Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

It occurs to me that the Vita might be the platform with the most MGS titles. MGS 1 and VR missions, 2 and 3 in HD, Portable Ops, Portable Ops Plus, Peace Walker.

Dat's a lotta Kojima.

MG1 and 2 are also present in MGS3HD. Snake’s Revenge (blech), Ghost Babel, the phone game, 4 and both halves of 5 are all you’re missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Try another cord. Sometimes things are a little out of spec and it’s a cheap fix, plus you probably have a bunch laying around anyway.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fata Morgana is still forty bucks.

lol

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Midjack posted:

Fata Morgana is still forty bucks.

lol

Still forty bones. Come on guys, discount games on your dead handheld.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dehry posted:

Maybe partnering with AT&T for a 3G version sold as a phone that then flooded the secondhand market wasn't a good thing when trying to make NEW sales.

The ATT partnership was definitely a mistake. The 3G thing in general seemed like it didn’t have a plan behind it, they just stuck it in there and thought a killer app would emerge. It didn’t, everyone was buying smartphones anyway by then so unsurprisingly nobody wanted to pay extra for the data modem on a game console.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Rinkles posted:

It's memory cards, or the Vita's real price that did the system in, imo. It was probably always gonna be too expensive to be viable.

That and lackluster 1st party support.

Vita had weird decisions like the memory cards that were direct responses to the insane piracy of the PSP that also made it less pleasant than it could have been.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is there any way to get a trigger grip for a Vita Slim in 2020 at non-scalper prices?

Check AliExpress or something but the vita is long out of production so practically nobody is making stuff for it anymore.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BisterdDave posted:

I've been reviewing the hacking process for my slim model running 3.73, and I was wondering, should I leave my current official 64gb memory card out of the system while I perform the full hack and firmware downgrade, or is it safe to leave it in throughout the whole process?

As a rule I remove all unnecessary storage from a device when I'm firmware flashing it and that goes double for stanky hacks off the internet.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The web store sucks anyway and I refuse to believe that there are any vitas left on earth that aren’t hacked

Neither of mine are.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Necrothatcher posted:

Can you copy screenshots off a Vita without using that weird proprietary content manager thing?

PS3 if you have one.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Necrothatcher posted:

Should I play Gravity Rush on Vita or PS4?

PS4. The touch controls on the Vita were irritating and blessedly gone for the PS4 port and GR2.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Vita is ARM. Cortex A9. So emulate it on a new Macintosh. :twisted:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

i tried it with a rubber band and got nowhere just kept spinning around. the psvsd guide said the screws strip really easily i guess they werent kidding

Sony used lead screws in everything from that era, it was common to shred one of the ps3's hard drive sled screws if you tried to change that out.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Rated PG-34 posted:

God forbid you need vid card however

This was why I made the deliberate choice to step off the pc gaming hardware treadmill in 2000 and go with consoles.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The vita was great; the market had moved on.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Gundam Seed Battle Destiny was fun if you're okay with Seed. Shin Musou was a good time too.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

In Training posted:

Remember the 3G Model Vita, brought to you by AT&T.

Still have my day 1 purchased, lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Walla posted:

What would you do with Android on the Vita? Play games obviously, but I'd rather see more Android games ported like we got with Max Payne and Bully.

Speaking of, has anyone tried out the Crazy Taxi port? I'm curious to try it out.

Google Maps lol