Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post

SSNeoman posted:

They really should give you the abilities after you fight the bosses. They seem to trivialize the fights a lot.

That would really resolve the difficulty issue those early bossfights have.
They do get a bit tougher later on, so your special attacks don't instantly burn half their HP in one go but it's still waaaay too ridiculous.

Ashsaber posted:

Only up to episode 3 so far, but thanks for doing this LP. Never would have seen the game in action otherwise. I have to mention that I like Kat's animations, they're just so full of life and personality. I've seen about a half dozen failed landing ones, which tend to be some variation of comical pratfall and scrambling to make a smooth looking recovery (and failing).

I never actually noticed that. Need to pay more attention to such details.
Thanks for mentioning it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I've been curious about this game since I saw the ads for it in PSN, so I'm in. I've heard there's supposed to be a sequel this year, right?

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post

Geostomp posted:

I've been curious about this game since I saw the ads for it in PSN, so I'm in. I've heard there's supposed to be a sequel this year, right?

Yep, it's supposed to be released later this year. That sequel is also the reason why they made the Remastered version.
From the look of it it seems like it's going to be more Gravity Rush with a handful of extra moves and some added features.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Apepresident posted:

Wow, that's actually new to me. Did they ever mention why they changed from PS3 to Vita?

I think Sony just needed a Vita game more than a PS3 one at that time.

Ashsaber posted:

Only up to episode 3 so far, but thanks for doing this LP. Never would have seen the game in action otherwise. I have to mention that I like Kat's animations, they're just so full of life and personality. I've seen about a half dozen failed landing ones, which tend to be some variation of comical pratfall and scrambling to make a smooth looking recovery (and failing).

I believe some of the time Ape is "dodging" right before hitting the ground, which results in a clean landing.

Apepresident posted:

Yep, it's supposed to be released later this year. That sequel is also the reason why they made the Remastered version.
From the look of it it seems like it's going to be more Gravity Rush with a handful of extra moves and some added features.

There's also supposed to be some sort of GR animation before the game's release. I don't know anything more specific.

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
New episode out now!
Remember when we tried to catch Alias and failed horribly?
How about we do that exact same thing all over again.... you know, because it worked amazingly the first time around .....

Rinkles posted:

There's also supposed to be some sort of GR animation before the game's release. I don't know anything more specific.

Holy cow! They're really investing a lot into this series all of sudden.

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
New episode out now!
Time to wrap up our duties as a maiden for the upperclass.
To Melda's fancy mansion of fanciness!

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
New episode out now!
We're about the completely rebuild Hekseville by bringin back the final missing district.
However this time we're also going to discover a new "functionality" with Dusty: Remember how we couldn't gravity shift when Dusty wasn't around.
What happens if Dusty is feeling under the weather?

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I just wanted to say thanks for playing this. I'm really enjoying it.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

This game is a lot more disjointed than I expected. And for having a fairly unique world, it seems awfully happy to retread cliches.

Also, ApePresident LPs: Always More Nazis

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
New episode out now!
You know what would make this game even better? Illegal drag racing!
Guess what we're going to do this time.... (though drag racing might not be the right term for this)

SSNeoman posted:

This game is a lot more disjointed than I expected. And for having a fairly unique world, it seems awfully happy to retread cliches.
Yeah, the story goes all over the place and we haven't even reached the weirdest part of the world.
But that's actually pretty good, because otherwise this would be just like any other "hero saves world" story.... except the gravity shifting part of course.

SSNeoman posted:

Also, ApePresident LPs: Always More Nazis

... crap, you're right!
Those filthy nazis are invading all the good games. drat you Nazis! :rant:

No Gravitas posted:

I just wanted to say thanks for playing this. I'm really enjoying it.
Really appreciate the feedback.
Glad you enjoy it :D

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
New episode out now!
It's time we finally head on over to the final and biggest town in all of Hekseville.
There, we'll be doing the most crucial of all jobs: Finding a lost letter ..... Doesn't sound that important now that I think about it ...

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Apepresident posted:

Update
New episode out now!
It's time we finally head on over to the final and biggest town in all of Hekseville.
There, we'll be doing the most crucial of all jobs: Finding a lost letter ..... Doesn't sound that important now that I think about it ...

Hmm... This game for some reason reminds me of RahXephon and Haibane Renmei. Maybe the art style and a bit of the surreal thrown in?

I do wonder what will happen with that Nala/Singlor (sp?) plot. In fact, I'm starting to really like the overall plot of this thing.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Holy poo poo we joined ricers :rice:
And we rolled a loving 20 on our diplomacy check apparently goddamn.
what the gently caress :psyduck:

Catgirl costume drat I was so close.

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
New episode out now!
Turns out there's actually something below all of these Gravity Storms: Children.
Lots of children, all grouped up in one small town.

SSNeoman posted:

Holy poo poo we joined ricers :rice:
And we rolled a loving 20 on our diplomacy check apparently goddamn.
what the gently caress :psyduck:

This mission was the most fantastic thing in the world.
Definetly worth those 4$ for that one alone.

