Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

shades of eternity posted:

Legends of Tomarrow - "I love roasting Nazi's" :D

Seconding this one. Dominic Purcell is the MVP of this show two years in a row.

:flame:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

I got bored of this show last season and skipped the last few episodes - what happened to snart and the hawks?

Spoilers for the end of season 1:

Snart sacrificed himself by sticking him face in some sort of temporal bomb so he could go star in that Prison Break revival Fox is doing this year save Mick, Ray and the rest of the team and kill all the Time Masters in a single blow. He's still "alive" in the past, but his death is a Fixed Point now or something. That said, Wentworth Miller signed the same special contract that John Barrowman has that allows him to pop up on Legends/Flash/Arrow/Supergirl(?) whenever he's needed without having to factor in guest pay, so we have definitely not seen the last of Captain Cold.

As for the Hawks, eh they kind of just hosed off to go be boring together after the team triple-deluxe killed Vandal Savage. Doubtful they'll be back. They're being swapped out for Citizen Steel and Vixen...'s grandmother, both of whom were introduced in tonight's episode

Which is kind of a shame because I thought Hawkgirl was perfectly fine... when she was as far divorced from the Hawkman/Vandal Savage/reincarnation bullshit plot as possible. But apparently it was always the show's intention to have a revolving cast between seasons. Basically don't get overly attached to anyone who isn't Brandon Routh and/or Victor Garber.

E: Seriously, you probably should watch at least the last 4 episodes of the season. The final arc is really good and it actually manages to salvage Savage into a halfway decent Arrowverse villain.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Oct 14, 2016

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
What about Ray Palmer: Time Heterosexual? Eh? Eh? :heysexy:

Brandon Routh needs more love.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

The Time Lesbian Strikes Again! :j:

The best part is Thawne fuckin' around with history:

Thawne: "BARRY YOU CAN'T JUST CHANGE TIME YOU'RE BAD AT IT"
Barry: "Fine kill my mom w/e"

*runs back through the time stream immediately afterwards*

Thawne: "hey Dahrk look what I did, I got the Nazis to bomb New York! Pretty rad huh"

He's just such a smug amoral dick. :allears:

They really did score a casting coup with Matt Letscher in that he's able to protray Thawne as the exact same kind of smug rear end in a top hat that Tom Cavanagh did in Season 1 Flash to the point where you really feel like it's the same person :allears:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tiggum posted:

Pity Stein is the worst remaining character by a long way.

Victor Garber has the most star power of the bunch outside of Routh. So Stein is probably gonna be around until Garber decides he's done with the show barring the writers coming to a natural stopping point for Stein's role on the show on their own.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
DC's Legends of Tomorrow - Time travel as an excuse to punch Nazis

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

My favorite part of this show is how the team themselves acknowledges that they're all horrible fuckups. :allears:

Seriously, between 25th century technology and being a polymath, Eobard can clown on these guys all day long.

To be fair, between Flash and Legends, who hasn't Eobard clowned at least once? The answer is Oliver. Oliver kind of kicked the poo poo out of him the one time they met...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I really hope Mick's thing this year is "I love roasting [insert infinite regression of historical boogeymen here]!"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

spooky like this! posted:

I'm kind of disappointed that they're just going back to him only using the heat gun and kind of ignoring the Kronos stuff.

Plus, Mick was able to just hop in the captain's chair and pilot the Waverider without issue. The only other (non-Rip) person who's been able to do that so far is Sara. So there's probably some residual Kronos in there somewhere.

Mick just went back to the heat gun because, well, he loves roasting people :haw:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Hell yeah, new thread title! :woop:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
:eng101:: Mr. Rory, put that gun away! The Great Library of Alexandria was the greatest collection of human knowledge and culture since... since... well... since ever!
:flame:: NOT ANY MORE, DOC!
:eng99:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

WhyteRyce posted:

They left a burned out space vessel from the future in a field, burned down a plantation mansion and killed everyone who went to that party, and introduced General Grant and his troops to a zombie hoard with no ramifications to the future.

