Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

quote:

I am

not

quote:

reading poo poo

quote:

quote:

not
what do you mean?

formatted like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

Wtf does Woke Capital even mean. I'm sorry I used it but I refuse to edit that post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwvAgDCOdU4

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Flavius Aetass posted:

I mean, same, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with a dude who consistently acts like a 12 year old on X-box whenever he disagrees with someone in the slightest. It's funny in a way but from the perspective of someone trying to make it so people can post in threads and have discussions about things without being driven away by toxic assholes, people like that can gently caress off.

idk maybe let one of the other 21 members of the mod force handle this since you seem so easily flustered, I'm worried your finger might slip and hit the ban button when you meant to reach for your probe button. then we'll never be able to have a fruitful and productive discussion :(

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

brotha from anatha posted:

how difficult is it to grasp that your moderation is neither desired or required by anyone who ever witnessed any of your participation in this thread, which has composed of "lol, gently caress you" and "im going to probate larry becasue he used a bad wrd". nobody wants you here, and i would be infinately more popular as a thread ik.

gently caress you and go away

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

cowardly probe

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
flavass is an anti-communist op

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
lol a weeks probe for making fun of the dumbass mod who keeps retarding the thread’s discussions

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

paul_soccer12 posted:

im going to say the n word

im going to deny the g word

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
deny one two state department genocide accusations and they send in the cops, wtf!

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
mmm, reified beans

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
https://www.marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/2017/is-posting-praxis/ch01.html

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
there’s a good reading list in the op

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Ferrinus posted:

notably i think flavius has received much more open hostility and demands to leave (as opposed to reasoned discussion) re: the larry thing than he has re: the xinjiang thing,

perhaps there is a larger dialectic link between the two

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
or phrase, like “denying genocide” lol

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Ferrinus posted:

i believe mao might classify this as an example of an antagonistic vs. a non-antagonistic contradiction

yes and behold, repeatedly doubling down on probes is a great way to turn the latter into the former!

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Dustcat posted:

imho ferrinus made good arguments against saying slurs in the communism thread and i don't understand why it's so important to a small but loud contingent of posters here that a dumbass be allowed to angrily shout the r-word itt

you should write an article about it

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
here are some excellent posts from first page, those halcyon days when posters did the communism thread right

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Hell yeah, thanks for making this thread. PSL is legit. Think they're gonna get my vote and my donations this year.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Homeless Friend posted:

How about reading recommendations but on attempting to synthesize the striving towards the utopian vision of society in a world of climate disruption & displacement, which is forthcoming at some date in the future. These two subjects seem to stay strangely stay about a mile away from each other, or just give vague goals. Let us save the souls of our C-SPAM doomer legion.

I’ve heard good things about ministry for the future

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

turd in my singlet posted:

Beer is especially interesting imo because of the relatively unsophisticated computers available back then. rather than relying on computers to track and process tons of data, he used deliberately structured information flows to create layers of abstraction so that policy-makers didn't have to deal with masses of data

he had some takes on logistics from my understanding but it must be in one of his other books. Brain is specifically about management

I’ve not gotten to Beer yet but naively this sounds a little like how neural networks deal with information

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Flavius Aetass posted:

lol how full of poo poo can you be dude. literally "my master plan" monologuing about using slurs

you started saying that all the time after you got called out too hard for calling people f--gots constantly way back in uh... 2018

why are you doing this

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Flavius Aetass posted:

read my post?

what does this have to do with marxism, communism, or organizing

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Flavius Aetass posted:

I'm replying to another post itt how do you not get that

can you maybe post something relevant to the thread?

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Raskolnikov38 posted:

just stop doing things, you mods are all terrible at it

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Ferrinus posted:

well, no, the thread is being derailed by the five or six of you who haven't taken this to QCS for some reason. however i think this slapfight can be connected back to the discussion of marxist practice by pointing out that, for some reason, identity issues are completely disposable when it's time to revolt against the hated mods, even in here

just stop

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
dialectics, b*tch

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Ferrinus posted:

well, thus far there's been a repeated pattern of one person using a slur and getting punished for it and then about five people who otherwise never post here popping out of the woodwork to consume multiple pages of the thread crying about the punishment. this seems, to me, to constitute a conflict disrupting a thread, and one that is obviously not solved by simply reprimanding the repeat instigator

but if somehow the slur ISN'T a big deal while not being able to post for six hours is, that's a bit weird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVEbzdN_7n0

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
it's the 36th anniversary of the move bombing

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
n**l*beral

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Lostconfused posted:

So then dialectics is just a thing everyone does already but philosophers made up a word for it to make themselves seem important?

no liberals by and large can’t think dialectically, they see poo poo like senate norms and believe with all of their being that they represent some kind of eternal truth.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Most people don't think about objects in terms of their relations either. A dialectical thinker looks at a commodity and is aware of all the interactions & labor that brought it before them, but for most people those relations are concealed behind an abstraction like "the market."

yah I heard someone describe the design of apple products as intended to give an appearance of a single unified product plucked from heaven and refined by a handful of craftspeople instead of being the product of a planet-spanning chain of logistics exploiting literally millions of people

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
here are three assigned readings before I engage any further

no I will not contextualize them

and furthermore,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

ArfJason posted:

This thread is putting the R back in USSR

highly regarded