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
New episode out now!
So now that also Raven is trapped down here in this town of children, how about we find a way to leave this place and go back to civilization?

Warning: The game's plot is going to get super confusing from here on out.

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm three minutes in and I'm already digging the confusion. Surrealism is my thing, I guess!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Someone really likes the New York skyline, huh?

Hey remember that rumor about a bus that fell off a cliff...?

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Feb 19, 2016

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
New episode out now!
The trip to the town of children was fun and all but it's about time to finally go back to Hekseville and see all of our friend again.
I hope the children made it to Hekseville too...

No Gravitas posted:

I'm three minutes in and I'm already digging the confusion. Surrealism is my thing, I guess!

This surreal part was also pretty well implemented.
Eventhough it's completely different from everything else in the game, it somehow managed to actually make sense.

SSNeoman posted:

Hey remember that rumor about a bus that fell off a cliff...?
It's actually kinda shocking how nobody, not even their parents, miss those children.
They might've been down there for a long time, but shouldn't there be atleast SOMEONE (besides Raven) searching for those children?

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
New episode out now!
With the first bit of drama out of the way let's go back to some happier things, such as the Spy DLC so we can meet our beloved Snakehoppers again.
This mission is once again going all over the place while still being a ton of fun.
It's safe to say: Being a spy in Hekseville is awesome!

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
The moment it did the whole poem thing, I knew it would be that guy. Still pretty funny.

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Arashiofordo3 posted:

The moment it did the whole poem thing, I knew it would be that guy. Still pretty funny.

Yeah, the poem tipped me off too. Still good.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Ooookay so we went through a time skip and Lord Genome became the dictator. Man this game is so abrupt when it switches tracks in its story. I can't decide if I like that or not.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
The time lapse to was foreshadowed earlier in the game remember the story about the guy who climbed up the pillar and found a mysterious castle which hosted him as guest for several years, but when he climbed back down only a few days had passed.

Also thanks for showing off this game Apepresident

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
New episode out now!
The end is drawing near so how about we introduce another character and get into some more weird dream sequence to progress the plot?
Better now than never I guess.

SSNeoman posted:

Ooookay so we went through a time skip and Lord Genome became the dictator. Man this game is so abrupt when it switches tracks in its story. I can't decide if I like that or not.

The story at the end turns kind of into a mess to be quite honest.
It'll be a bit more obvious at the end of the game, but the story was clearly designed to be explained throughout a series of games.

cokerpilot posted:

The time lapse to was foreshadowed earlier in the game remember the story about the guy who climbed up the pillar and found a mysterious castle which hosted him as guest for several years, but when he climbed back down only a few days had passed.

That's also very true. Something I really didn't mention up until now is that the game does a lot of explaining by just mentioning it in some of the rumours and side stories (which is also a reason why the Singlor/Nala story is somewhat important). The time lapse being a prime example.
There's actually a lengthy post talking on some forum going in-depth about all the hidden information throughout the game but I don't want to share that until we reached the end of the game.

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
New episode out now!
We're about to finish up the main story of the game. However, there's still one more DLC we didn't check out until now.
This one focuses on Hekseville's new army. Time to join the dark side I guess.

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Not a very long game, I see. Well, too bad.

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
New episode out now!
Let's wrap up the final DLC with an important mission.
For some weird reason this DLC really likes to throw a ton of Nevi at the capital of Hekseville.

"Coincidentally" D'Nellica is collecting all of the citizens in the middle of the capital (back in the main story)
hmmmm........ HMMMMMMM?!?!?!?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this DLC may have been a bit "rushed".

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
It's time for the final episode

So this one is weird to say the least. Stuff happens... And it seems like the developers pulled most of it out of their asses because they can.
It feels weird and leaves a ton of unanswered question. Don't really know how to feel about this one to be quite honest.

I'd highly recommend checking out this post which basically goes over all of the smaller details that (while not explicitly mentioned in the game) were hinted at during some points in the game.
It actually provides a lot of additional information since Gravity Rush does a lot of "story telling" by just mentioning certain things on the side.
However, some of those "facts" seem to be just this guys speculations but I'm not 100% sure.
But in the end he comes to a somewhat similar conclusion: This series needs more games to clarify a lot of stuff.

....So yeah .... guess we have to wait until Gravity Rush 2 comes out .....

SSNeoman posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this DLC may have been a bit "rushed".

And the award for most awful pun goes to this fine gentleman. Come here and get your price!

But in all seriousness, while this DLC felt very lacking it actually adds a bit of information for a certain "thing" right at the end of the game.
That's somewhat of a saving grace IMO. However, it's still not worth its 4$.

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
What. Just. Happened.

Well, drat. Nothing explained!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
God drat I didn't relied this had finished until I saw your dark cloud 2 lp. Thanks for all the works also what the hell was Syd pulling out of his coat and why was it so major that one of the creators decided it would be better idea for them to get involved then let him finish the action.

Also I can't help but think that ending was rushed.

• Locked thread