I'll take one Ray+Mick spin off heist movie please

I would be prefectly happy if the team never faces any consequences for them ruining time everywhere they go. Especially after Flash spending literally weeks making GBS threads on Barry for Flashpoint. It just makes it all the funnier :allears:

I do hope Ray gets the ATOM suit back eventually, though. It was pretty cool and Brandon Routh really did knock that "TV Budget Discount Tony Stark" thing out of the park when he was wearing it. Like, it doesn't need to come back full time (because I imagine its crazy expensive even without CGI, and uncomfortable as gently caress to actually wear and act in), but maybe just for special occasions.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BSam posted:

For this show that's fine. Two episodes ago some of the characters fell out of the time ship so they all went on a trip to feudal japan to find them. Much better than every episode having to follow Randy Savage around and not quite beat him in a different place each week.

Yeah. If they had like a season ending mini arc already written or drafted out, then that just gets pushed back and a couple more episodic shows get added in with little issue. Though I wonder why Legends is only getting half-season orders instead of full ones like Arrow and Flash get. It pulls in similar ratings, doesn't it? Is it because it's the most expensive of the Arrowverse shows?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

I really want to see that bit at the end but with Thawne running at regular human speed. Just running in circles around a dude in a plastic ball.

That's gotta be on the blooper reel this year. It's gotta.

Also gently caress yeah, this episode ruled. This show just keeps getting better and better. Also double gently caress yeah, Surprise Lance Henriksen and Kenny Loggins! What a night :flashfap:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

Gideon gives no poo poo. I don't even think she's a computer. It's a Wizard of OZ deal. Except when they pull back the curtain there's some chick with a bunch of edibles just hastily summarizing Wikipedia pages for them

It would not surprise me if they pull an EDI and just give Gideon a body eventually, if only to have Amy Pemberton actually show up on camera.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Stunt Rock posted:

Season 2 of this show has been an immeasurable improvement.

I dunno. This season's had 100% less Captain Cold in it than last year. So I wouldn't call it a complete improvement :v:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

8one6 posted:

No, but Bride of Stein drama is cheaper than the Firestorm effect, so maybe we'll get a really kick rear end fight during the crossover to make up for it.

The promos suggest we're gonna be getting some decent Firestorm action for Legend's quarter of the crossover. The synopsis also implies that they're gonna sew up the Bride of Stein drama in that same episode. I really hope it's just a matter of Stein goes back to 87, finds his younger self having an affair, and proceeds to kick his own rear end for being a horndog--bam, timeline restored.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rocksicles posted:

Hahahah, "Guys, you go stop the train from loving up the pass." "hey dudes, i stopped the train by loving up half a mile of track."

Half a mile of track in the middle of a forest, at ground level, miles away from the pass, that can easily be repaired. Turnbull was gonna blow up an entire mountain. That'd be a little harder to fix.

But yeah, that is really dumb that sealing off one canyon supposedly cut the entire US army off from Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada and Idaho :doh:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Judging from the previews for the crossover episodes, it's basically going to be the exact same suit as the first one.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hollismason posted:

It's weird because they legit give no fucks about killing people in the past and how that affects their futures.

Just once I'd like to see Heatwave burn someone alive and then he slowly starts disappearing BtF style.

I'm reminded of that scene from Looper where the other older assassin thinks he's safe because he outwitted his younger self, and then goes into a panic attack as new scars he never had before start appearing on him, then suddenly whole appendages start disappearing as its implied the Time Mob is just torturing his younger self to death before he finally disappears all together.

Man, that was a hosed up scene.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

Yeah but why is that bad?

Because that Dominator went back to his people and went "yeah, Earth is a loving Metahuman nightmare, everyone follow me because I'm going to blow it out of the stars." When "originally", the Dominators would have just left Earth to its lonesome after the skirmish in Oregon. Cisco caused Invasion to happen.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Again, let's just take one more moment to appreciate the sad reality that even with super powers, time travel, aliens, and future tech, a woman being the President of the United States remains the most unrealistic thing seen over the course of this crossover :smith:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
If the CWverse has taught me anything, it's that I need to buy an abandoned warehouse in Vancouver and then lease it to Greg Berlanti. I would make a loving killing.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Well, they've got a pretty strong follow up lined up for next week. More fun time travel shenanigans to beat up Al Capone and his new best friends, Reverse Flash, Damien Dahrk, Captain Cold and Malcolm Merlyn, if the synopses and spoilers are right. So hopefully that entices some of the crossover audience to stick around. We'll see.

