Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

So this is basically Rory's solo adventures after the Doctor left him for dead, right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

"Why did we become criminals?"

"Because we love breaking out of prison."

I guess we can also consider this the continuing adventures of Prison Break, since this is only a logical continuation.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Lgnds To Tomorrow

I hope thread titles are editable, because drat dude.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Maxwell Lord posted:

IT IS THE SEVENTIES!

You can tell by the sepia filter and the greatest hits of the '70s blaring everywhere they go!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Mooseontheloose posted:

I am ok with Sarah, Snart, and Heatwave getting into bar fights through time.

Yeah, as long as this show winds up being the dumb, entertaining alternative to all the sulking and brooding in Flash and Arrow it's all right with me.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

My favorite part of the episode was the reveal that Rory just got the most convenient people he could find and lied to them to make them feel special. It could only be better if it turned out they weren't the first group he'd given that spiel to and sent to their time-forgotten deaths.

Toxxupation posted:

if youre really into arthur darvill and specifically arthur darvill as rory williams on that other bad time-travelling sci-fi show how appealing is this show

How do you feel about Rory as The Doctor and a bunch of b-squad superheroes and villains as his companions?

Xelkelvos posted:

The Hawks are also the only pair that could have any sort of romantic relationship drama so they're on even more thin ice of being the worst of the team.

Especially because they have absolutely zero chemistry together or screen presence in general. Their suits also make them look like dime-store Wolverines in action.

raditts fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 23, 2016

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

FemHawk.

Hawkess.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Either version of Hawk and Dove would be great. Actually, this show does lend itself well to single episode heroes and villains. Depends on how much they want to spend on effects and such.

Only if they get the Arnold brothers back together to play them in live action. I'd settle for just the Savage brothers if they can't swing that.

What happened to their feet?

raditts fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jan 26, 2016

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

BrianWilly posted:

This is seriously the best use of all these characters.

I mean except the Hawks but hey

Well Carter is dead so best use of him as well.

How convenient that they are stuck in 1975 though. Legends of 40 Years Ago.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

greatn posted:

How will Iron Man who can also shrink, a guy with the power to throw nuclear fire and fly, a guy with a gun that can lower temperatures to sub zero (although now it seems to just fire a blue laser and nothing freezes), and a guy with a gun that can fire beams of "absolute hot" possibly defeat a guy who can throw knives real good?

Well you see, a microchip and a wire might fall off of Iron Man Who Can Also Shrink's robot suit for some reason, and Knifey Throwy will be able to reverse engineer that into a doomsday weapon somehow.

BrianWilly posted:

Yeah I gotta be honest, I'm still not buying Savage as any credible threat and I'm not crazy about the hoops they have to jump through to make sure the team doesn't just obliterate him on a continual basis.

Heck, he would've just flat-out died and the series would've been over this week if Hawkgirl had been the one to use the knife in the first place, instead of Hawkman. The fact that he's still around to gloat about with that lovely accent and haircut came down to pure luck.

It's too bad she had to stand 30 feet away slack-jawed while that whole thing went down instead of loving helping fight the bad guy.

raditts fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jan 29, 2016

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I dont know posted:

This is my hope. Now that Hawkman is gone (hopefully for good), Savage is the weakest part of the show. He doesn't come across as menacing or interesting. His entire performance just doesn't work. Having Darhk cameo just underscored how much better of villain Arrow has compared to LOT.

Speaking of, is Darhk also immortal or have a lazarus pit of his own or something, because why else would he have not aged in 40 years?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Xealot posted:

Though, Matt Ryan is in his thirties. In 2016. The main possibility is that DCTV Constantine is between the ages of 1 and 9 in the 1980's.

Yes, the actors' ages are definitely a legitimate obstacle in a TV show with time travel, magic, and multiple immortals. Especially when it crosses over with another show with magic and immortals.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Andrew_1985 posted:

I know, right!?

Meanwhile, Hawkman was creepy AF, but I have to admit he was kinda hot without a shirt.

I don't watch Arrow/Flash, but Wentworth Miller's fantastic.

Dominic Purcell is too. But between this show / Flash and that one yogurt commercial, I wonder how much he is actually acting as opposed to just being himself.

Ither posted:

I'll echo some people here. This show's Vandal Savage isn't a credible threat.

Yea, he killed Hawkman (Yay!), but that was only due to the most extreme plot induced stupidity.

Yeah, but he can throw knives

like real fast

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

His only abilities demonstrated thus far are "throws knives real fast" and "plot armor"

A little show-don't-tell would go a long way as far as making the viewer give a solitary poo poo about him

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Party Plane Jones posted:

Seriously. The fate of what's left of the world versus your super creepy eternal gently caress buddy.

Her creepy eternal gently caress buddy that will have another life eventually where he can remember you and you can be happy or whatever.

I knew that goddamn horseshit was coming and it still didn't stop me from yelling "Oh gently caress YOU" at the TV when it happened.

This show is so loving stupid.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Thank god. Maybe Kendra will just decide to bash in Savage's head and the last 2 eps will be them celebrating through time.

No, he'll ~*~regain his memories~*~ just in time to loving die again, then she'll kill Savage.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Sereri posted:

Just goddamn kidnap Savage as a baby.

Savage has hosed poo poo up throughout time, so why don't the time lords masters just send their Pilgrim lady to kill [i]him[/i[ as a child?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

People should just stay away from The Flash because it's bad.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

enraged_camel posted:

Ray is likable, but both he and Kendra are being dragged down by the horrendous and creepy romance plot that's unfortunately central to the story.

What is it with all these shows and vanishing into a shithole of lame boring relationship drama anyway? Arrow did it and it loving sucked, Flash did it and it loving sucked, LOT is doing it and it loving sucks. When will they learn?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Rhyno posted:

The same people do not write every CW show.

The DC shows share some staff though, don't they?
e: The superhero ones in the shared universe I mean.

raditts fucked around with this message at 15:13 on May 1, 2016

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Robot Hobo posted:

Also, assuming it's even true that Savage did something to Carter's mind, why would anyone possibly believe that only he can fix it? Yeah, Savage says so, but what does he know?

Well, he's immortal and can throw knives pretty good, so we should take him on his word that he has mind-bending powers because

uh

hmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

nooneofconsequence posted:

If time worked that way why do we need Time Masters in the first place!

To act smug about it and be assholes I guess.

• Locked thread