Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ScreamingLlama posted:

But with a hauler the barge/exhumer literally never stops mining until the ore runs out. Just keep canning ore as the strip miners are going nonstop and let the Miasmos fill its hold. If the barge is docked, it's not mining. I can empty a belt in a matter of hours using this method.

It's a moot point anyway, my indy alt is training his way into a rorqual in a few months.

Opportunity cost. Given several accounts even factoring in warp time multiple miners will make more isk/h if they mine till full and warp to drop off than if you subtract a single miner and put it in a miasmos for hauling and leave the miners spinning. What people are telling you is that the break point where a miasmos becomes a "Good idea" is around the same point where the miasmos would have to constantly be in motion to keep up with the dumped supply. This assumes you are waiting till full or near full to dump.

I mean mining is entirely alien to me and I get what they are saying. Why can't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Rhymenoserous posted:

I mean mining is entirely alien to me and I get what they are saying. Why can't you?

Please restate your question in a husky whisper, moving left to right around the microphone. Lick your lips a lot.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Flash sale on Omega time: 25% off all packages. Just got another year of this terrible dying game for less than $100 USD. Reddit is abuzz with CCP laying off a third of their staff, so we'll see if this was a good purchase or not.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ynglaur posted:

Flash sale on Omega time: 25% off all packages. Just got another year of this terrible dying game for less than $100 USD. Reddit is abuzz with CCP laying off a third of their staff, so we'll see if this was a good purchase or not.

God damnit CCP! I just bought a 3 month sub a few days ago :argh:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Ynglaur posted:

Reddit is abuzz with CCP laying off a third of their staff, so we'll see if this was a good purchase or not.

They've survived a near-death experience once before. At least this time around they got more return out of their VR adventure than the cockamamie WoD fiasco. I think it's more like "whoops, turns out VR is a complete dud. better lay off all the people we hired to make VR games!"

Unfortunately, they've already got the next big failure lined up to start working on. So there won't be a huge life-extending burst of new content for eve as the remaining employees cling desperately to the only thing that pays their salary, unlike the last time this happened.

But hey, Star Citizen looks like it's on it's last legs. We might see some ex-cultists come to eve when it finally crashes!

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Klyith posted:

They've survived a near-death experience once before. At least this time around they got more return out of their VR adventure than the cockamamie WoD fiasco. I think it's more like "whoops, turns out VR is a complete dud. better lay off all the people we hired to make VR games!"

Add in a bit of "we definitely don't need our community team either"

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Booley posted:

Add in a bit of "we definitely don't need our community team either"

Sion was right, there is no community.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Klyith posted:

Unfortunately, they've already got the next big failure lined up to start working on. So there won't be a huge life-extending burst of new content for eve as the remaining employees cling desperately to the only thing that pays their salary, unlike the last time this happened.

What are they working on next? I doubt it's Project Legion.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Ynglaur posted:

Probably something for the Kinect now that it's been axed.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Ynglaur posted:

Supposedly they're still working on the PC FPS, now called Project Nova instead of Project Legion. Dunno who is working on it, but they say it is totally happening!
(Maybe they're re-working it? Check this fresh idea: a hundred DUST marines get dropped out of a megathron...)

But the thing they talked about in the official press release was a pivot to mobile gaming. Which is a great idea cause that's totally a fresh market that's super-easy to break into these days. Mobile games are doing well top to bottom, it's definitely not the case that the top 2 games in 2016 made more money than the next 20, or that if you don't advertise like crazy you will go nowhere.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Klyith posted:

Supposedly they're still working on the PC FPS, now called Project Nova instead of Project Legion. Dunno who is working on it, but they say it is totally happening!
(Maybe they're re-working it? Check this fresh idea: a hundred DUST marines get dropped out of a megathron...)

But the thing they talked about in the official press release was a pivot to mobile gaming. Which is a great idea cause that's totally a fresh market that's super-easy to break into these days. Mobile games are doing well top to bottom, it's definitely not the case that the top 2 games in 2016 made more money than the next 20, or that if you don't advertise like crazy you will go nowhere.

They should turn "walking around the station" into a FPS. You can go around killing people in the station, and maybe break into their warehouses and steal their ship.

If you die outside of your pod you die forever.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Rutibex posted:

They should turn "walking around the station" into a FPS. You can go around killing people in the station, and maybe break into their warehouses and steal their ship.

If you die outside of your pod you die forever.

Having an FPS battle in the IHUB/TCU/Citadel/whatever to gain control would be sweet. I'm thinking a Planetside type situation where you could use brute force or hacking to accomplish the goal. It would really expand the game and bring in a lot of people I think.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

frozenphil posted:

Having an FPS battle in the IHUB/TCU/Citadel/whatever to gain control would be sweet. I'm thinking a Planetside type situation where you could use brute force or hacking to accomplish the goal. It would really expand the game and bring in a lot of people I think.

I've wanted this for years. Expand the hacking mini game and make it possible to do things like skip a shield timer, or disable a customs office for a few hours, or change gate dynamics slightly.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Ynglaur posted:

I've wanted this for years. Expand the hacking mini game and make it possible to do things like skip a shield timer, or disable a customs office for a few hours, or change gate dynamics slightly.

I wish they did more with on-grid committed fleet battles than just having ships duke it out- deployable mini-structures with EWAR functionality would be cool, pulsing de-cloak devices... things like that.

They'd have to put in a shitload of NOUSE code to stop them from breaking PvE or returning negative integers in wormholes probably, but maybe it would make fleet combat more interesting.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Xolve posted:

I wish they did more with on-grid committed fleet battles than just having ships duke it out- deployable mini-structures with EWAR functionality would be cool, pulsing de-cloak devices... things like that.

