Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome
Why does America get 128 page art book for Grand Kingdom but EU gets a lame 32 page one. And NIS America is no longer shipping to PAL countries. Lame. Hoping Play-Asia or some other online store will have them

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Chicks dig Metal Greymons?

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated
Uppers looks like the Kenka Bancho game we deserve! The released combat videos look great. That's one game that I will import if there is no localization announcement. I am still bitter about the 3DS version not being brought over :(.

For digimon, grabbed it but haven't had a chance to play it. What about reddit posts that there are issues with voiceovers in later chapters as well as the missing DLC questline?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Now announce the metal slime hardware for America please.

oblomov posted:

Uppers looks like the Kenka Bancho game we deserve! The released combat videos look great. That's one game that I will import if there is no localization announcement. I am still bitter about the 3DS version not being brought over :(.

But can I waste time dating girls instead of fighting? Is there even a pompadour meter?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sony says the Vita network issue has been fixed and was unrelated to the update, and to contact them if the battery issue persists.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Takoluka posted:

Sony says the Vita network issue has been fixed and was unrelated to the update, and to contact them if the battery issue persists.

Got a link to that?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mithaldu posted:

Got a link to that?

Unfortunately, a Kotaku link: http://kotaku.com/sony-says-theyve-fixed-the-vitas-network-problem-1756875403

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Wow, grade A customer communication from Sony there. Thanks for the link in any case. :)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Eh, they're reporting straight from the horse's mouth so it's not so bad.

I wonder why it affected some Vitas and not others - mine was fine, and they seem to suggest in their request for contact that it isn't something they can easily figure out who will and won't be affected.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Yeah, I had concerns about mine, especially since I've been using it exclusively for Remote Play since my 8GB card died. Even with heavy usage on that front, my Vita battery life may have actually *improved* since switching back from my JP account. I did get the firmware update while my Vita was connected to the JP side of PSN; I don't imagine that matters a lot, but I wonder if Japan is experiencing the same Vita issue, or if it's an NA/EU-exclusive problem?

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated
To be fair I haven't had any store issues for the last few days whatsoever. I did perform a DB rebuild though. I am still experiencing certain battery issues with a game running in background in sleep mode.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Light Gun Man posted:

Now announce the metal slime hardware for America please.

But can I waste time dating girls instead of fighting? Is there even a pompadour meter?

Isn't there that whole girl supporting mechanic? Not sure about pompadours but hey, this is as good as its going to get since Kenka Bancho 6 tanked in Japan on 3DS. Personally I think they picked the wrong platform for that game.

Edit: I am also bitter that 3DS is not region free. Thanks Reggie!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

oblomov posted:

Fortunately, it's functionally region free if you take the 30 seconds needed to install homebrew. :v:

(But yes, it's incredibly dumb.)

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Fortunately, it's functionally region free if you take the 30 seconds needed to install homebrew. :v:

(But yes, it's incredibly dumb.)

Well.... time to do some research. For scientific purposes and not in any way to convert my old XL to region free homebrew to import KB6.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

oblomov posted:

Well.... time to do some research. For scientific purposes and not in any way to convert my old XL to region free homebrew to import KB6.

This thread contains good info, as well as people who can help you if you're stuck: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759546

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Tesseraction posted:

Eh, they're reporting straight from the horse's mouth so it's not so bad.

I wonder why it affected some Vitas and not others - mine was fine, and they seem to suggest in their request for contact that it isn't something they can easily figure out who will and won't be affected.
I guess the network issue was with the accounts and not the Vita itself? I had troubles connecting to the PS Store using my japanese account but I had no problems with my north american one.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Wow. A simultaneous release on the PSP was still a thing until two years ago, but I haven't seen any since. It may be the last PSP retail game.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

otome don't give a gently caress

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Saoshyant posted:

Wow. A simultaneous release on the PSP was still a thing until two years ago, but I haven't seen any since. It may be the last PSP retail game.
I'm more surprised about it being a literal Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

But yeah, Otome games are still being released on the PSP.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Amazon sent me an email that Stranger in Sword City's release date had been changed to April 26th. Does anyone remember what it used to be?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It was set for a release near the end of March before the delay.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

They were still releasing annual FIFA games on PS2 until 2014. People still develop for dead rear end systems for long, long times

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Txn posted:

I guess the network issue was with the accounts and not the Vita itself? I had troubles connecting to the PS Store using my japanese account but I had no problems with my north american one.

