Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Link headline is :perfect:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Syndic Thrass posted:

I heard y'all got rolled in like the first round to FA or some poo poo this year lmao

uh HYDRA got 2nd this year, so...

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ScreamingLlama posted:

I bought a month of Omega for my second account (which just ran out). Having another toon to carry your ore while you mine so you don't have to dock up and unload makes a WORLD of difference. I actually stripped an entire belt of omber by myself in a T1-fit Procurer in roughly two hours.

The life of a carebear.

Why do you need haulers any more? back when I first started the ORE ships had a tiny cargo bay, so you were flying back and forth all the time. But at some point they seem to have implemented "ore cargo" holds that are massive. You can do the hauling in your mining ship now, just fly back to station when you are full up.

Also, you could have spent that $15 on PLEX and made more ISK with zero effort.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!
Why would you resurrect this thread by quoting a month-old post from ScreamingLlama of all people?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Why would you resurrect this thread by quoting a month-old post from ScreamingLlama of all people?

I donno man, why is there two EVE 2017 threads? :psyduck: I just started playing EVE again after a few months off so I got caught up on some posts. They were new to me!

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Eve is a bad game

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rutibex posted:

I donno man, why is there two EVE 2017 threads? :psyduck: I just started playing EVE again after a few months off so I got caught up on some posts. They were new to me!

This one is supposed to be laid back, chill, talk about mechanics thread.

The other one is the flame fest that involves the politics.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I logged in yesterday

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Thought I'd log into Eve again after a long while away, and I gotta say, I'm impressed with the new graphical changes. I must admit, it was a bold move for them to reduce the entire game to nothing but a black screen with a cursor and nothing to interact with, but I have to say it really captures the feeling of being lost in an infinite empty space much better even than the original game. After a while, moving the cursor around a black screen did get tedious, however. Overall though, I'm liking this new direction that Eve Online has taken.

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

AHAHAHAAH turning sound on crashes the client, this is a Well Designed Game

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

HappyKitty posted:

I think you might have a bad computer.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Rutibex posted:

I think you might have a bad computer.

Not empty quoting.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Syndic Thrass posted:

Eve is a bad game

Hello Syndic "Syndic Thrass" Thrass, how are you? I have moved to Denmark.

localloop
Jan 2, 2007
I also have the full system crash when trying to turn sound back on, so you aren't alone...

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

localloop posted:

I also have the full system crash when trying to turn sound back on, so you aren't alone...

I think the problem is that I was in space at the time, but like

This should not make a difference?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Syndic Thrass posted:

Eve is a bad game

yeah agreed.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Eve is a great game, it's just that only about 20 people get to play it: everyone else is an NPC.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Eve is a great game, it's just that only about 20 people get to play it: everyone else is an NPC.

Eve Online 2017: Pubbies are just NPCs

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

Why do you need haulers any more? back when I first started the ORE ships had a tiny cargo bay, so you were flying back and forth all the time. But at some point they seem to have implemented "ore cargo" holds that are massive. You can do the hauling in your mining ship now, just fly back to station when you are full up.

Also, you could have spent that $15 on PLEX and made more ISK with zero effort.

Having someone in a hauler (especially a Miasmos) carrying your ore back to the station means you don't have to stop mining and dock up, and you can just crawl through the belt eating hundreds of cubic kilometres of ore in a few hours. It's a time-saver, and it's also more secure than jetcan mining. I can harvest a quarter million cubic metres of ice, compress it, then haul it to market in a matter of hours.

HappyKitty posted:

Try docking up before you turn the sound on. Worked for me.

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

Rust Martialis posted:

I have moved to Denmark.

Why would you do such a thing...

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

ScreamingLlama posted:

Having someone in a hauler (especially a Miasmos) carrying your ore back to the station means you don't have to stop mining and dock up, and you can just crawl through the belt eating hundreds of cubic kilometres of ore in a few hours. It's a time-saver, and it's also more secure than jetcan mining. I can harvest a quarter million cubic metres of ice, compress it, then haul it to market in a matter of hours.

Try docking up before you turn the sound on. Worked for me.

Pretty sure using that second account as a miner instead of a hauler results in faster mining, even if you have to warp back to station to dump your ore hold.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Pretty sure using that second account as a miner instead of a hauler results in faster mining, even if you have to warp back to station to dump your ore hold.

Just put a Miner 2 onto an Iteron Mark V and you can do both!

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Why can't you just accept that you're wrong and move on?

GrandTheftAutism fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 20, 2017

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

ScreamingLlama posted:

Why can't you just accept that you're wrong and move on?

Someone do the math then make one of those creepy ASMR videos for audtists so SL can understand.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
A max skilled Hulk in perfect conditions (but without boosts, this is solo remember) mines approximately 40 cubic metres of ore every second. To fill it's ore hold of 8.5km3 takes about 214 seconds, or about 3 and a half minutes.

A max skilled Miasmos, with 3x T2 Hyperspatial rigs, warps at 5.22au/s, takes 10 seconds to warp (with a prop mod), and (being generous with numbers) 11 seconds to de/accelerate to maximum velocity.

Giving a generous lead and following time of about 30s to jettison, pick up, dock up and drop off, that leaves the Miasmos with 142s of time spent in warp. At 5.22au/s, that means our Miasmos can travel ~740au in the time it takes our Hulk to fill out it's ore bay.

