Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm so sorry Policenaut....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

voltcatfish posted:

can you be banned already

Pretty sure he wasn't the prime reason for the last thread to poo poo itself, as much as you want to blame him.

As hollow as the vita lineup is, SK isn't the bloody reason for derails and empty shitposts, as much as some of you like to pretend it is.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ruggington posted:

actually, it wasn't related to SK

I didn't realize it was you because of you avatar. You, Policenaut and Oblomov are probably the 3 best posters in the vita thread, I think O_o

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Cool avatar.

HF assumes you're Kirito at any "story" event.

For the rest you're like .... you.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ruggington posted:

I'm kirito IRL, AMA

How are you so naive?

RanKizama posted:

Does this continue in Lost Song? Because this poo poo is kind of annoying. I want this to be my anime tiddy harem adventure, not Kirito's. :arghfist:

Unfortunately, it seems to be assumed you're Kirito no matter what, but I'm not playing a custom dude in LS so I can't tell for sure.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rusty Kettle posted:

Broken vita status: I can connect to the store about 25% of the time when I restore the database. But then I get timeout issues about 5 seconds after I try to look at my download history, meaning I can only look at the first twenty entries or so. Most of those are things I cannot download on a vita anyway. Why list poo poo you cannot download? It does no one any good.

Also the 'Download to my vita' button on the web store seems to do nothing.

Is anyone at Sony fixing this or are they just tossing the platform in the garbage?

I've had that happen for about 2 weeks straight and then suddenly resolved itself without a firmware update so it was likely my vita to router connection causing the problem :v

If anything could help: power cycle the thing, usually seems to resolve most problems.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 25, 2016

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Slow day:

New trailer for Atelier Shallie Plus holy poo poo these games keep coming out.

New character screenshots for One PIece: Burning Blood

Aventures of Mana gets a global release on February 4th. Looks pretty good! Here's a Trailer for it if you haven't seen it before. Very psyched for that one but I was a sucker for the Mana series back in the day.

New update for a game we'll never get
(Yes it's PSO2)[

New footage and trailer for Summon NIghts 6

Land of No Nights is apparently now called Nights of Azure and will be localized in March? Do any of you know if that's still only for the PS4 version or are we still getting a Vita release?

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Feb 1, 2016

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
A shame about No Nights/Azure. Thanks for the responses though!

I really hope Mana uses the physical control and not touch control for Vita O_O

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Another Uppers video

https://youtu.be/7YsNFuZj2cY

Nope, not interesting to me. Slow and characters look uninspired. Graphics are real pretty but eh.

You're real pretty, merry x-mas.

:iceburn:

It does look very slow for an action beat em up or whatever that genre is. Rest looks pretty interesting though.

Also Digimon comes out tomorrow :swoon:

VVV: Guess what's missing from that franchise? :getin:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Takoluka posted:

I think "speed" tends to be a little overvalued in some beat-em-ups, depending on the situation. It *looks* like everyone packs a heavy punch, which would make the slower nature make sense.

Also, right. I should've known.

You know, that's a good point - I mostly tend to play fast characters in games like BEU or Musou so I'm a bit biased. The game still looks pretty fun by all means in spite of the slower style.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

lets hang out posted:

best of luck to everyone buying the bad game just to spite Dark_Tzitzimine

Being Canadian, I would not waste 40$ USD on a game just to spite someone.

You misinterpret disagreeing with someone as spiteful actions and that's a shame because your user name is so welcoming.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm not buying it because it'll probably be mediocre + the boob stuff in it is dumb

There's boob stuff in it? I just saw a bunch of dudes punching each other.

Edit: VV Oh.... well now... :(

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Super No Vacancy posted:

well it is clear that twintails are superior to pigtails

me too but I will remote play it while lounging on different pieces of furniture instead of on the one tv couch

:agreed:

That's a good idea.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Dragon Quest Builders sold well and it topped its sales on the Vita, I'm surprised but that at least gives the old console some shining moment :v

Attack on TItans gets new combat and battle system videos and a new advertisement. Still not sure how I feel about this game and some of the titans in close quarter combat look very goofy.

Toukiden 2 gets a preview and apparently an open world.

I didn't enjoy the first one as much as I liked SS Delta but this still looks pretty good!

I was going to put something about Bullet Girls 2 and clothing destruction and all but I'm not linking it and you probably already know about it if you're interested.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Cake Attack posted:

Yggdra Union is epic, gungnir is decent

Yggdra is absolutely fantastic. :agreed:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Digimon World Next Order new screenshots. Wargreymon and other mons.

