Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Policenaut posted:

Everyone who posts in this thread is bad. Also Gundam Extreme VS Force might be fun.

You did a great job and I'm sad it was ruined. But here's to the Vita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Baal posted:

I'm playing PE2 now as my Vita game and I forgot that this game is not fun

I picked this up for a dollar half a year ago and still haven't launched it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Endorph posted:

my favorite games of all time are all gigantic unfinished messes

Mines Metal Gear Solid 3 or Bloodborne.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll probably get Necrodancer on Vita if people say it runs well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Really Pants posted:

let he who does not like a bad game, cast the first stone

There's no game I have enjoyed that I would call bad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

Will 4GB be enough though for YSVII, firmware updates, and possibly one other game?

Yeah, VII is a PSP game so it probably just a couple hundred megabytes or something

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

VR is 100% going to be a trainwreck right or do I just have a poor understanding of the video game industry

Nobody is going to buy it because it costs too much but I think some corporate sectors like medical professionals and real estate agents will be ecstatic if it works well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Slur posted:

This is by far the most depressing thing I've seen in 2016.

Turn your monitor on.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The 4th party member you get in Trails in the Sky's overcharge move is OP.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lets hang out posted:

⌒゚(σ_σ)゚⌒

I'm chapter 2 of FC and I'm still loving it even I'm tackling the game at a glacial pace

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Okay thanks!

Now to start researching what other Vita games I might want to get down the road. Currently my list is made up pretty much entirely of Falcom games

That's pretty much it, except good ports/remakes of already good games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh there's also great rhythm games, if you're into that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

bloodychill posted:

I'm sick of anime best girl chat and "what is epitasis watching on crunchy roll right now" soliloquies.

I agree.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't mind people having discussions that aren't totally on-topic all the time, but I shouldn't have to babysit this thread to keep it from turning into crew chat. So we've got a couple choices:

- I can gas this.

- I can rename this ANIME GAMES CHAT THREAD and move it to CCCC and let Ralp gas it.

- Y'all can post better, in the manner of posting less bad.

[in exasperated substitute teacher voice] Now won't that be fun? Can we do that for just a little while, huh guys?

Thank you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hour 14 of Trails in the Sky First Chapter and I'm hanging out at the docks looking for sailors.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

Wow. A simultaneous release on the PSP was still a thing until two years ago, but I haven't seen any since. It may be the last PSP retail game.

They were still releasing annual FIFA games on PS2 until 2014. People still develop for dead rear end systems for long, long times

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ys VII is a lot of fun. The final boss is cool as hell

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

No but I don't think I've ever played a Vita game online (the only one I can even think of is Killzone)

You can upload messages in Persona 4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Takoluka posted:

FF6 isn't that great, though.

Buh!?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wish I had a wife who would import Japanese only vita games for me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rinkles posted:

Lot of praise for this game. What's the hook?

It's a fun arcade game. You have gun boots and jump/shoot are the same button (think a game built around the Cave Story machine gun float, if you've played that). You continuously fall down a well and have to shoot or avoid different enemy types as you fall further and further. It's got some Roguelike style item rooms to change your guns, a shop and perk choices every few levels. It's quite fun and would work great on a Vita.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

voltcatfish posted:

why are there no good roguelikes/lites on the vita anyway

?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only bad thing about Isaac on vita is that there hasn't been even the slightest tease that the expansion is coming out for it and they've already started work on another expansion, so I eventually swapped to PC and started over from scratch.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Afterbirth is a ton of fun too. Shame about the Vita version, wonder if they'll try to do a PS4 version.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He has his arm over her shoulders in a group hug fashion. Calm down

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ys VIII is one of my most anticipated games this year.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm glad with the jump to next gen their game still looks like an uprezzed PSP game. I love you Falcom

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

For sure, looking at those pictures again it's more akin to an HD re-release of a PS2 game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mithaldu posted:

If the gameplay, story and VAs are good, i couldn't give less of a drat if they had World of Warcraft level polygon counts.

Same. All the Ys games control great and move at a blistering speed, which probably benefits from the cleaner and simpler styles they utilize. I love Ys!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

It's changed around as the games have gotten remade and such. He gets shipwrecked in the Eternal/Complete remakes for Ys I on the PC but just arrives normally in the original Ys I, I think he got shipwrecked in one of the original Ys IVs before Celceta, and then finally of course he gets shipwrecked in Ys VI. So yeah it's a bit of a meme for the franchise that doesn't happen quite as often as the jokes for it would suggest.

I recently played VII and its not a shipwreck but he does just randomly show up on a boat.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Endorph posted:

that's a subjective opinion tho and idk i really dislike the 'you cant criticize translation ever' school of thought

The English release of The Grandmaster has a completely different script than what actually happens in that movie and it's really hosed up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stux posted:

only girls and only between those ages? because im pretty sure nearly everyone i know younger than like 50 at this point uses like in that way. its extremely common and a really weird thing for anyone to get worked up about in the year 2016

I even use it when typing, I've noticed recently, which is kind of bizarre if you think about it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I use got 'em and y'all in texts all the time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mithaldu posted:

What the heck? Any idea why?

The King's balls are too drat big to fit on a tiny handheld. Blow it out your rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Where's Primal Rage 2, Atari?!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the puzzles in VLR more but 999 had a better story.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Has there been any word on Exist Archive getting localized.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Christ.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

If we get CG2 and not Exist Archive I'm throwing my Vita in the bin

Same here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't think of any show that got cancelled because of low DVD sales mid season or something.