Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Drythe posted:

Go back to the other thread with this retarded poo poo

The marvel thread is very good ok.

Also, ratting in null is soothing, fun and good money as a newer player. This game might not be terrible, then again I have not interacted with any goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Is there really no counterplay to afk cloaked reds in system?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Altran posted:

1. Fly a cheap battlecruiser
2. Having a standing fleet like in frigates on comms on standby 24-7 to warp in and save you, horde has been having lots of success with this method.

I have been on both side of the fence and think CCP should fix it somehow, I would guess CCP is on it as they said they want to remove afk ratting, make sense to remove afk camping as well

This would be great. In my limited Eve experience, it seems very rock-paper-scissors and afk cloaking seems to be dynamite. It surprised me than there was no counter measures.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
I have had a long issue with trying to understand drone aggro.

2 weeks ago, I was trying to solo rat in a VNI. Rats kept focus firing my heavies down, put would ignore mediums and lights. Eventually they started a process of killing 1-2 drones, of any size, then ignoring drones for the rest of the site. So I started sacrificing a single light drone to start a site and then deploying my faction drones and it was working fine.

Then, all of a sudden, about a week and a half ago the rats just started ignoring my drones. The day before, I had finished Drone Durability 3, but was experiencing the same issues all day. The next day it just... fixed itself?

Then tonight, I did something stupid and forgot to put my AB on and lost my VNI. After I refitted with the EXACT same fit, I went to a site and the rats started focusing my drones down again, like back before 2 weeks ago. I tried sacrificing drones again, didn't work. As soon as I deploy more than 3 heavies, the rats start attacking the drones. There has been no drone skill changes during this time.

Can anyone explain what is happening and/or how to fix it? tia

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

DigitalDud posted:

I've found that the aggro tables get messed up sometimes. When this happens to me I get safe, eject from my ship, and re-board. That usually fixes it. Usually.

This fixed it... What the gently caress kinda of 2003 coding is that?!

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

nessin posted:

Note on ewar and aggro, sometimes a target painter or undersized neut does not distract them from eating your drones.

I tried a target painter a while back, didnt work for keeping aggro off drones.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
So, for my miner, this is looking like my goal fit. I'm out in null, I get the occasional red and want to be able to keep them on me while allies come out and also deal with rats. The main concern I have is the 2x invul and 1x em field, is there any other combination that would result in a bigger tank? Thanks.

[Skiff]
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Damage Control II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Warp Scrambler II
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
EM Ward Field II

Modulated Strip Miner II

Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

Warrior II x5
Acolyte II x5
Infiltrator II x5

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Drythe posted:

And freighter pilots can be so dumb
https://zkillboard.com/kill/54134782/

Did all 35 seriously drop?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Morris posted:

The loot fairy said yessir

If something is in a single stack either all of it drops or none of it drops.

More SP for Miniluv dudes to get into bombers :toot:

Wow, lol. I just bought my first injector and i'm addicted... 35 would clear out my entire queue! lol

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

But then you create a new queue and the urge for instant gratification returns... you can never be satiated.

I can imagine... I'm mainly trying to shoot up as much as possible early on, because I heard there is diminishing returns at higher SP.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

dragonstalking posted:

They're worth it up to 50mil sp when the injector gain drops off.

Why would you tell me this? It's like telling a recovering heroin addict, "hey, you know your body doesnt really build a tolerance to black tar! You can keep using the same tiny amount for years and get the same high!"

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

its the fast track to becoming a bitter vet

I knew coming to the goon thread was a bad idea... I didn't expect this though. I thought someone was going to offer to send me ISK, then find my home and camp the poo poo outta me.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

oh no how many did you inject :ohdear:

I did 3. I'm doing at least 2 more tomorrow. I just hit my 7th week :goshawk:

I may of may not have semi-afk ratted for 6 hours straight :ohdear:

This game is taking over my life...

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Drythe posted:

and now i believe distributed to members. My dude can fly a bomber now!

You're doing well in this game... much better than MH. :cosmic2day:

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Hey goons, looking for a Rattle fit. Mainly ratting and eventually want to be able to solo 10/10s. Initial budget plan is 800mil.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

What faction 10/10? As in - can it be active tanked or will there be neuts?

Sansha faction. Cenus Assembly.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

Hmm well a snake is very not ideal. Sansha 10/10 spits a torpedo of pure EM dmg; which your snakes shield tank has 0 natural resist against (other than the resist per level from the hull bonus.)

E: If you have the drone and Gallente BS skills to fly a snake, I woukd be looking at an armour tanked dominix instead of the snake

Interesting. What kind of fit would I need for the domi?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Pulling the trigger on 3 more injectors tomorrow. Grand total of 10 now!

