Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
UH has no chance of entering the Big XII whatsoever. They'd eat into the recruiting pools of conference schools without offering much financial return

Which sucks. A lot. But they're managing to attract recruits despite being in the AAC and who knows, maybe they'll be invited elsewhere if they become high profile enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Expand into Texas by inviting UH to the Big Ten

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hurray UH made it into the Big East! Not the best BCS conference but it- *all the good teams flee the Big East, BCS system goes away anyway, Big East ceases to exist*

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Baylor or TCU would have gotten in last year if not for the refusal to back away from the co-champions thing

I think, anyway

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Thermos H Christ posted:

God dammit how did this become the narrative? It was not a "refusal." The rules for determining champions were set out before the season started. The commissioner couldn't just unilaterally change those rules after all the games had been played, and obviously neither of the schools was going to vacate their title to help the other make the playoff. If the B12 had refused to name both of them co-champs, whoever got snubbed would have sued, and they would have won.

Whatever, I don't know the details, the only college stuff I really follow is my own school :shrug:

So then the ability to have co-champions is arguably what cost them the playoff spot, the point was that it's not just Texas and Oklahoma that can get into the playoff without a conference championship game

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wanvig posted:

I keep hearing people say "we need to follow Boise State's footsteps", because I guess there's nothing else we can do, but look at Boise. All that winning, the David & Goliath narratives, and the success sustained long enough to turn fans into haters - only to get no higher than the MWC.

I might be more negative than most, but I think Houston will hang around just long enough to be left out by the four superconferences and have to drop to FCS or drop football altogether. Turn TDECU stadium into a smaller stadium with another parking garage next to the current parking garage.

Well the campus could certainly use more parking

Though admittedly I graduated before they installed the parking garage off spur 5 so I don't know what the parking situation is like these days

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I hope Maryland does the state flag on their turf in addition to their helmets

Also I hope Houston goes in the big 12 but that's not going to happen

Or rebuild the SWC

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Benne posted:

How the gently caress did Texas manage to elect a worse governor/human being than Rick Perry

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I still refuse to give in to the hope or thought that UH will be added

Let it be a pleasant surprise if it happens instead

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If that's real I hope the Big 12 dies

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Coogs need to crush OU this weekend so it'll look like the Big 12 is just shook

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If Rice gets into the Big 12 over Houston I might have to set something on fire

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol at UConn being a basketball even though they'd only be in the Big 12 with their football team?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Shook af OU is never letting Houston in now

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Can we just admit that OU is shook from the rear end whipping the Coogs laid on them? smh

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

milk milk lemonade posted:

'I prefer the CFP to the Menike Tire Bowl'

'You hate football'

Fortunately both are readily available in this bowl season

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Why not eliminate the entire season and go by preseason rankings, only the CFP games matter

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I can understand not caring about minor bowl games

I can't understand being offended enough about their existence to demand they be eliminated

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

whiteyfats posted:

Popeye's is pretty decent for a chain place.

:yeah:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Feel free to poach one more team from the American, tia

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I knew that one way or another Houston wasn't getting in

gently caress the big 12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

You forgot the "PS Thanks for helping us strongarm more money out of the networks"

• Locked thread