Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I really love the show, warts and all. For the next CW DC show I want Blazed Canary and cold puns with shameless Prison Break references.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

ApeHawk posted:

What about the implied natural athleticism, roofying, creepy love arc, and blandness?

Honestly I just skip over your posting

WarLocke posted:

I am so incredibly hyped for Arrow Beyond next week. :woop:

How old is Wentworth Miller? There's a lot of white in his hair, and he doesn't look that old...

He's 43!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

adhuin posted:

Because they don't want to Really murder any of the crew. You know deadly projectiles and all.

There are thousands trying to make it in Hollywood every day! Think about how much better this show could be if they were actually shooting people with arrows!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Mortanis posted:

Rip, being a time traveler, had zipped into the future to watch Batman v Superman, which that line references.

ok this made me giggle bravo sir

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Essentially any number put out by Hollywood on anything is 110% horseshit

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Hughlander posted:

^^^ I was on a project once for a Fortune 100 Hollywood owned company. It had a $20MM advertising budget. 18MM of it was for a magazine owned by the parent company.

"Well Magazine X isn't reaching it's numbers this week, better move 8 figures from column ZX to column B" "Yay it's profitable!"

This is pretty much standard operating procedure for all of Hollywood. 2 Million actually spent, 20 million charged to the production so that nothing ever makes money on paper, thus no paying for those pesky backend points.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Gatito posted:

Sarah Lance, Time Lesbian.

This always makes me giggle, way more than it really should

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I LOVE A MONGOLIAN BARBECUE

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Wait is Steins wife dead in flashpoint?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

No, Stein wasn't affected by Flashpoint. They're talking about what happened to the Original Harrison Wells when Thawne stole his identity. Thawne engineered a car crash as a cover story, stole the OG Wells' face and killed him, then killed his wife to silence the only other potential witness, claiming she died in the crash while he "survived".

My reading comprehension is bad :cripes:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Writh posted:

After the crossover I decided to give the next episode of this a shot, they last me really early in the first season, I gotta say I like season 2 so far, it is really fun. My wife and I lost our poo poo when Sara winked at the "corrupted women" of Salem.

That said, this season feels like it is leading to Thawne getting Gideon. But then something broke my brain in the last episode. The face swapper thing that he used to kill the real Wells being nonlethal when used on Stein. In order for this to make sense this has to be a younger Thawne than the one that was the villain of season 1 Flash, sooooo why did the face stealing thing kill Wells?

I guess it wouldn't be a thing if I'm just forgetting Thawne stealing real Well's face before vibrohanding him. But I'm pretty sure I remember the face thing turning wells into a dried out corpse.

Fun show though!

Thawne specifically said he'd modified it not to kill.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

This whole episode was 110% amazing. I nearly died when they were poking fun at Vandal Savage being a total non threat.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

lotus circle posted:

So are we all in agreement this is the best CW DC show right now? The show should get points alone for the dramatic improvement from s1 to s2.

They've all got their charms, and this year is a serious upgrade over the previous but yes, The Idiots of Tomorrow is now the show I look forward to the most.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Bruceski posted:

It's a time aberration. The show will fix it by the end of the third season.

Speaking of which, now that this show is completely amazing it should probably get a new thread for season 3

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Oh my god did I just watch that intro? This show just dialed it up to 11 Holy. poo poo.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Hughlander posted:

No it isn't... Roger Cross has yet to appear in it.

By the law of Canadian TV this will be rectified sooner or later.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I laughed when George learned the word Kaboom. I laughed again when Mick used himself as a bowling ball and knocked over a dozen redcoats. Yet again I laughed when the dude pointed the rifle at Mick. It was a good sequence. This was a good episode. This is a good show.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Roger Cross does not audition. Roger Cross does not do casting calls. Roger Cross shows up on set and the director yells ACTION

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

If I had the spear of destiny I would erase Trump from existence. The Legion of Doom is trying to save the entire world.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Atreiden posted:

I mean it's show about people traveling back in time and going on adventures with famous people, with a season plot involving a secret organisation that tries to control the world. So far I've enjoyed it a lot.

They end up using the same historical figures in the plot on the same week. The most recent was Al Capone and Untouchables jokes. Timeless is entertaining, not amazing though.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Right up until the end I thought Captain Sarah Lance, Time Lesbian was gonna fall short on this one but nope she bagged another one. Good job idiots.

Christ this show is so much fun.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Feb 22, 2017

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Elentor posted:

Friendly reminder that Captain Sarah Lance started out as the Green Arrow's dead lover who then became Black Canary.

I love this stupid show so much.

Who was then killed by Oliver's mind controlled sister only to later be revived by a Lazarus Pit and her soul restored by Constantine, a personal friend of the Green Arrow where they met on an isolated island in the South China Sea

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Licarn posted:

Most of the crew has something has something they could do with the spear.

Sarah could bring Laurel back to life
Jax could bring his father back to life
Stein could cement his daughter in reality so she's not an aberration
Mick could bring Snart back to life, and/or stop his family dying in the fire he started
Amya could bring Rex back to life
Ray could bring his fiancée back to life
Rip could bring his wife and daughter back to life turn his spaceship into a high-tech Real Doll

This won't even occur to them. They're idiots

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I think this is a pretty clear indicator that when Mick does the intro that it'll be a drat good episode

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Zebulon posted:

Oh my god the waverider is shrunken down as a desk model.

This.

loving.

Show.

I have no idea how they're gonna top this

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Al Borland Corp. posted:

At what point did the writers figure out how stupid these characters were and decide to make them stupid on purpose? Because man the show was so great this season when they decided to go full blown "Time Dummies"

I'm sorry I don't mean to be pedantic or anything but technically it's "Time Idiots"

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Season 3 deserves a new thread and OP when that time comes. Just sayin. I've been waiting for Captain Sara Lance, Time Lesbian and the Idiots of Tomorrow thread for a little while now.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

:stare:

Jesus Christ what have they done? Or maybe, what will they do?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Argue posted:

They should do an ep where they meet The Flintstones, in a loose adaptation of the recent Booster Gold crossover.

DC has a set of comics that crosses over Batman and the Ninja Turtles. Make it happen Legends :colbert:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Your tenses are wrong.

"What have will they might be do then?"

This sentence is causing my brain to just come to a screeching halt ever time I read it.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Any references to Sara must be her full title of Captain Sara Lance, Time Lesbian

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Kilson posted:

That's awesome. I loved his Crassus.

But I can't help but think they should've gotten Todd Lasance (Caesar from Spartacus) instead. :swoon:

He played The Rival at the beginning of S3. What we really need is Gannicus.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

One thing I love about the arrowverse is how its main casting pool is Spartacus. Where is John Hannah?

Somehow I don't think the CW can afford John Hannah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I hope there are some shenanigans that put Mick in a firefighter role

• Locked thread