Assuming a round trip to your favourite reprocessing station of 40au, that still leaves 134s of dead time our Miasmos is doing nothing. Moreover, there's a significant amount of wasted space, as a Miasmos has an ore hold nearly 7 times bigger than a Hulk. So not only are you wasting time, you're wasting space.

So, what's the ideal solution?

That second character is most definitely better in another Hulk, assuming you're going for maximum yield. You don't actually need a hauling character until you get to about 5 or 6 characters mining at once, as a Miasmos has the capacity to support groups of 7 miners in Hulk in a constant circuit, probably closer to 10 or 11 if you account for staggered ejections and travel time between cans. If it's just a couple accounts you're actually better off fitting Hyperspatial rigs to your Hulks and dropping the ore off yourself, but the optimal solution would be to use Mackinaws for their massive ore holds and not worrying about lost time warping between refinery and ore belt.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Rust Martialis posted:

Someone do the math then make one of those creepy ASMR videos for audtists so SL can understand.

*crinkles up a sheet of paper while whispering “you have never been right about anything ever” in SL’s ear as he masturbates*

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rhymenoserous posted:

*crinkles up a sheet of paper while whispering “you have never been right about anything ever” in SL’s ear as he masturbates*

You do realize this is the chill thread.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

A max skilled Hulk in perfect conditions (but without boosts, this is solo remember) mines approximately 40 cubic metres of ore every second. To fill it's ore hold of 8.5km3 takes about 214 seconds, or about 3 and a half minutes.

A max skilled Miasmos, with 3x T2 Hyperspatial rigs, warps at 5.22au/s, takes 10 seconds to warp (with a prop mod), and (being generous with numbers) 11 seconds to de/accelerate to maximum velocity.

Giving a generous lead and following time of about 30s to jettison, pick up, dock up and drop off, that leaves the Miasmos with 142s of time spent in warp. At 5.22au/s, that means our Miasmos can travel ~740au in the time it takes our Hulk to fill out it's ore bay.

Assuming a round trip to your favourite reprocessing station of 40au, that still leaves 134s of dead time our Miasmos is doing nothing. Moreover, there's a significant amount of wasted space, as a Miasmos has an ore hold nearly 7 times bigger than a Hulk. So not only are you wasting time, you're wasting space.

That second character is most definitely better in another Hulk, assuming you're going for maximum yield. You don't actually need a hauling character until you get to about 5 or 6 characters mining at once, as a Miasmos has the capacity to support groups of 7 miners in Hulk in a constant circuit, probably closer to 10 or 11 if you account for staggered ejections and travel time between cans. If it's just a couple accounts you're actually better off fitting Hyperspatial rigs to your Hulks and dropping the ore off yourself, but the optimal solution would be to use Mackinaws for their massive ore holds and not worrying about lost time warping between refinery and ore belt.

So what you are saying is he needs 7 more accounts.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

iospace posted:

The entire concept is stupid.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Rutibex posted:

So what you are saying is he needs 7 more accounts.

Seems reasonable

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

iospace posted:

screaming llama is not chill though

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

Speked posted:

Why would you do such a thing...

Searching for hygge?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

I'm getting a new phone and have 2FA enabled. Is there some way to transfer the Microsoft Authenticator app from the old phone to the new one, or do I need to set up 2FA for Eve and everything else all over again?

How does that even work, considering account settings usually require 2FA? That is, how can I change 2FA without 2FA?

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Ynglaur posted:

I'm getting a new phone and have 2FA enabled. Is there some way to transfer the Microsoft Authenticator app from the old phone to the new one, or do I need to set up 2FA for Eve and everything else all over again?

How does that even work, considering account settings usually require 2FA? That is, how can I change 2FA without 2FA?

When logging into account management, you can hit "lost device" and they'll instead send a code to your registered email. Had to do this yesterday.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Thank you. In general, do I have to reset 2FA individually everywhere I use it? In other words, the app on my phone is more like a key ring than a single key? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ynglaur posted:

Thank you. In general, do I have to reset 2FA individually everywhere I use it? In other words, the app on my phone is more like a key ring than a single key? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
Depends on the app. Some apps have a cloud backup functionality with a master password. Not sure about Microsoft

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

Rapulum_Dei posted:

Searching for hygge?

Ohh Hygge I love it.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Speked posted:

Ohh Hygge I love it.

I think I am starting to grasp hygge. The fact it gets dark by mid-afternoon soon leads to natural feelings of "wouldn't it be nice to curl up indoors with warm socks and glogg and nice music on, and not stay out in this dark, cold outdoor hell".

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

But with a hauler the barge/exhumer literally never stops mining until the ore runs out. Just keep canning ore as the strip miners are going nonstop and let the Miasmos fill its hold. If the barge is docked, it's not mining. I can empty a belt in a matter of hours using this method.

It's a moot point anyway, my indy alt is training his way into a rorqual in a few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

ScreamingLlama posted:

But with a hauler the barge/exhumer literally never stops mining until the ore runs out. Just keep canning ore as the strip miners are going nonstop and let the Miasmos fill its hold. If the barge is docked, it's not mining. I can empty a belt in a matter of hours using this method.

It's a moot point anyway, my indy alt is training his way into a rorqual in a few months.

You've never left highsec, where are you going to put the Rorqual?

• Locked thread