Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Fred Smith, the CEO of FedEx said that FedEx would sign a long-term Big 12 title game sponsorship deal if the Big 12 picks Memphis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Anecdotally, Memphis has a pretty good fan base in the greater Memphis area. I spent three years there for law school and was a minority within the city as a Tennessee fan. I was not a minority in any other sense and in Memphis that is pretty significant.

I just moved to Memphis last year and I want Big 12 to come here for selfish reasons so I can enjoy better football than I currently get. However, I feel Memphis is a basketball town first and foremost, unfortunately. Last season was their best ever in football and they only sold out one game (Ole Miss).

I do think Memphis could be a solid football town and I had a great time at the games I went to. The gameday scene at Memphis is a lot of fun and pretty underrated. The tailgating is almost SEC-esque and I think visiting fans would have a good time here (probably more fun than going to Provo or Cincinnati in November).

1. Go to Central BBQ for lunch, 2. Tailgate, 3. Go to the game (they sell beer at Memphis home games which is a plus), 4. hit Beale Street after the game.

MourningView posted:

Tears well up in the eyes of the Rutgers president as he proudly unveils a New York Television Market statue outside the stadium

rofl

Next on the Big Ten Network: Big Ten Legends, The New York City Media Market

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

General Dog posted:

Looks like the Big 12 is possibly negotiating with ESPN and Fox for a pay increase in exchange for not expanding, according to Pete Thamel. Maybe they aren't as dumb as they seem.

Wouldn't the networks want them to expand since there would be more games and a CCG?

• Locked thread