Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
The Big 12 (Bowlsby) decides who they get to recommend to the committee (and that recommendation came down to tiebreaker which Baylor won), but used obscure technical loopholes (saying it was only for bowl games not for a committee which is brand new) to refuse to say that Baylor was the champion and went out of his way to hint to others that TCU was the better team, intentionally torpedoing Baylor's chances forever like they always do (would've won that year, and alst year, and thi syear, and forever chamops) and now baylors gonna get left out of a conference again (like TCU tried to do in the big 12, but backfired, and they got stuck in midmajor no mans land forever and blamed baylor for it) despite being the best team in football and basketball and probably other dumber sports too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Thermos H Christ posted:

No. No they did not. That did not happen, and as a B12 fan you of all people should know better.

That decision was not made at the end of the season. It could not be made at the end of the season. It had nothing to do with Wisconsin or GT. The rules for the tournament and declaring a winner had been declared long in advance, and agreed upon by all the teams. The commissioner could not just unilaterally take back the hardware from a co-champ who won it fair and square under the rules everyone agreed to. I guess starting this narrative is not as bad as enabling rapists, but I'm still going to add it to the list of reasons I do not like football coach Art Briles. It was asinine of him to demand it, and it is asinine that everyone ran with his insane suggestion that it was possible.

He had a chance to forward Baylor as the team to the top bowl, except he spent hours all night with a dictionary figuring out exactly which loophole he could use to avoid doing that (due to his love of TCU's cheating and a desire to get two teams into the playoffs but mostly getting TCU in first because he felt "TCU was better" due to twitter Media trump bias). The obscure loophole he found was it said "bowl game" instead of "playoffs" and because this was the first playoffs he said there was no precedent for that and refused to forward Baylor, the #1 team in the world, as the #1 team in the conference.

This except the first part (he could have and should have put them forward as the #1 team):

kayakyakr posted:

It would have been easy for them to declare Baylor champion and TCU co-champion. Or even declared Baylor as the Big XII's #1 team (would have gone to Sugar Bowl in Champions Bowl years) without breaking the co-champions thing. They hedged by presenting the teams as proper co-champions, not putting one over the other. They lost.

Everyone knew they were co-champions based on the rules but he refused to name Baylor costing them our First Ever Championship except all the other championships we won, mostly AFFman Style.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Kim Jong Il posted:

Long term yes, but you can just as easily argue that they should get the money now because it's not going to exist soon.

I have some inside info here in that I know for a fact that traditional cable companies as they exist now will be dead in five years, it will all be over the top ala Netflix. There will only be ISPs and no content providers.

I know that everyone sees this as inevitable but hamstrung for now due to rights issues. However, one of the bigger players in cable is planning to flip the switch a lot sooner than you think. The reason is that internet is pure profit for them, while they make nothing off television because the rights are so expensive.

Dropping Truth Bombs that Cable TV Companies May Adjust their Business Plans Soon

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Kim Jong Il posted:

I work in the industry and have literally seen the plans for this stuff starting to roll out in Q3 of this year and that's not publicly known. Of course it's well known that this is going to happen as a long term trend, it's just going to happen a lot sooner than people think.

How much are our internet rates going to increase for the same or less service?

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

CaptainYesterday posted:

There's a reason I put Tulsa in the not-gonna-happen tier.

tulsa has baylor coaches more Rapensraum for the Wacoreich, go baylor!!!

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Sorry all, Baylor can't singlehandedly save the Big 12 this time... think twice before you cry rape due to a Hillary Clinton rumor. This is pathetic.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Spacebump posted:

I wish this thread decided expansion. This might be the most Tulane to the Big 12 friendly place on the internet.

Anyone that's possibly worse than Baylor that can give us a free win to get closer to 6 every year baby, all of those are welcome, Bowl Game Baylor Bitch champs 2017 til Big12 Dissolvification baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Don't worry baylor will save the conference, AGAIN, then get framed for bad things by a Clinton in the whitehouse, AGAIN, then a building will mysteriously burn down, AGAIN

• Locked thread