Ah, sounds like it was a server issue over in Shining Nippon then.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

Check you download list? Tap the ellipsis icon in the bottom right when you're in the store.

Thanks, this worked.

The real problem turned out to be that I was searching for "me and my katamari" when the vita store really wanted me to search for exactly "me & my katamari (™)" and it wasn't smart enough to know the similarities.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Looks like Atlus has 4 games on sale, Gungnir, Hexyz Force, Riviera, and Yggdra Union. How are they? I've played Riviera on the GBA and it was not great, but not terrible. I've heard of Yggdra Union, but know about it past it's name.

How does the system handle switching data from one Vita Memory card to another? I don't mind losing the game data, as I can just re-download it, but how does it handle saves, like can I use a regular SD card to hold the saves, is there a slot for that?

Is there a way to back up a save game and then delete the game itself? I know on the 3DS if you delete a game it asks you if you want to make a save back up, but when I tried to delete the Demo for the Dungeon Travelers 2 game, it said it would delete the save as well.

And what is that second slot in the top for? One is obviously for the vita games, but there's a second tiny slot that I don't have the system manual to know what it does.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Anora posted:

How does the system handle switching data from one Vita Memory card to another? I don't mind losing the game data, as I can just re-download it, but how does it handle saves, like can I use a regular SD card to hold the saves, is there a slot for that?

Is there a way to back up a save game and then delete the game itself?

Copy to PC/PS3 with content manager, swap memory cards, copy back. This copies all data to the PC. To back up saves alone you need PS+

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Anora posted:

Looks like Atlus has 4 games on sale, Gungnir, Hexyz Force, Riviera, and Yggdra Union. How are they? I've played Riviera on the GBA and it was not great, but not terrible. I've heard of Yggdra Union, but know about it past it's name.
They're all Sting games, and since you've played Riviera you already know a bit of what their schtick is. Mostly trying to leave you confused as to how to play but they're alright if you can muddle through. It really depends on your tolerance for having to decipher their bullshit. You could look up a Youtube or something and see if the gameplay at least looks interesting. I've picked them up because they're dirt cheap but I've only barely gone through the intro to one of them.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Anora posted:

Yggdra Union is pretty fun, but the early game is really hard, since you don't have access to skills for the first few battles. The game is one of the most unique strategy RPGs out there, though Knights in the Nightmare (which I'm surprised isn't on sale as well) is far more unique in that aspect.

Gungnir is a lot closer to a regular SRPG, and is a lot easier to get into.

Hexyz forceis an RPG instead of an SRPG, but I have barely play any of it.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Yggdra Union is epic, gungnir is decent

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Cake Attack posted:

Yggdra is absolutely fantastic. :agreed:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

Gungnir feels super slow

I think I played like 5 or 6 chapters and then I got to a forest map where you're surrounded and the chests looked kind of far away and I just said no thanks

The timeline thing was cool, but it felt like every single action took a while to resolve

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Anora posted:

do you like strategy rpgs? yggdra union is really really good, but comes with the standard sting caveat of "god drat use a guide for items"

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
How longdo you guys think until Ys VII will be on sale on PSN?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

punk rebel ecks posted:

Falcom deserve all of your money.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Is there a decent resource for sweet vita wallpapers?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Is there a decent resource for sweet vita wallpapers?
resize/crop whatever you like to 960x544: http://www.giantbomb.com/playstation-vita/3045-129/forums/playstation-vita-wallpaper-thread-535840/

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

oblomov posted:

Isn't there that whole girl supporting mechanic? Not sure about pompadours but hey, this is as good as its going to get since Kenka Bancho 6 tanked in Japan on 3DS. Personally I think they picked the wrong platform for that game.

Dunno, Uppers just looks like nothing but fighting thus far, unless I've missed something? I like the loving around parts in Bancho more than the fighting (and really, the smash talk more than the fighting, too).

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

BlazeEmblem posted:

Hexyz forceis an RPG instead of an SRPG, but I have barely play any of it.

Hexyz Force sorta feels like it has all the bad qualities of a Sting game (ridiculous amounts of obscure missable content, plot that's weird in a bad way) and not much of the good (innovative gameplay systems, plot that's weird in a good way). Yggdra Union's pretty good, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

punk rebel ecks posted:

Buy any YS game, buy both Trails in the Sky games, buy Trails of Cold Steel

The regular Legend of Heroes games range from average to good. But none are as good as Trails in the Sky or Cold Steel.