Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

i went to some psl stuff last time around. it seemed to be composed of two groups that interacted very little: one skewing young and largely focused on immediate recession relief re: immigrantion issues, employment, society building (reflected in peta lindsay); the other much older and almost the leftist version of a trumper, angry about a lot of litmus/leverage issues but unable to express them as a coherent whole or domestic platform, e.g., raving mad about the death penalty but indifferent to actionable plans for justice/prison reform or how they relate to employment, regulation of local/state governments

surprisingly few internet stalinists

i met more interesting and informed leftists at green party poo poo but unfortunately they were diluted with, well, everyone else in the green party

overall id call them Pretty lovely Leftists but given the poo poo options that seem likely i may throw my vote away on them again anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Mofabio posted:

re:violence, I'm gonna be honest I'd be a little disappointed if I turned 50 and still didn't know what banker tastes like

dont worry, in hillarys america youll have plenty of bankers in your mouth

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

You're right, but I think Pener was talking about social democracy in modern practice as opposed to its theory or origin movements.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

yeah but many working class whites in the rustbelt and south either have lost track of their ancestry or have such a mix of scottish/english/german/french/am. indian/(psst african too) they are unable to identify a particular ancestry

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

The Kingfish posted:

"Nice meltdown" seems like something a modern Ronald Reagan would say to win a debate. lol

mr gorbachev, tear down this salt

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

horseshoe theory? id like to propose something called duality theory: the spectrum of political beliefs are actually all the same and bad, excluding mine, which is different and good

just a warning, if you try to argue against me i dont actually have to engage with anything you say, since by definition you are indistinguishable from the worst political position imaginable

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

i for one have never even been inside a tank

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

im glad i can now pretend my dislike of harry potter is driven by ideological superiority instead of just milquetoast writing

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

jarofpiss posted:

long night of direct action in college station tx. had a huge leftist showing against richard spencer speaking at the university. we were forcibly removed by riot squad at shield and baton point and horse mounted troops and we had one young comrade suffer a concussion at the hands of the troopers. no fascists moved freely and spencer was evacuated under stealth. i'd say we had several hundred leftists from around the state as well as a thousand non radicals in attendance. will be reporting more about the injured comrade as i hear more; hopefully if she's not insured we can pass the can around and help her out with any medical bills. end of the night we bashed the fuckin fash and i'm extremely proud of the showing that the left made in the most conservative university in tx. someone please make a good meme out of this.

good poo poo comrades

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

asdf32 posted:

You think the New York Times is capitalist propaganda while actual communist propaganda is is a good primary source.

yes, how could the nyt, mouthpiece of krugman and brooks, possibly be capitalist propaganda

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

aggro tankie lfg, /w me

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

funny way to spell posted:

Risking death / killing people in a fight you have no dog in to impress Twitter Marxists is truly a noble way to die.

yeah if hes serious about his beliefs why doesnt he do something that will really change the world like shitpost in an unfunny reboot of an internet subforum

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

Isn't this the Culture series

sort of but like half the books are exploring the ethics of postcolonial liberal interference in the third world

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

youre talking to a man enamored with an ideology that can exhaust itself it 140 characters

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

splifyphus posted:

an honest to god marxy thread on something awful, in the year of our trump 1. im either tripping nutsack or i've time-travelled back to the days of that old-timey xtian calendar system.

gently caress, i feel a post coming on.

this is a good post, please return after your time in the concentrumpen camp

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

mandatory re-education? had no idea you were a tankie

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Baloogan posted:

But right now we're super hosed if we don't act like a big organisim

agreed, full communism now

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

dude lowtax is broken enough as it is, dont do that to a man that has kids to feed

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

pisspiggrandad is fuckin killing today

wasnt going to carry a sign tomorrow since its a different crowd (neolib activism themepark day) but really just want to carry a printout of his feed

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

its not a protest, neolib. they made a whole website to make it very clear it isnt a protest and theres a whole foods nearby so everything is very safe and network television and mlk solved racism just by talking nice

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

jarofpiss posted:

just want to remind you that people in your town are only waiting for a chance to be heard so get your poo poo together and organize and they will show up

uhhh...this is my first time at the senor tacos open mic night...and...uh....i just wanted to say...death to capitalism

now im going to play freebird, but bear with me im learning

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

someone photoshop old joe's hair orange and baloogan will be an instant tankie

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Fallen Hamprince posted:

stalin was born in a georgian peasant household and grew up in a rural seminary so he most likely stank like old feet and manure 24/7

probably smelled better than mao though

what a pleb. i bet he never had a cronut and didnt know the lyrics to hamilton either

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Fallen Hamprince posted:

great idea! joining PSL is a great way to indicate to the future/present fascist regime that you're not a real threat and can be safely ignored

hamprince has got us here. the psl is a worthless org. they've even lost to donald trump as many times as the dnc!

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

hamprince i always knew youd see the light of accelerationism

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

*chuckles* this guy, thinks children from poor neighborhoods should have access to the same quality of education as wealthy kids *makes cringing wrinkly face* but im pretty sure, he just means boys *studio audience laughs*

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Bryter posted:

"left forum" is what I hope hamprince has done every time I log on to this website

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

how do you do, fellow non-spooks

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

A real life prole is running for Paul Ryan's seat.

https://twitter.com/timjhogan/status/876967541318537216

goddamn

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

2 post or not 2 post... That is the question *ponders pepe skull*

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

ewoks

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

jawas are p obvs anarcho libertarians

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Darkman Fanpage posted:

go post there not here

we already have to deal with tori. cant we put the neolib concentration camp in gip or bfc or something

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

shouldnt be surprised by neolibs claiming the victories of their leftist forebearers

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

GalacticAcid posted:

a gentle barb couched in winking irony

please dont doxx my dating profile

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

T-man posted:

ban the mods

mod the banned

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

lmao

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/clmazin/status/1290431596290437120

this explains quite a bit about why Chernobyl was written (or at least was interpreted) in the way that it was

everything you need to know about this dude is he wrote scary movie 3 and 4, and after his big break riding on the wave of russophobia, used his one wish opportunity where he could probably pitch any project he wanted...to do the le epic meme Borderlands and press F to say games are art actually Last of Us

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

people keep trying to get me to read books. sounds a lot like gideons trying to get me to read the bible. no thanks, morons :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

indigi posted:

yeah but that’s not really cheating, that’s just politics

yeah, i think it's important to point out that its rotten, and you should definitely argue the point to libs, but like with corbyn having no effective response to the media campaign against him, you kind of had to know it was how things were going to be played and have a strategy to defeat it. revolutions arent won on the purity of intentions