Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
A lot of retro youtubers have said Vita is the new Dreamcast/Saturn. Is it true? I had a launch vita, but sold it due to lack of games in 2013.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

irlZaphod posted:

I don't even know what "the new Saturn/Dreamcast" is supposed to mean, or why you'd care what someone on YouTube says. Or why you'd care what anyone in here says either. In fact, don't even read this post.

a hip console with a lot of hidden gems that has become a collector favorite. Besides, all the youtubers i follow have just been gushing over how the Vita is great and how it's got some great games.

I don't actually care about anyone's opinion, there are a lot of anime tiddies on the vita and that's all that matters :smugbert:

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Muv-Luv is a must play to enjoy Alternative.

Alternative is a hell of a ride.

Edit: To put it simpler, Muv-Luv (Extra and Unlimited) both set up things and introduce the main characters that will be key in Alternative. It is a very well written story, even if Extra is unbearably (and meant to be) goofy at times. High recommendation to the whole experience.

Asteroid Alert fucked around with this message at 11:09 on May 22, 2018

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Vanillaware games on the OLED Vita are amazing, but the screen is just too small to really appreciate the art.