Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

That is indeed weird as gently caress but I guess I'll just buy the Vita version for now and wait for the cross buy to kick in later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Holy poo poo! BAMCO I LOVE YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

I dunno I think BamCo has a strange way to spell English version of Tales of Innocence R

Hey, they laid out the rules: Hearts R sells good and they give us Innocence but uh I guess that didn't happen. I bought Hearts though. I liked it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Also speaking of Summon Night, 6 just got an English translation confirmation... For PS4 only. Sorry, we can't win em all folks!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Cold Steel has much better pacing than Trails in the Sky IMO. Also the game you're thinking of is God Eater, of which two different games are coming this Summer overseas.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Man, has P4G just perpetually been on sale forever? I'm blowing a hundo for the PSN cash back promo and figured with my 64GB coming in the mail I'd double dip on some Vita games I'd always want to have on the card so I checked and it's like ten bucks, and it's always been like ten marked down from thirty for like ever as far as I can tell. Sony doesn't even classify it as on sale anymore, it's just permanently marked down at that.

Makes sense I guess. It's illegal to own a Vita and not own P4G as far as I know. Unrelated but has anyone got that Dariusburst on Vita? I know arcade mode has the awful letter boxing but I'd love to play the big main Chronicle mode, is it worth fourth bucks?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Basically Sony got super mad that people clowned on them for eight years with the PSP so they went super Gestapo with Vita security.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

Playing games on phones sucks, even turn based rpgs

:yeah:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hahaha oh man this 64GB is worth the price of admission in that I can have virtually every Vita/PSP/PS1 game I own and could ever feasibly want go play stored on it together. Downloaded everything and I still have 14 GB left over. I dunno when I'll get around to playing both of the TitS games but they're both gonna be on my memory card forever!

I feel like customizing this with themes now, does anyone have a link to a good Vita theme site?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Back in the old thread most of them (like one post every hundred pages) was about a 64 gig except for the time it was a 32 and I think one time it just turned out the guy forgot to push his 64 card in all the way. In either case my vita has yet to explode so it's all good at the moment.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I bet John Cena would love the Vita.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Delusibeta posted:

In importing news, it appears that Amazon.co.jp now ships games overseas. Requires a separate account and applies only to stuff that are sold by Amazon themselves, but they do accept foreign cards. Absolutely mega news for importers, since they're quick to discount stuff.

That's great! Comments seem to suggest that a pre existing Amazon account works, so I'll prod the Japanese site for a bit and see if I can get a cheap Vita game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Really Pants posted:

Is Breath of Fire 3 good?

Yeah, it's a pretty good JRPG. Go for it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Does the add-on content for Soul Sacrifice carry over into Delta if it's installed or does the game come with it by default?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

So uh a month after the Summon Night 6 English translation mistake, it's back (in official Sony trophy data form)

http://www.exophase.com/game/summon-night6-lostborders-psn/trophies/

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

XSEED may actually be localizing Trails in the Sky 3rd chapter, at least according to the comments

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/708110200037769216?s=09

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Trails of Cold Steel 2 is coming this Fall.

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-ii-launches-this-fall-north-america

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

That's more than fair, IMO. I'm genuinely shocked they bothered to put SC on PSP.

I wonder how they'll ever handle the release cluster gently caress of the Crossbell games.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Junpei Hyde posted:

There are PC ports, right?

To my knowledge, there are PC ports but Falcom only made one for the first game. China has both games on PC with the caveat that they're in Chinese, but the definitive versions of the Crossbell games are exclusively on Vita.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Mr Phillby posted:

Nuclear Throne is such a great fit for the Vita, it's a real shame the port job makes Isaac look good.

Really? What can you tell me about it? I was planning on picking up it, NecroDancer, and some other stuff but instead I went and got Dariusburst and double dipped on Hot Shots Golf.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

My favorite thing about having a 64GB card is now having zero concern for the size of anything. I loaded every digital Vita, PSP, and PSOne game I currently own and could ever fathom wanting to play on it and I still have 1/4th left of a card, and if need be ai can dump some of the seven or eight gigs I have of those PSP/PSOne games I have sitting around. "Oh? SW4, Killzone, and FFX-2 are all like three gigs a piece? Load 'em in, boys!"

Delusibeta posted:

Nuclear Throne's performance dies a death in the later stages. It's also very prone to crashing.

