Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

call to action posted:

That game is so loving good, it's like the ultimate game for paranoid conspiracy theory people who love terrible voice acting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30

Genuinely impossible to tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel like if you can describe it as a "just say no campaign" then maybe that's a testament to whether we've tried one of those and whether it works?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah you really know a politician is on coke when they sit in the chamber and stare at the opposition benches like they're the most amazing thing in the world.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Depends on how good you are at simultaneously believing that addiction is both a thing capable of independently destroying you whether you want it to or not while also being a conscious moral failing.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

PT6A posted:

I couldn't give two fucks if someone gets high safely.

raa raa my money going to pay for junkies raa raa.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

PT6A posted:

Better that they use a little bit from my taxes than break into my car or house.

Anyone who wouldn't make that trade is dumb as all gently caress.

Some people just absolutely seethe at the possibility that someone might be doing something they don't approve of, or having fun with even a fraction of money they might once have handled.

They would rather just kill all addicts than risk the possibility that they might in some way be unintentionally charitable.

Hence the desire to put them in jail, throw away they key, and also not pay to fund prisons.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The closest thing I can think of are those herb oil extract things you get in the woo shops. Though whether they count as pharmaceutical or not I dunno. Even then it's generally not just a fist of leaves, either pills or liquids, presumably due to easier standardisation of the processed product.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah that's specifically what I was thinking of, I'd probably take the position that selling stuff as raw leaves, unless you need it to be like that, in the case of tobacco, seems less likely than products being marketed as extracts in pill or liquid form, again cos it's probably easier to bottle stuff up or press it into pills at standardized concentrations than it is to do quality control on a bunch of plant matter that you're selling as, like, a drug with dosages and stuff.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It took me a long time to stop conflating the words kratom and krokodil and I was very confused until I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean I get why, given that clear liquid is all around us whereas suspicious powder is less so, but clear liquid or white powder are basically the two most common chemical compositions in existence.