Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Problem description: constant stuttering of video every second

Attempted fixes: literally everything from rebuilding my machine from scratch more than six times over the past four years. replaced every single piece of the pc one at a time and all at once. I've moved. had two electricians confirm the power in both my places was good. installed two different ups's two different power scrubbers replaced every cable and connection at least ten times. switched out 7 different monitors hooked each of them up with varying connection types and adapters. grounded and ungrounded my cable line had my fuse box replaced twice and upgraded to a 220 amp box. change to dsl and back to cable internet then to fios and back to time warner. tried using a vr headset instead of a monitor or tv. tried installing Linux OS X and Windows 7 8 8.1 10 vista xp sp 3 2 and 1. removed all other items that draw power in home and shut down all other fuses tried each individual room and fuse to no avail. Hooked my equipment up on the power plug reserved for my fridge as well as the one set for the heating and ac. did I mention I loving moved and it didn't help. hired two different tech guys in my area my machine works fine there (yeah no loving idea on that one). used a humidifier a dehumidifier connected my computer case to my sink via wire to make drat sure it was grounded. ungrounded my monitor but not my pc and vice versa. replaced modem twice and router twice. had an electrician out this Monday to see if the amps coming into the home were possibly an issue after seeing that they weren't I showed him the issue and his guess was something to do with the cable connection coming into the home or possibly the meter needing replaced outside my condo

Recent changes: everything and nothing

--

Operating system: Windows ten professional 64 bit currently

System specs: Intel core i7 4790k
evga gtx 980ti ftw 6gb pcie
gigabyte ga-z97x gaming 7 mobo
2 2tb western digital mainstrm grnhd ip hard drives
Samsung e 250gb ssd 850 evo
EVGAMEM 32GB 8X4 D3 2400 DIMM C11
thermaltake 750 watt 80+g tax psu
cool master hyper212 evo cpu heatsynch
ipsg lg bd-rw 16x data burner
currently using an Asus 24" led vg248qe monitor

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

note the current machine I have was built two weeks ago and the issue is present even though no equipment carried over literally none not even a hard drive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruit Smoothies
Mar 28, 2004

The bat with a ZING
Have you tried a CRT screen?

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Fruit Smoothies posted:

Have you tried a CRT screen?

No I have not I don't know where I can find one but what would that prove one way or another?

Edit: I have a friend whose the it guy at the local school district who I might be able to finagle a crt from

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Please provide more information about the issue you're experiencing. Does this happen in games, or just video files? When playing from the local harddrive, or just streaming? Have you tried a motherboard from a different brand?

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Alereon posted:

Please provide more information about the issue you're experiencing. Does this happen in games, or just video files? When playing from the local harddrive, or just streaming? Have you tried a motherboard from a different brand?

The stutter is present at all times no matter what I'm doing so it's present during games video playback streaming everything. I've used motherboards from acer Asus hp megabyte and more.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Haruharuharuko posted:

The stutter is present at all times no matter what I'm doing so it's present during games video playback streaming everything. I've used motherboards from acer Asus hp megabyte and more.

And also it happens to anything I plug in here like Xbox one stutters my ps4 stutters and so on hell my friends MacBook loving stutters here but not at his place it most likely has nothing to do with the components of the pc

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

College Slice
So let me get this straight, you see stuttering on the built-in display of a Mac laptop when it is at your house, but not elsewhere, without it being connected to your WiFi? How far out the door do you have to walk for it to stop?

Turn off your fuckin pirate radio station man.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Alereon posted:

So let me get this straight, you see stuttering on the built-in display of a Mac laptop when it is at your house, but not elsewhere, without it being connected to your WiFi? How far out the door do you have to walk for it to stop?

Turn off your fuckin pirate radio station man.

Dude your guess is as good as mine I got no idea I have a other electrician set to inspect and do some tests on Friday will post results

Haruharuharuko fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jan 21, 2016

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Are you by chance living next to a massive electro magnet? I can't otherwise imagine how multiple devices, including self-contained ones like a laptop, would all demonstrate the same issue. Do you have a smart phone, and does it display the same issue?

Does the laptop only stutter when you hook it up to your outlets, or even if it's just sitting on a table?

e: Just re-read it and saw you loving moved and it keeps happening, are you an X-Men starting to gain powers? :psyduck: Do your neighbors in the condo have similar issues?

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 21, 2016

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Mo_Steel posted:

Are you by chance living next to a massive electro magnet? I can't otherwise imagine how multiple devices, including self-contained ones like a laptop, would all demonstrate the same issue. Do you have a smart phone, and does it display the same issue?

Does the laptop only stutter when you hook it up to your outlets, or even if it's just sitting on a table?

e: Just re-read it and saw you loving moved and it keeps happening, are you an X-Men starting to gain powers? :psyduck: Do your neighbors in the condo have similar issues?

Uhh well no to the first one
When plugged in
Smart phone does it too kind of not as bad though and only when charging
My power sucks worse than jubilees
No issue for them

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

College Slice
What you've described isn't really possible. Are you sure you're not on drugs, or having vision problems or something?

E: I once read a "tech support horror story" where a lady reported this because she was eating crispy things which made her vision vibrate.

Alereon fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 22, 2016

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

The problem is for all devices that display video, occurs only occurs at your own house, and has persisted through a move?

Have you tried unplugging absolutely everything else in the house and seeing if it still happens?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Wrap everything in your place in at least two layers of aluminum foil, including yourself. See if that fixes things.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Alereon posted:

What you've described isn't really possible. Are you sure you're not on drugs, or having vision problems or something?

E: I once read a "tech support horror story" where a lady reported this because she was eating crispy things which made her vision vibrate.

Well let's assume some of the other stuff isn't involved let's say the pc is the culprit but it isn't hardware or software related as all of it has been replaced. And it works out of the home without issue.

I'm going home to disconnect and turn off all my networking kit as a test let's say I'll post results.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Wrap everything in your place in at least two layers of aluminum foil, including yourself. See if that fixes things.

Fixed it perfectly thanks.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

What kind of lighting do you use in your home(s)?
Does it occur with natural sunlight coming through the window and all artificial light sources off?

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Geemer posted:

What kind of lighting do you use in your home(s)?
Does it occur with natural sunlight coming through the window and all artificial light sources off?

No differences on lighting

I think I have something though I ripped all my networking stuff out disconnected the cable line shut everything down and the pc as far as I can tell is running fine the ps 4 runs like poo poo still and I'll have to go borrow a friends to see if theirs runs the same.

Question now is what in gods name is coming in over the cable line that would cause issue like this and how do I fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

College Slice
I'm closing this thread as it is not really computer-related and is a waste of everyone's time.

• Locked thread