Superbeat Xonic DLC information . Launches February 23rd.

Summon Nights 6 gets new characters and screenshots.

Uppers! showcase of 2 characters.

Also, Lost Song is very cool and fun and if it goes on sale you should get it.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ruggington posted:

The design of the main character is something

It's to cater to the modern Vita crowd.

Proof Sony had moles in the former thread.

Looper posted:

"If you are having problems please contact support"
"NO I don't wanna!"

In all fairness, SONY support is in its own category of festering poo poo magnitudes..

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir gets newish things:

DOA Helena character trailer . I guess. Still, imo, the best fighter in the real DOA games.

2 New character bios for the game Uppers!

Project Diva X Snow gets a new trailer.

Ateliser Shallie + gets a trailer for its new episode.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Feb 8, 2016

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That's very good news :) Game looks good.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Stupid question, maybe, but can you no longer get Zettai Hero from the PSN? Or is it under another name?

Maybe I`m blind. I just gave my psp to my brother and wanted to buy it again like a good customer for old games.

Edit: VVV Wow, I`m very smart. Thank you that worked haha!

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Feb 9, 2016

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I played the 3rd on Vita and the SRPG.... The gameplay for the 3rd is very meh at best and I skip all cutscenes/story because most of it is very mediocre. The SRPG is interesting mechanics but it's also very average if you compare it to very good ones like TO LUCT.

They're very niche fan-friendly games and if you don't care for one, you won't care for any of them. The sexualization of characters is very strange too because some go from large breasted skimpy clothed women to 10 year old kids and I find that just very weird. I guess the only consistent one on that front is the Xbox persona.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Stelas posted:

Neptunia VII on the PS4 is rapidly approaching Legit Good Game. They finally ironed out the framerate issues and learnt how to do particle effects and dumb-but-fun plotlines.

I`m not sad about that. If they can turn that kind of weirdly huge franchise into a good one for non anime and pretentious ''I get that joke'' kind of audience, it has a lot of potential.

The artist for the game is very talented and I kinda hate seeing her work going towards very awkward stuff like that. The fundamental idea works, just make the game better.

Edit: I was honestly hyped for Ar No Surge because I forgot what the originals were about... Good things could happen to the vita if devs tried hard enoug. Like... Senran Kagura Winter Versus with settlement management

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Ah, well. Thanks, Vita thread.

Hopefully you haven't fully left yet because V is basically the best answer. If you ever played FFTactics and enjoyed it, PSP game or not, you owe it to yourself to get Tactics Ogre (Let us kill together). If you're into more comical and sometimes very weird humour, Disgaea 4 is pretty great.

Mithaldu posted:

TBH, with Disgaea 2, 3, 4 and Tactics Ogre you should be set for 2 decades until another Disgaea game is ported to the Vita.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

LibrarianCroaker posted:

I mean, I own LUCT and all the Disgaea games already.

Unless the Vita version of D4 is substantially different, I don't particularly want to buy it again.

Oh my bad.

I don't think it is except for getting all the DLC for free, if I recall.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

DEX Coming to vita.... it's been a slow week-end.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

bloodychill posted:

More cyberpunk is always welcome! This looks kinda neat.

Yeah I'm interested to see how it ends up working on the Nep console.

More DOA X3 things showcasing Momoji and her fighting abilities. :rolleyes:

Hitman GO launches on February 23rd.

Digimon World Next Order gets a new mon next mon-th. Are we supposed to get this one too?

Attack on Titans gets a new video showcasing new titans that get attacked or do the attacking I'm not sure anymore.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Help Im Alive posted:

I feel like anyone importing DoAX3 knows exactly what they're getting

:agreed:

Haha! I'm pretty sure if you're going to PlayAsia and pay like 100$ Canadian for a game, you know what you're getting...

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mithaldu posted:

I hope the game recognizes you have the voices off and just puts bandaids on everyone's mouth along with an angry scowl, for the entire game.

That would be pretty hilarious. Nep V3 Plus Vita edition isn`t bad by Neptunia standards, the only other one I tried being Neptunia 1 on PS3 :barf:

Mithaldu posted:

Is there more about its gameplay known? It looks like it may actually be good.

If you haven`t seen this trailer it's a good watch otherwise it seems like a

The mobile version is basically a puzzle/strategy version of the Hitman franchise. Kind of reminds me as that MGS game on PSP with the cards and skills.
Hidden passages, variable enemy behaviour and equipment, etc... apparently makes replaying missions worthwhile too.

