Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fluffykittys
Aug 22, 2016

I can't hear you over the sound of me licking my own anus.
Check out all this hott pussy. I live and die for Siamese. Legit, classic, Saimese pussy. Me-Yow.
Really, though, I'm so obsessed with colorpoints. I love the two that I have now, for whom I was there when they were born in the shelter. And I also ended up taking their father, who was also a classic Siamese, for the rest of his life. So much love for this thread.
Attached is a picture of my son, practicing his meditation. Because of course, being from Siam, he is Buddhist

fluffykittys fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Aug 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fluffykittys
Aug 22, 2016

So, I was listening to the radio one day, and they start talking about Siamese cats. And the guy talking asks the question, "What happens if you put a Siamese cat in the refrigerator?" Of course, he was joking around as a lead in to talking about how their fur changes colors with their skin temperature, but I (like the derptard that I sometimes am) totally had a freak-out moment where I was going, "What!? Why are you putting cat in the fridge?! Terrible things will happen!"

fluffykittys
Aug 22, 2016

He may be lonely or bored. Have you considered another cat? More catnip? More interactive playtime? More frequent litter box cleanings? Taking him outside on harness and leash?
What does he like to do for fun? Is he more sociable or more isolated? He may want more attention, or a quiet, isolated place all to himself.
Also, if the initial incident was while you were away, he may still be punishing you for leaving in the first place. In which case, the behavior should stop as time passes, and in the future, board him elsewhere when you leave, so that he associates the boarding facility instead of his home with his distress.

fluffykittys fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Aug 24, 2016

fluffykittys
Aug 22, 2016

Esme posted:

:aaa: I had no idea that this was the reason for the color pattern. When I was a kid, my neighbor had a Siamese that had to have surgery for some reason when it was young (something went wrong when neutering, I think). They cut in through the cat's side, and of course shaved a square patch of fur off where they made the incision. When the fur grew back, it was black just like his points. I wonder if the circulation didn't come back to the area properly or something... either way that cat looked real stupid for the next few years.

Sucks to be that cat. XD
I've also had weird things happen that I can't explain, like when my cat got an infection in her face, just her face turned grey for about a year, and then it went away. Apparently, that's a Siamese thing, but no one knows why it happens.

fluffykittys
Aug 22, 2016

Cythereal posted:

My family used to have a Siamese mix who normally had two blue eyes. One day we got up and she had one blue eye and one green eye. We were understandably alarmed and called the vet, who said it should be fine unless she displayed any other symptoms of something weird going on. The very next day, her suddenly green eye was back to blue and never changed again.

Cats are weird, man. Siamese especially so it would seem.

That's crazy. That's the first time I've ever even heard of that. Weird.
Yeah, I'd say cats are pretty crazy in general, but especially Siamese.

• Locked thread