They'd have to put in a shitload of NOUSE code to stop them from breaking PvE or returning negative integers in wormholes probably, but maybe it would make fleet combat more interesting.

That's a cool idea.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

frozenphil posted:

Wasn't this the basic idea with Dust-whatever except it was dudes fighting on planets for moon control or SOV or some poo poo but the FPS dudes never really had any effect on the space game? Sounds like another winner from fartwater island

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Ynglaur posted:

That's a cool idea.

I had a F&I draft on my old computer (from when I actually played EVE) that outlined a few ideas:

Something that attracted missiles/gunfire (by type) like a gravitron pulse structure, or something GRIMDARK like that.
Bomb decoys / Short duration pulse resist structure (bomb defense)
Anchorable EWAR that affected the entire grid, and everyone on it.
A 5 strength warp-jammer, that worked similar to mobile cyno inhibs.
Decloaking pulse emitter thing thing.

They'd have to do an amount of theorycrafting around these that I don't think they're capable of, I'd want them in W-Space but I don't know how poorly they'd interact with WH mechanics and they'd obviously need to be restricted into how many you could deploy on a single grid (like, one of each type, maybe just one?). Of course, they'd also have to be priced at a point that they'd actually be worth using.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Xolve posted:

I had a F&I draft on my old computer (from when I actually played EVE) that outlined a few ideas:

Something that attracted missiles/gunfire (by type) like a gravitron pulse structure, or something GRIMDARK like that.
Bomb decoys / Short duration pulse resist structure (bomb defense)
Anchorable EWAR that affected the entire grid, and everyone on it.
A 5 strength warp-jammer, that worked similar to mobile cyno inhibs.
Decloaking pulse emitter thing thing.

They'd have to do an amount of theorycrafting around these that I don't think they're capable of, I'd want them in W-Space but I don't know how poorly they'd interact with WH mechanics and they'd obviously need to be restricted into how many you could deploy on a single grid (like, one of each type, maybe just one?). Of course, they'd also have to be priced at a point that they'd actually be worth using.

Getting some of the good FCs and theorycrafters together for an afternoon would be a smart thing for CCP to do. Capabilities like that could be balanced by magnitude, so if they released something like them they would be relatively easy to nerf if needed.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Ynglaur posted:

Getting some of the good FCs and theorycrafters together for an afternoon would be a smart thing for CCP to do. Capabilities like that could be balanced by magnitude, so if they released something like them they would be relatively easy to nerf if needed.

They could call it a focus group. And maybe make a slack for it. And take applications from the F&I forum and publish the chat logs!

(e.g. all this has happened before and will happen again, just like the CM layoffs)

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

But then they need to take the next step and implement some of the ideas.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Ynglaur posted:

Seems like :effort:, :effort: they could spend making more skins- that you know- earn them money.

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

Rust Martialis posted:

I think I am starting to grasp hygge. The fact it gets dark by mid-afternoon soon leads to natural feelings of "wouldn't it be nice to curl up indoors with warm socks and glogg and nice music on, and not stay out in this dark, cold outdoor hell".

Thats hygge^^

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Ynglaur posted:

or they could just continue to implement all the bad ideas from fozzies scratchpad.

Zethe
Jun 30, 2012
I have not visited this forum in months.

This thread is still poo poo.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Zethe posted:

I have not visited this forum in months.

This thread is still poo poo.

This is the chill thread, friend.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
daily reminder that the chill thread exists because are baby bitches and don't know how to use the ignore function

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

You've never left highsec

*bzzzt* wrong

I've been going in and out of lowsec for months now, and not just in transit. My corp has a Raitaru in low that everyone completely ignores (thankfully).

Rust Martialis posted:

Please restate your question in a husky whisper, moving left to right around the microphone. Lick your lips a lot.

Dude, seriously, just stop with the whisper poo poo already. It was stupid and unfunny from the start and you just look like a tool.

GrandTheftAutism fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Nov 10, 2017

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

ScreamingLlama posted:

Dude, seriously, just stop with the whisper poo poo already. It was stupid and unfunny from the start and you just look like a tool.

I read this in a low, whispery voice. Breathy, yet strong. There were odd noises in the background, like someone was walking through squelchy mud, but more regular and rhythmic.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

are you a robot or something?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ScreamingLlama posted:

*bzzzt* wrong

I've been going in and out of lowsec for months now, and not just in transit. My corp has a Raitaru in low that everyone completely ignores (thankfully).

What is even the point of lowsec?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rutibex posted:

:homebrew:

Well, with Loyalty Points. You can make a fuckload of cash farming LP, or you can blow other ships up and sell off the loot.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Rutibex posted:

it's a buffer zone between the super-assholes and the beta cucks.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

ScreamingLlama posted:

*bzzzt* wrong

You're taking a Rorqual into Lowsec?

Best of luck to you.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
does anyone want to be the OP of the chill thread i forgot about this

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i do not, ty

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

eonwe posted:

does anyone want to be the OP of the chill thread i forgot about this

it's ok, the OP of the other thread turned out to be a parachute account for Miss Boiled Ribs

we don't really need a chill thread for now, nothing is happening to be un-chill about. but if that changes, it doesn't matter who the OP is.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I volunteer to be the eventual OP of the chill thread.

It will be terrible, just like this terrible, dead, game.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

pity reply

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Can anyone tell me if Preencleeve is still out and about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

AdorableStar posted:

Can anyone tell me if Preencleeve is still out and about

If he is, he's flown under the radar for quite some time. Last I heard was he was posting in some jogging/fitness thread a couple years back. No idea if he's still playing EVE

• Locked thread