Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

CaptainYesterday posted:

Houston - high momentum in football

Hey our basketball team is better this year too - now we're one step above total poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Korranus posted:

I think for now Houston is just going to have to get a lot of people hot and bothered about making a lot of noise from the G5, and how G5s should only be seen in September and not heard, and become hot real estate to a conference that is competently run...like the ACC or Pac 12. Or maybe a conference that don't exist yet.

I keep hearing people say "we need to follow Boise State's footsteps", because I guess there's nothing else we can do, but look at Boise. All that winning, the David & Goliath narratives, and the success sustained long enough to turn fans into haters - only to get no higher than the MWC.

I might be more negative than most, but I think Houston will hang around just long enough to be left out by the four superconferences and have to drop to FCS or drop football altogether. Turn TDECU stadium into a smaller stadium with another parking garage next to the current parking garage.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Korranus posted:

Area Code -
Houston - 713
Iowa State - 515

On-Campus Chick-Fil-As -
Houston - 2
Iowa State - 0

Brb, emailing this to Bowlsby

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

I'm with you: as long as Houston crushes OU I don't really care about the Big 12 implications.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Spacebump posted:

The list is apparently at 12 teams currently.
https://twitter.com/max_olson/status/771179966100680704

Yay at making the cut, lol at UConn's emoji being a basketball and not a dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Why are we (Houston) even trying to get into the Big 12? Based on this morning's game, I'm not impressed.

Just kidding, I'll take that sweet P5 money.

• Locked thread