I'm tempted to get the android version just to see if it's good because it's only 5$.

Mithaldu posted:

The main character can transform into an intelligent titan when he gets hurt, so they're showing that off.

That's a neat feature. I really like the art style of the game, only watched 1 episode of the animu.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mithaldu posted:

It sure looks pretty, but doesn't really tell much about the gameplay, and hides the UI (usually a bad sign).
Honestly, i recommend reading the manga. It's a rollercoaster of "how badly will we be doomed/hosed over *next*?!"

Yeah that's why I'm considering the "mobile try before you buy @ vita price" approach. Actually, just found this review which shows the actual game on Android/iOS.

Haha it does look very dystopian at best. I'll give it a read, thanks!

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh gosh, oh gosh, y'all.

Samurai Warriors 4 details on castle customization and on the self-insert persona character.

quote:

[...]apart from building a Castle to their specifications, players can also decorate it with unlockable decorative wallpapers, or with banners that can be collected by completing missions. These banners often offer extra bonuses, such as increased income, supplies, commerce, fame etc.

Character customization also sounds very cool and you can make youself replace a person in the story, meaning you're not just a mute protagonist that kills everything anymore. You're.... a historical protagonist that kills everything and you can replace multiple people which means you and your dream friends (or representations of your real friends) can KO the world.

Hatsune Miku Poject Diva X gets new songs:

• Satisfaction” by livetune (Neutral attribute)
  • “LOL -lots of laugh-” by mikumix (Cute attribute)
  • “Beauty Medley: Glossy Mixture” arranged by Treow {ELECTROCUTICA} featuring “Dependence Intention” by Treow {ELECTROCUTICA}, “Sweet Devil” by Hachiouji-P, and “Nebula” By Tripshots

As well as new modules for your favourite idol thing:

• “De:Monster” for Hatsune Miku (TNSK)
  • “Lollipop” for Hatsune Miku (Honyalala)

Dead of alive Xtreme 3 gets a new feature: :siren: Pole dancing :siren:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Is it? Oh that sucks, I was looking forward to musou + settlement management and "rpg" elements

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Dehry posted:

That's not a new feature. They had it in DOAX2 and Paradise. You could even select the (at the time) 16 year old Ayane or 17 year old Kasumi and put them in a sequin bikini.

I'm very sorry that I know that now...

Also I post news articles with sometimes snarky - often very mediocre - comments to spark discussions and contribute (hopefully) to keepoing the thread on track, I wasn't legitimately excited about this one.

Edit: VVV Fair enough.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Feb 16, 2016

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Takoluka posted:

I will get the Platinum trophy in Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 for Playstation 4 and Playstation Vita.

Live your dreams you wonderful person.

Is statute of limitations on anime?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Takoluka posted:

I'm not sure you've played a lot of 3DS games, but I'll agree that it looks and plays a lot better than Burst. And looking at Meteorise's work library, at worst, they seem adequate enough, but that's why I was asking about QA.

Thanks for the info, though. Marvelous is kind of a dumb company.

I don`t think so. I think they are very good at stimulating sales by adding very large amounts of content that they know players will enjoy on their own or with friends and I really think they do what they can to meet their demographic`s rather hardened expectations.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Buy a new 8gb card just for it, then lock it away somewhere safe, hopefully a time capsule, so that in 100 years they can laugh at how mild our games were.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Takoluka posted:

This is an example of a "wrong answer".

There`s no accounting for taste.... etc....

Which boatgirl do you think I should like most as a French person?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
This is vaguely reminding me of how the last thread ended.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Junpei Hyde posted:

Nobody so far has given their hosed up opinion on anime battleships with muscles so we're good for now.

They can't for a few more days, good point.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

The last thread didn't end because of people discussing a Japanese video game released on the Vita, though. :v:

It started with a waifu discussion though.... then again, the last vita thread was about 50% waifu arguments.

Which are the coolest carrier girls?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mithaldu posted:

Akagi actually is a carrier. Her arrows are planes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABZN292gvRo

Ok mine is her, carriers are the best boats.

Is that thing a fun strategy game or is it mostly existing due to fanservice and has very poor gameplay?

Like, between a mobage CCG and TO LUCT, for instance?

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

The Colonel posted:

i ship myself

just mentioning it in advance

Like... with yourself? I guess that's a realistic pairing :rimshot: