Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Vita! I just purchased one of these. I've already modded it and have the emulators that I want. Are there any must have homebrew games or apps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I think I have all of that except for reVita and savemgr. Also already have SD2Vita so storage isn't an issue.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I did go through the effort to set up Max Payne last night but I haven't had a chance to play it yet. What's the benefit to setting up the Sonic Android ports vs. emulation? Because I've been emulating those games since Sega emulation first became viable.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I want to say those games run fine on the SNES9X emulator for the PSP. Maybe try running that through Adrenaline? I simply kept my emulators from the PSP and a quick test showed no issues.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Hey thanks! There's a nongrams/picross game for the Vita! That's a get. Also has anyone used the PC "upgrade" for Max Payne? Like I said, I managed to get it to load but I haven't tested it yet. That game was one of my favorites and the only shooter I ever enjoyed.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

History Comes Inside! posted:

Because that would almost certainly involve firmware updates for the PSP/Vita/PS3 if the console-side of the storefront needed to be changed to actually benefit from whatever changes they’ve made to unify the store like they have now. That’s probably more work than it’s worth to them.

I’d also rather they left those firmwares alone so they don’t try and slip in anymore patches to prevent homebrew, since if they were going to go to the effort of updating the consoles just to be able to sell you games then they’d probably want to make sure they cut off the exploits that let you not have to buy those games at the same time.

This. I bought a Vita because it's dead and safe to mod. If that means the store goes down then so be it. For now I will happily buy Vita games on my Vita.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Lol, whenever it cane out

October and November is a huge difference. They can be as far as a day apart!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Even VitaShell only properly works over ftp, at least for me. Sony really tried to lock the end user out of the filesystem as much as possible.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Speaking as someone who just bought a Vita, this decision pleases me. Yes I hacked it, and I will pirate anything I can't otherwise obtain, but I'm always happy to actually purchase the the games I want. Hell, I'll probably purchase the PSP and PSX games I pirated for that system after the PSP store was unavailable.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Rinkles posted:

Vita gets FF3 and FF4 ports (from android)

Also, the GTA ports got pulled from a lot of places because Take 2 is suing

There's so many versions of IV it's not even funny. I have 3 of them on my Vita already.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The original yes. And the DS version on my 3DS.

Does the Android port have anything noteworthy to make it worth buying and installing?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The DS version is my favorite so I'll happily stick with it.

Is there a way to purchase and download Android apks on a computer? I haven't found a way and having to empty my phone of apps and files for Max Payne was tedious.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also grab an SD2Vita card, or the 3G mod so you have more storage.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

What would you do with Android on the Vita? Play games obviously, but I'd rather see more Android games ported like we got with Max Payne and Bully.

Speaking of, has anyone tried out the Crazy Taxi port? I'm curious to try it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm pretty sure you need a memory card to hack the 1,000. Do some more googling because I honestly can't remember. I have a 1,000, and I bought a memory card. But maybe I didn't need to?