Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

spooky like this! posted:

I'm wondering if pushing the Hourman flashback to this episode was just a cheap money saving measure. Since they killed him off it means they only have to pay him for the one episode.

I wonder why his last words were 'Time traveler' rather than 'Speedster in yellow' or something else that could help identify his killer. Also wonder how mechanical engineering genius Ray Palmer was able to re-synthesize a small amount of chemical serum to deliver a different and specific effect.

I really like the season so far, it's a lot of fun but nit-picking can send you down a wormhole you might never emerge from.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Oct 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
This episode was more cheesy than a stuffed crust pizza and I loved it.

Argue posted:

Freeze Ray Palmer
That's pretty good!. I expect Ray is going to tinker with the cold gun to enhance its capabilities.

WhyteRyce posted:

They left a burned out space vessel from the future in a field, burned down a plantation mansion and killed everyone who went to that party, and introduced General Grant and his troops to a zombie hoard with no ramifications to the future.

I'll take one Ray+Mick spin off heist movie please

The party was overrun with zombies; the Legends burned down the plantation and destroyed all the undead.
And Gen Grant's introduction to the zombie horde led to the popularization of Louisiana's voodoo subculture.:science:

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Nov 4, 2016

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

WhyteRyce posted:

Mick punching his radio and saying he hates the 80s was great

Also :lol: at the fact that some unexplained attack happen at the WH with unexplained weapons and they are all just "meh gently caress it no need to increase security or put a sketch of that one woman up"

Gideon, the talking computer on a vehicle which has traveled unimaginable timelines, said the meeting between Reagan and Gorbachev was the most heavily guarded in history.

Bad Moon posted:

They are nowhere near ready to be the level of responsible custodians of time that ar Bill S Preston Esquire and Ted Theodore Logan
If there's another season I hope to see the Legends try to repair an early 21st century aberration timeline in which the celebrity host of a reality show becomes president of the USA.

Then after their initial shock they realize that's not the aberration they need to fix.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
"Don't call us heroes, we are...brigands".

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Maxwell Lord posted:

Gunslingin' Sara is in the running for best Sara.

She even got Jonah Hex to smile.

howe_sam posted:

Why not just tear up the track?

Yeah I thought that too. But it was a badass visual.

And Flashpoint is coming.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

Did you draw your own superhero costume?
No, it's clearly Captain America.

I hope the new Atom suit looks more like the traditional comic book version. Also maybe Ray, formerly the head of a huge high tech corporation, should build in some biometric security measures so that it is not possible for any random person to put it on and operate. Just a thought.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Nov 18, 2016

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Rocksicles posted:

He's what.... a ton of solid Steel? vs 400 tons of forward momentum.
But it looked great. And I liked having Brandon Routh watch as Steel:
1. was faster than several speeding bullets
2. was more powerful than a locomotive.

And if you want to get into the physics of stuff, dwarf star material would be far too massive to be used as a bullet with plain old 1870s gunpowder. A teaspoon of white dwarf star is (theoretically) estimated to weigh ~ 5 tons.
And how would Turnbull work dwarf star material to pack it into a cartridge!

STAC Goat posted:

I assume rhino is more charging and tough hide because she was just barrelling through a crowd before the dynamite went off while gorilla is more brute strength and throwing people around when you're in a fight situation.

But also, there's probably only so many animal powers that are regularly useful. Once you find what works the rest is probably watching Animal Planet for ideas when you get bored.

"I wonder what would happen if I channel a bullet ant and bite someone..."
There was a brilliant run in Animal Man by (of course) Grant Morrison, that came to involve Rip Hunter and even included breaking the fourth wall. Rory (Dominic Purcell) is a great one to feature in that sort of weirdness.

Edit to add: I found Jonah Hex unintelligible at times. Listened twice and had no one idea the line was
Jonah: “You do a mighty fine job bearing a burden few men could deal with.”
To which Sara smirked: “Good thing I’m a woman then.”

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Nov 19, 2016

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

muscles like this! posted:

For some reason nobody ever actually thinks to combine superpowers in comic books/tv shows.

I do not think this is correct.
ps:

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 23, 2016

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Who is under Captain Krypton's leg - Howard the Duck + Duck Dodgers in the 24 1/2th Century?

ps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZanOprp7ls

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Nov 23, 2016

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
"Heroes vs Dominators" could be considered a spoiler.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

howe_sam posted:

It's weird that CW has chosen that tagline for the crossover when the production teams are all calling it Invasion!

With both Flash and LoT involved there was bound to be confused timelines on alternate Earths LOL. Yes, CW is throwing everything at this: Heroes vs. Aliens during The Dominators' Invasion.

I don't care what they call it, these 4 episodes are going to be comic-booky fun with movie-length running time.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
/\ Movie plot on a tv budget, waddaya gonna do.

nooneofconsequence posted:

lol ~power of the elephant~

does flippy kicks.

It's really a shame that power didn't allow her to plough through the horde, trample and knock them down.

But I did like the fights this episode.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

All you guys complaining about Cisco's motives for liking Barry again being thin, yesterday complaining about Cisco being an emo bitch, just be glad that particular plot thread was wrapped up in like 3 episodes instead of taking an entire season Felicity style.

I just wanted Smoak to tell Cisco the story about her bombing of Havenrock.

Inspector 34 posted:

I'm sure this has been covered, but I didn't want to read the entire thread. How come everybody is on board for time travel fuckery exactly 1 day after they were all treating Barry like a piece of poo poo for time travel fuckery?

Repairing time aberrations is what LoT do.

WhyteRyce posted:

Episode was great. Crossover was great. Mick is great. Sara eyeing the president was great. More great things please.
Yes let's hope all the series are renewed and there's another crossover event next year.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Dec 2, 2016

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

BreakAtmo posted:

Just a reminder, Supergirl's Earth has been officially designated Earth-38.

I also want a crossover.maybe one that's the reverse of this - Supergirl has a problem and Oliver and Barry travel over to help her. Less characters, so it could be more focused.

I'd like to see a crossover that can make use of more of the DC superheroes and lasts for more than 1 episode in each series.. eg, the Doom Patrol have become unstuck in the multiverse and are unexpectedly popping up in each series bringing chaos, confrontation and confusion along with them. All the various characters need to join forces to figure out what is causing that to happen and how to repair the cause of the anomalies.

Crisis would be amazing as a season-long arc for all the series but for me at least, it seems really complex to present on television - and an Earth overcrowded with metas and aliens.. OTOH unifying all the shows into 1 universe could result in us having a DCTV version of the Justice League or Justice League Dark as a series with a core group of other characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Ah finally I get to fulfill my destiny

• Locked thread