I also have no idea what I want to fly after my drone skills are done. (Currently in a VNI, getting into an Ishtar).

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
So... my main account is 7 weeks old... 10 skill injectors deep.

I just made my third account.

Eve has taken over my life.

(No real money invested).

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Jazzzzz posted:

I get that you rat a lot, but where are you ratting to have put together the better part of 1b a week since you started?

I'll give a really quick run down.

I got a lot of help from my corp and friends. When I started, friends gave me +4 implants and a noctis and told me to salvage all the wrecks from their havens/sanctums. We have a corp member who takes all the salvage in and pays around ~80%. We have another person in the corp that takes in all the misc loot at ~20% under Jita price. I was soloing Havens [slowly] in a Vexor, then upgraded to VNIs after I got some skill training done.

After that it was easy. I would solo 3 sites, then loot/salvage them. Repeat. I sell all 10/10 DED sites for 80-90mil, mixed with a few faction rare spawns. I was making about 80-100m per hour.
Now, I live the high life. I go 2-5 jumps away from my "home" station, some place with little-no red activity and no ratters on the sites I want. I take both Havens (Pirate Gate variant) so I can reotate without waiting 5min for respawn. I drop an MTU on each site I do. After I finish 4 sites (~2 hours) I reship into a hauler that grabs all 4 MTUs and the loot and brings it back to station. Switch the MTUs back to the VNI. Repeat. I have fast haulers parked at almost every single station where I usually rat, so I dont have to bring ships out there. Then I have a 22k cargo hauler in my home station to fetch it once in a while.

My next goal is to have fitted VNIs at all those ratting spots so I can just travel around in an Interceptor.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Oodles posted:

I hope you're training towards an Ishtar.

Actually, I just bought injector #11 yesterday and used it on the last skill I needed and got HAC 2. I dunno what I will use the Ishtar for, but I will try to solo a 6/10 and 7/10 (if the first goes well). Otherwise, the Ishtar will be benched until I find a need.

I won't use to do normal ratting because it might draw more [unwanted] attention from reds. Currently, The VNI and Ishtar will do the same dps, except the latter's drones will track better. Unless that tracking bonus is the biggest thing since Drones 5, it's not worth having the extra isk on grid.

My VNI is like 100-110m fully fitted. My Ishtar will be around 300mil. And both will (presumably) clear combat sites the same speed.

Also, the Ishtar gives me 100+ drone range, but that is irrelevant for anomalies because orbiting at 30 allows me to drop MTUs closer to the rats and recall drones faster in case of red fleet.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How the gently caress did you become such an experienced bitter vet in such a short time? :psyduck:

I've been a goon for a long time. Some skills carry over.

Also, how do the npc faction DED sites stack up? Like Sansha, Serpentis, etc? Thanks.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
I need help with drone selection. I am fighting Sansha nation and I assumed Amarr drones that deal EM are the best. I become aware today that Gallente have 1.92x instead of the Amarr 1.68x damage multi. I dunno how the dps differs.

Edit: it's actually Amarr 1.68 vs Gallente 1.92.

FranktheBank fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 31, 2016

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

jm20 posted:

Use Thermal

I believe you. I would just want to see why?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

jm20 posted:

:monocle: I'm wrong they changed things with drones. Between Thermal/EM use the highest trained specialization. Honestly though, don't train EM and just use thermal

Assume I have both drone specs at 3.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
I finally completed my ratting fleet. I have a fitted VNI, a fitted hauler and 4 MTUs at 5 different stations other than my home one. I have a travel fit Trist to go between them, working towards an Interceptor.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

necrotic posted:

come back when you are 8boxing carriers to rat.

Thatsthedream.jpg

Libluini posted:

If you have both at the same, take Amarr drones. They have slightly better tracking and range then Gallente-drones. Together with EM being the best damage type against Sansha, welp do the math.

Alright. It's probably not enough to matter anyway.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

bluegoon posted:

Do people actually loot rats in anomalies? Or do you do just rotate to the next group? Which is more profitable? I tried looting a bunch in my caracal but it was a complete bitch.

I posted earlier my system. I carry 4 MTUs on my VNI. I do 4 Havens, dropping MTUs on every site as I go. After the 4th site clears, I grab my hauler from the station and go scoop up the 4 MTUs + loot. 4 sites averages about 30mil and It takes me 5-7 minutes to reships, grab everything, and reship back to VNI. Highly worth.

bluegoon posted:

edit: just read up on this, seems people use a remote tractor, but sounds like anyone can destroy it and just be flagged as suspect, so probably not worth using it anyway.