Still, that's drat good news for Legends.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

lotus circle posted:

Honestly I would watch a whole show just about Eobard, Darhk and Malcolm being assholes across the timeline.

:agreed:

Kinda sad that Snart turned out to just be Mick's PTSD acting up. I wonder if we're ever gonna see the real Snart again, or are they actually going to stick to their guns on the "Captain Cold is dead and not coming back" thing?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
God, yeah. Matt Letscher just seems to be having a ton of fun playing Eobard. He's really hit the jackpot for a guy who was brought on to be a one-and-done backstory character.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Licarn posted:

Since Lily was one of the few characters that did anything useful to stop the Invasion, wouldn't fixing the aberration and erasing her from the timeline change the outcome.

Probably. But seeing as how she's been bumped up to recurring character status in the back half of the season, I don't think she's going to be getting erased from existence any time soon. This also means we're probably going to be treated to some choice moments of Stein being increasingly mortified as everyone but Amaya hits on his daughter at one point or another.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

What if Eobard also had a gun? My god he could be unstoppable.

Knowing Eobard. He would threaten someone with the gun, shoot said gun, and then run ahead of the bullets and speed-punch whoever he shot at so they go flying violently across the room and have more damage done to them than if the bullets hit them anyway.

Because Eobard is a dick like that.

e: also, I cannot wait to see how pissed Stein gets when he realizes they've been dealing with the Reverse Flash this whole time. That is going to be amazing. Because if there's one thing Alias taught me it's that Victor Garber does smouldering, murderous anger really drat well :allears:

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Dec 11, 2016

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gonz posted:

Garber says he hopes they never do a Titanic episode, but I hope they do.

I hope they do. :getin:

:v: Yo, Gray! That dude totally looks like you!
:what: That 'dude' is Thomas Andrews, the designer of the Titanic, and no he does not, Jefferson!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Wait is Steins wife dead in flashpoint?

No, Stein wasn't affected by Flashpoint. They're talking about what happened to the Original Harrison Wells when Thawne stole his identity. Thawne engineered a car crash as a cover story, stole the OG Wells' face and killed him, then killed his wife to silence the only other potential witness, claiming she died in the crash while he "survived".

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The best part about that gif is that it's the John Wesley Shipp version of the Flash in it. And it works so well for modern Flash too because Jay seems like he would be the one person who would just straight up say "It's the Speedforce, Barry. I ain't gotta explain poo poo" if he could get away with it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I'm so happy that the CW loves this crazy, stupid, amazing show just as much as I do :allears:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
PSA: Legends of Tomorrow starts in its new timeslot tonight after The Flash!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BSam posted:

MCU connection confirmed!

Beaten by one day, I'm afraid. Winn was sporting a barely covered up Captain America shield shirt on Supergirl this week.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I just assumed we weren't really supposed to care about the how and why of it because Matt Letscher is awesome and the Arrowverse is a better place with him in it as Thawne :shrug:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

It took a couple of loops for me to realise that was an updated version of the original SPEEDFORCE gif with Grant Gustin swapped in for John Wesley Shipp :allears:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I'm just going to assume that Malcolm couldn't bring himself to actually kill George Lucas, so he intentionally whiffed every shot. I got nothing for Darhk tho :shrug:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I'm not going to lie, even back in season 1, Legends was my favorite of the Arrowverse shows. I had an unwarranted soft spot for it. So I'm just beyond happy that it's actually grown into something worthy of my love for it instead of just being a guilty pleasure.

This is a show about a collection of people who all detest one another in the most beautifully charismatic way possible, and some times they time travel :allears:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
God, can we just get Wentworth Miller back on the show full time now, please? He's the last piece this show needs to be be 100% perfect. That and never letting Vandal Savage and Hawkman on it ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Now that I've had a few hours to think about it, I'm a little miffed that we didn't get a shot of Malcom, Darhk, and Rip all crammed in the one-seater Time Pod traveling to 2025. That would have just been the cherry on top for the villain comedy of this episode.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Feb 1, 2017

• Locked thread