Ooh, that'd do it I guess. I watched some of that uncut gameplay on YouTube a few days ago, of like the first few stages, and it looked pretty good but instead I just decided to finally bite the bullet on Dariusburst after watching some footage of that. Really disappointing to hear that about it, because it looked fun!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah, that's how this works so I expect Aksys to announce it tomorrow! Or realistically NISA when they reach E3 season and some of their projects are out.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It is illegal to own a Vita and not Persona 4 Golden as well.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Mods can we make this the thread title.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Just bought the special edition of Estival Versus, ran me $74 Canadian for a Vita game. Please tell Trump to invade Canada and make game prices great again.

Really Pants posted:

And if you enjoy P4G, you'll probably also enjoy Trails of Cold Steel, which is basically Falcom angrily vowing to make their own Persona 4 with blackjack and hookers. Other good Vita games, not necessarily exlusive:

Cold Steel is someone at Falcom playing Final Fantasy Type-0, declaring it bullshit, then going out and making a game better than it in every way.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah, Type-0 isn't terrible it just doesn't live up to the hype but Cold Steel does pretty much everything it tried to do but better. Like say having an actual cast of characters!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Id be a lot more excited about it if it had even the slightest chance of US release. I'm pretty hopefully about Scarlet Grace though.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Square Enix will maybe sorta consider the Vita version of I Am Setsuna if enough people bitch about it.

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/square-enix-consider-setsuna-ps-vita-localization-swell-demand

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I was just thinking other day about how some company could probably plan to bring over both versions of some Japanese PS4/Vita game but then only announce the PS4 version at first then turn things around and get the loud, angry Vita people who post in these comments sections to viral market the hell out of the game for them. Then when they've been tapped dry, they just announce that the fan response was "larger than expected" or something and announce the Vita version like they planned to. Comment idiots feel like they accomplished something, publisher looks real consumer minded, probably build some fan base there. But yeah then they'll bitch about no physical release because it's 2016 and they're Vita owners who somehow don't understand how being in the West typically precludes those from being common.

I think SquareSoft did that with FF Origins for PS1 back in the day.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Zero Time Dilemma is coming June 28th. Check out the new trailer.

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/zero-time-dilemma-launches-june-28-ps-vita-3ds-later-pc-first-trailer

Also some company I've never heard of is localizing One Way Heroics, as outed by the Australian game rating board.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Just posting to say I ordered Miku X and an Isabelle summer amiibo with express two day shipping because I refuse to wait for Miku. Also because Isabelle is cute and I don't want to wait until June for the real Isabelle amiibo.

Respect Miku, and also Isabelle.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Schrodingers cat posted:

Where did you find an Isabelle summer amibo if you don't mind me asking? I know someone who would love one.

For reasons unknown, Japan is getting the amiibo next week while US/EU is getting it in June so you should be able to go to an import site and pick it up that way. I used Play-Asia because they take PayPal but I'm sure Amazon or someone else would sell it too.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

*ahem*

YOOOOO! WAZZUUUUUUUP!
Siggy! PHIDO!

Hey, what are you kids doing over there?!
We're ABOUT to ANNOUNCE the RESULTS!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

voltcatfish posted:

I was sad when I realized Zero the Third was just for the tutorial and I'd never see him again

Well he came back around the end but it was all beep boop poo poo and I was super disappointed. Z3 owns, I have him as my PSN avatar.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

OLED FOR LIFE MOTHERFUCKER

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

PSN flash sale is live in North America right now. Monster Monpiece for only TWO dollars!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I dunno I have fiber and when I was redownloading most of my collection to the 64 GB I'd clear those 3 gig games in under 45 minutes, with the caveat that sometimes the download would basically stop and I'd have to pause/unpause until the speed wasn't hosed.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I bought Phantasy Star Nova off eBay for like twenty bucks Canadian almost solely to test my new PayPal account and I've been messing about with it for a few hours and I gotta say I'm kinda pissed that Sega or none of the usual suspects brought this one over. It looks and runs great and it plays like a souped up PSO2 with a bunch of hunting action flair. Fortunately there's quite a bit of translation guide available for it, and you can just google translate Japanese strategy wikis to fill in stuff like equipment materials and the like.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Szurumbur posted:

Since Trails games tend to be long, is there anything I should be careful about regarding missable sidequests/trophies in Cold Steel?

If you want a Platinum you're either going to have to do a lot of repeating end game sections or beat the game once and coast through it a second time on NG+ to pick up the stuff you missed. There's a bunch of missable trophies and hidden sidequests.

Playstationtrophies.org has a mostly spoiler free 100% walkthrough on their Cold Steel forum that I used to get me to full 100% completion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

There isn't a skip cutscene button but if you hold down circle you can fast forward through them. It's really funny to see sometimes, like there's a scene when everyone's riding on horses and with full speed fast forward they're moving but the horses are standing still.