Are you in hisec? I dunno how it works there. In null, everyone is suspect, even if they're blue. Even if their you're brother IRL.

FranktheBank fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jun 1, 2016

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
So, ratting fleet is highly successful. Looking at doing 8/10s and 10/10s solo. For now, I have 1 account to solo it with. (The other accounts aren't gonna have injectors for a while) I saw some Golem, Paladin, and Tengu fits that said 10/10 solo. I was curious on how active they are?

What I mean by active is am I like turning off 1 active, activating another and in general lots of micro. I am too dumb and bad for that.

I -assume- I only have two options:

Get a ship that lands on grid, orbits something and fire whatever (assuming missiles) and deploy drones.
or
Get a ship that jump drives to somewhere, sits and tanks while firing stuff.

DISCLAIMER: I have a very, very, very limited knowledge about fits and weapons and pretty much everything that isn't drone boat ratting in a VNI. So if my assumptions are incorrect, let me know.

The more information the better. You might have to explain it like i'm an idiot because I am.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
My sock is full. My schedule was clear. I ratted for 16 hours today (took a 3 hour break in the middle to take care of a 6 year old). Made 700m in ticks, 10/10 sold for 90m, ~150m loot, and 3 loving faction spawns. One happened to be good and dropped ~190m implant.

Pretty great day. :homebrew:

Now, need the solo sansha 10/10 fit!

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
I heard a lot of good things about the Tengu soloing Sansha 10/10s. Killing only what needs to be killed to go to the next room. What kind of fit would I be looking at?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

ullerrm posted:

Push button on fit and it fits multiple versions of that ship+fit as long as available modules/hulls/ammo allow.

:vince:

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
So the only thing that ever stops my ratting escapades are Dread spawns.

I dont have access to cap ships. What is another ship I could use to tank the dread while I clear all the rats in the wave? I don't need to kill the dread, just survive it while I finish the wave.

*Posted this in Eve recipes to no avail*

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

ullerrm posted:

Ishtar, HML Nighthawk/Tengu, or anything else that is capable of dealing DPS from 90km away while on the move (and ideally, without capacitor). Warp out as soon as the dread spawns, warp back in at 100.

The dread's gun and tackle max out at 70km, and the neut at 90-100.

Could a Proteus tank it? A buddy tried an ishtar. He orbited at 100, which put him at 108ish range and the dread destroyed him.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Whats the neut resistance stacking like now?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

ullerrm posted:

Yep. In exchange for all those positives I mentioned, the Svipul has only mediocre range (~12km with close range ammo, ~44km with Tremor), and you have to sacrifice a significant amount of tank in order to put artillery on it. It really shines with ACs.

In comparison, Beam Confessors and Rail Hecates can hit out to 60+, can do so while packing a full armor tank, and can do more DPS at that range with Aurora/Spike than a Svipul can with Tremor. They definitely scale up to 40+ people better than a Svipul, at the cost of not being as dominant in small/micro/solo gang.

I'm super noob on the subject, but as I understand it, Arti is for the high alpha (like gate camps) and ACs is for actual fighting. I'm guessing the ACs fit drops the sebo for some tank in mid.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
[Svipul, Arti Svipul]

Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Power Diagnostic System II
IFFA Compact Damage Control

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Warp Disruptor II
Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script
Medium F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender

280mm Howitzer Artillery II, Tremor S
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Small Ancillary Current Router II
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
Small Targeting System Subcontroller I

This is what I have fitted up for our next gate camp.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Landsknecht posted:

replace the pg rig and PDS with a t2 or navy MAPC

edit: IMO this is a bit better, just a bit more bling (prob 70mil with ammo and paste) but needs good/ok fitting skills

Yeah, I need to injector Cap 5 to fit the MAPC2. Thanks for the fit though.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Whelped ~400mil today testing ways I could clear a combat site wave that has a dread on it.

Gila is a nope.

Myrmidon is so close, but if you bounce off a rock (pirate gate havens) or the dread decides to use its AB, you're dead.

I guess I'll have to use a t3c.

Side note: Does anyone know what dps the npc dreads are doing? Sansha is particular?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Reverand maynard posted:

well once you engage the drones you can pull range out to 249 km and the drones will continue to engage.

Are these with sentries? With Heavies, once i hit about 65km, rats will aggro my drones.

Also, the dread can hit out to ~400km

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Reverand maynard posted:

Any drone, once you have engaged them on a target, will continue to shoot that target until the drone ship and the target move 250km or more away from one another. So yes it works with sentries but the target still take into effect their own optimal and falloff in regards to whether they actually do damage.

Then the issue still falls under the first part, if you get too far away from the rats, the rats will attack the drones.

• Locked thread