Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Thank you Amazon Prime Starz add-on for allowing me to binge watch season 1 and 2, plus the start of 3. I've enjoyed Black Sails so much that I'm going to keep Starz until it goes off (first time I've watched Starz since Spartacus).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Rocksicles posted:

This show can do no wrong...

It does lack lately the funny stuff like Tits, Tits, Fruit, Fruit and the hilarious gently caress Tent caper.

As someone who just recently watched the first 2 seasons, and is caught up on season 3, I am surprised by the lack of sex/nudity on this show given it's reputation. It doesn't even touch what a crazy orgy Spartacus was at times, but in all fairness nothing really does.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Jst0rm posted:

A movie you mentioned...

I am excited about this movie, because I really enjoyed the director's last two movies, especially The Guest.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

IRQ posted:

The only ones that speak english are the Sea Shepherds and they don't let you have swords or anything cool, just ram impoverished fishermen and annoy the japanese. Also no booze or meat on the boat.

But good chance you can get laid at sea on the Sea Shepherd as long as you don't mind natural deodorant.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I hope they get into some of the Outerbanks stuff. Blackbeard's homebase at the end was Ocracoke Island, and the island is famous for what is rumored the largest pirate party ever. It was hosted by Blackbeard, and both Vane and Rackham were in attendance. If you are in the states, and you have a real interest in pirates, OBX is an awesome place to visit (actually it is for many reasons).

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
After asking if they would go to the Outerbanks last week, it was nice to see they do go to Ocracoke Island this week. I was hoping we would get that 'biggest pirate party of all-time' since Flint showed up, but no luck.

meristem posted:

That post was mostly a result of my sudden reflection, 'why am I watching a show about pirates going through romances, daddy issues and pondering their lifetime legacy? Where's the rum?'

I know this is what I call a bubble gum show (I am not expecting Mad Men here, just something on or above Vikings level), but good chance I wouldn't like it without the daddy issues, romances, and legacy stuff. Honestly the only complaint I've had about this season so far was keeping Flint away from Nassau for so long.

Also I'm try to convince all my metal head friends pirates are cool than vikings. Better weather (outside of hurricanes), better drink, better parties, and none of that Odin religious stuff. Only bad thing about pirates is the short life span.

Edit: Also I would have to say most of the acting is pretty stellar on this show, which puts it above Vikings in quality.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Feb 29, 2016

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Babe Magnet posted:

you're trying to convince them pirates are cooler by saying that the pirates have nice, pleasant, non-challenging weather and that they don't support giant wolves eating everything and huge world-spanning trees and the ultimate party-fight afterlife Valhalla???

Maybe if I could actually pretend Valhalla was real I could get on board, but give me the beach and rum over that cold crap (now in video games give me Skyrim, because I hate Assassin Creed games).

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Immortan posted:

Eleanor has such a sweet rear end.

My wife said, not me but I agree, she should of kept the stockings on.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

prak posted:

That's crazy; do you have any idea how expensive that poo poo would have been?! (Just wearing them in that climate. :retrogames:)

Ha never thought of that, but good point.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Solice Kirsk posted:

Island Princess is going to be Silver's wife. And I'm kinda hoping that Max dies in the next episode because she is boring and now is unimportant as well.

I was able to handle her the first season, but since it has been awful. The pacing of speech is like something out of a high school play. I am sure she is fine actress, but as Max, I think she is miscast (also the writing is to blame). I groan every time she is on screen now.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
If Guthrie does another stocking scene next season, I am perfectly ok with her sticking around for a little bit longer.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Tighclops posted:

Yeah that was the craziest poo poo I've seen on television since BSG's atmo drop

One of my favorite 'oh poo poo' moments ever.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I'm not going to lie I did google 'Hannah New Nude stockings'. While plenty of pics of her, but none from that exact shot.

You know what I ended up seeing? Hannah Horvath aka Lena Dunham nude. That's quite a difference there internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

MiddleOne posted:

Considering that Spartacus did the same and went out on what I feel is arguably the best series finale of any show I have ever seen I'm not exactly bummed by these news.

It was pretty good, but Six Feet Under will always hold the title for best series finale and that is just for the last 5 minutes.

• Locked thread