Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

wit posted:

So should I play EVE without goons? Against goons? I'm confused and you all sound bored stupid of a loveless bad game and I hate when mummy and daddy fight.

Or daddy and daddy fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Beeme posted:

Is this a bad time to start playing EVE with Goons?

Its actually is the best time.

I wouldn't get too distracted by all the ~lets splinter goons~ efforts of various people.

- "The Imperium" is the biggest and most prominent corp and has a good newbie processing from I have been told. (I am here myself but I don't know wtf.) Go here if you want to work with internet important people and get internet important. (It can actually be fun if you like the actual game.)

- "Groon" will treat you like the poo poo you are, and its all about wreaking havoc while doing gay moves infront of your webcam to finance your next 20 Rifters. (Its the best choice.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yw403GMyDw

- DJ "Ten Dollar Bond" is like when I think about ye olden times in World of Warcraft when I was an important officer in Molten Core Raiding and I want that time back. I am 40 now and last time I fell for Wildstar and by now I think its all poo poo and a waste of my time -like EVE actually- but YMMMV. DJ is a good guy but he will quit in a few months because he will lose interest: rightfully so. Here is a Cheer video for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsKbwR7WXN4

Oh and the rest: its people that have a super complicated history with everything and are very good at the game - you will be tested in a lot of ways and a lot of complicated things and all that, I don't care about those as I get mostly rejected when I ask now and then if they want to have me with them.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
I am also mildly drunk by now. Don't judge. Thanks.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

dogboy posted:

Oh and the rest: its people that have a super complicated history with everything and are very good at the game - you will be tested in a lot of ways and a lot of complicated things and all that, I don't care about those as I get mostly rejected when I ask now and then if they want to have me with them.

By that I mean its PL (Pandemic Legion) who have a hategrudge against us for several years I don't know and sadly doing pretty bad at this. They throw pretty complicated and expensive ships at us now and then but they are actually a small group of people that happen to use buffer groups of "other people" regularly which they poo poo on right after whatever superduper event they planned in advantage.

Its really a recurring thing. Lie down with the dogs, wake up with fleas. (In this case: wake up with your poo poo killmailed because ElitePVP need juicy killmails.)

I hope we piss all over you PL guys and all your plans like we did a lot over the last years and make you even more mad because you suck hahaha.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

Hi, in the spirit of :eonwe: we like to chillpost and avoid the dumb slapfighting over an equally dumb spaceship video game.

You should take your sperging and "d-name" level posting to the other thread. You'll fit right in.

Oh whups that was supposed to go into another thread but I got a little confused having a few beers and waiting for Game of Thrones to start!

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

In an abstract way of course, I bet most people in PL are nice and chill people IRL - I mean even Fozzie looks like a nice and sympathetic guy on the fanfest streams that I'd have a beer with, although I consider the changes his name got tagged on objectively bad and all that; but time will tell I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
And where do those headaches and that thirst come from? Goddamn.

• Locked thread