Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I haven't played 5 yet so I didnt want to make any absolute statements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Seriously guys, is no one playing Cyber Sleuth?

There's a whole thread of people playing it

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762076

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lone 'im or hate 'im, they can't stop talking about 'im.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Junpei Hyde posted:

I would but it's apparently digital only over here.

Nope, I have it on a cart. There's no English dub though for whatever reason

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kadokawa are localising two of their games themselves already (that I've forgotten the names of) so its not beyond the realms of possibility.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

limaCAT posted:

Freedom Wars. It's a good game but oh boy if the Monster Hunter formula is becoming way too cryptic, formulaic and outdated to capture the international market. Seriously to innovate in the Monhun like games they should make western developers do the action parts and streamline the loot and crafting system, because who for the love of God can green light a game that puts the use consumable button with the button used to revive friends and "tie the monster to the ground"?
Scej, of course :argh:

Toukiden on Vita and Final Fantasy Explorers on 3DS both streamline the MH formula down to the basic killing monsters and crafting poo poo setup. Trouble is if you do that too much it ends up kind of anaemic and FFE is little more than a beat em up where you fight classic FF monsters.
Freedom Wars on the other hand seemed like it was a bit too ambitious and threw everything but the kitchen sink in.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What didn't you like about Ayesha? I always thought of the PS3/Vita Atelier's that if you liked one you'd probably like them all.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fools, you're only gonna get the Vita version of The Last Guardian instead

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't think SS is a bad game, I do prefer both those other games to it though

I also don't consider it a MH style game at all.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mine has always been like that

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Huh, not the biggest fan of Psycho Pass but if that can get localised pretty much anything can.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

IA\VT Colourful is another fun rhythm game if you want another one as well as Taiko. They're the only type of Japanese game I ever import since they're easy to figure out and rarely have any story.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dehry posted:

http://uppers.marv.jp/news20160222.html

Uppers preorders are so low they've delayed it indefinitely.

holy lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dragon's Crown, I guess.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lemon Curdistan posted:

3D-wise I only have DW8. I might snag Samurai Warriors 4-II at some point, but not at full price when I'm not remotely done with DW8 (since Musou games tend to be somewhat similar anyway). I also have Gundam Breaker 2 and Soul Sacrifice Delta, if you want to lump either in the same genre. Otherwise, I have Muramasa and Dragon's Crown, but those are 2D.

You'd be better off with Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3, since it's a full game rather than a glorified extension pack, unless having historical battles is very important to you.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If we get CG2 and not Exist Archive I'm throwing my Vita in the bin

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Honestly delaying/cancelling a game because of low pre-order numbers seems so unlikely I'm wondering if there isn't something else going on.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Eh, it'll do me. In fact it's better because at least I can just buy it from the US store if it never gets an EU release like 5.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I would have if they released it here.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Vita thread you should probably just pretend there aren't any PS+ games next month. It's kinder that way.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The OAV they did last year had plenty of nipples in

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm being generous and saying the firefighter game night end up fun even if it looks atrocious

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol YCS blast from the past

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I didn't hate it but he made it a bit easy. Yunica more than makes up for it though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

From videos on YT it looks like some sort of mix between a city builder and a tower defence game? It look odd anyway, and not the good kind.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

It's so strange that they thought the Vita would be a good idea

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah because 3/4 are ports of DS games that were full retail priced not cheap zero efort mobile ports.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

OxMan posted:

DT comes for the boobs but only stays for meaningful character development of those boobs tho

:same:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Panty Quest 2 when?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Saoshyant posted:

Latest releases (photos courtesy of horuhe):

No idea what the hell the last thing is but it's called "Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?? Wonderful Party!" I've always dreamed of having a wonderful party since that one time all kids at kindergarten skipped my 5th birthday party.

Shallie's cover's pretty cool. It's really the closing title for the Dusk trilogy.

It's based on an SoL anime that gets translated as 'Is the Order A Rabbit?' I've no idea how you'd turn it into a game, I guess it's a VN where you hang around a cafe all day

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

corn in the bible posted:

I wanna play shallie but judging by the last one itll be like a year or two before plus comes out here :(

Get a PS3

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Report my rear end

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Apart from the bit where all phone games are trash

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

*waits for stux to turn up*

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There are always going to be people who want more than just bus journey time wasters, I'm hoping more than reducing handhelds to a niche, but who knows, I guess.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

...I'm gonna get my niece a 2DS for her birthday

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Stux posted:

sony dont though? the ps4 has been profitable per unit since like 3 months after launch, and its going to eclipse the 3ds in sales.

nintendo going from the DS and the wii level sales to the wii u and 3ds has been an unqualified failure, and if they cannot turn things around with the NX they will start getting in trouble. they cannot afford to sell gently caress all units, even at a profit, forever. sorry.

Stux posted:

like im sorry if this is for some reason contentious but nintendo can no longer keep putting out handhelds with graphics 2 generations behind when your phone can pump out far better graphics, you already have a phone anyway, and the games are a poo poo ton cheaper. its not a sustainable model and the 3ds' sales declining so heavily from the DS/PSP show this. its important to include the PSP because it actually sold pretty well, and in that case the handheld market has shrunk from 235 million units to about 60 million in a single generation. combine that with a home console business which, apart from one wild exception, has been declining since the SNES and it is an issue.

who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

so nobody