Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Deakul posted:

Ray Stevenson as Edward is loving inspired casting. :allears:

It's awesome getting Ray Stevenson back in a big budget TV show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Billy Bones has more guns than a pirate ship

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ruddiger posted:

Fortunately for us her titties enunciate perfectly.

I just turn off the sound when she is talking

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

On a somewhat random note Zach McGowan is also in the newest season of The 100.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

That show got a second season? I quit it after the first episode

Give it another shot, the first two season are up on the Netflix.

It seems like the standard YA plot setup in the pilot episode but the show goes in some good directions at a breakneck plot pace.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

i guess huffing sails and hanging on for dear life, explains Billy forearms. That looked like hard loving work.

A fun fact is the show creators let the actors devise workout for their characters based on their back stories.

For Tom Hopper he saw his character as a guy who spent the whole day climbing up and down the rigging, hence having the whole massive guns.

etalian fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 31, 2016

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I liked how everyone's theory back in S1 about Bill Bones surviving getting bumped off the boat thanks to his huge guns, ending up happening in the story.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lord Tywin posted:

Ray Stevenson is the best, I just hope that they don't kill him off at the end of the season.

Blackbeard already had a appearance in season 1.

Also the whole practical and special FX for the recent episode rocked, almost got seasick watching that episode

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SaltLick posted:

Was it a goon that worked on sound for the show? Mad props because those storm scenes were absolutely wicked. The growl of the sea was awesome

Check the video near the bottom of the review:
http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/black-sails/252443/black-sails-xx-review

It's a great making of video for how they did the practical effects behind the storm episode.

They ended up building two new practical sets just for the storm episode.

etalian fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Feb 3, 2016

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rad Gravity posted:

You'd raise the black flag when closing on your intended victim to let them know you were a pirate and they should really, really surrender now. If they decided to fight anyway, you might raise the red flag instead, and no quarter would be given even to crew who tried to surrender after that point. Obviously, many ships would rather surrender while the black was flying than risk a fight to the death with hardened criminals.

Of course, if you slaughtered crews under the black flag, your victims couldn't know what to expect of you and would therefore be smarter to resist you after all.

Pirates alway preferred getting people to surrender since it was their main way to get replacement crew and also badly needed supplies.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

This show can do no wrong...

It does lack lately the funny stuff like Tits, Tits, Fruit, Fruit and the hilarious gently caress Tent caper.

You know the Blackbeard scene was the best joke in S1.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jerkface posted:

Dude all the sounds in the show rule. The guns especially always sound loving awesome.

The show makes me sad I don't have a surround sound setup at my place.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

are there still pirates around cause i kinda wanna get into this lifestyle

Well a single Somali pirate attack can easily bring in a few million dollars in ransom payments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

Or you know the fact they can pay someone who can tell them exactly what exercises to do and how to do it. Then go home and have a chef make exactly the food they need to eat. I mean gently caress.. half the battle IMO of working out is eating the right stuff and doing the right exercises. Which is a giant pain in the rear end to do on your own if you're interests lie elsewhere or you have something making it harder then normal to do properly(like type 1 diabetes for me).

The Spartacus dudes had a special gladiator camp with a few hours of workouts each day and the results were pretty amazing.

Actor Simon Merrells flunked out the basic fitness test at the beginning such as not being able to do a single pullup but got into great shape as a result of the show.

• Locked thread