Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Red Crown posted:

The fiery, glorious war against BoB is essentially our superhero origin story movie that's so good you keep going back to it even though they made a sequel which was pretty good (Fountain) and a threequel which was mostly boring but had this one absolutely amazing scene (the Halloween war and B-R5).

The war against BoB wasn't an origin story, goons literally won eve when they took delve/querious. BoB was the big, final boss, and after fighting for years goons managed to take all their nice stuff, which at the time was the best in eve.

Besides the fountain war GSF also purged evZEROke from CR, smacked IT/Bob mk. II out of fountain/delve/querious (again), purged the north a while after the old NC had fallen, won the fountain war, and won the halloween war. GSF was non-stop wininng.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

OAquinas posted:

Well, to be fair after we beat the final boss we Rocky'd ourselves by letting Paulie handle the finances when we went to Russia and wound up broke and back on the streets of Syndicate. Then we built back up and started kicking rear end again, to finally knock out Big Bad mk II of IT.

wasn't getting karttoon'd kind of a good thing? hadn't the leadership at that point let a lot of fundamental relationships atrophy, as well as not done anything for the better part of 6 months?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Magres posted:

nah the problem is that i know eve just isnt the game for me - i love the high drama and the ruthlessness of the game, but the gameplay itself bores me to tears

like watching my guns cycle for a few minutes as something dies does nothing for me :(

I think you kind of have to find your thing? I really was never that into fleet stuff (take fleetwarp and hit f1), but flying around in an interceptor and jumping people in lowsec was pretty killer

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Eonwe posted:

Sushi is good

i think the good/bad thing about sushi is that if you go to a place where people put in effort (aka japan or the bay) people actually know wtf they're doing and it's pure excellence

whenever I've been anywhere inland I've stayed far away from what will probably be bad poo poo

btw on eve is goon kill yet?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

LemonDrizzle posted:

Solo pvp is tremendously fun but has a pretty steep learning curve and can be very frustrating at times when things don't go your way; if you don't make the effort to get over the learning curve, the frustrations are almost guaranteed to overwhelm the positives. Combat can be very profitable if you choose your engagements carefully and minimise risk, although that tends to be a less fun way of playing the game in my opinion. Ratting is straight up dreadful but some other forms of pve can be mildly engaging. There are a lot of things you can potentially do, and since it's a sandbox game, you kind of have to define goals for yourself if you want to get much out of it. As a new player, your best bet will be to join a corporation that is geared towards newbies and can offer guidance and explain the game mechanics. Goonwaffe or Karmafleet would normally be a good choice, although they're in a sticky spot at the moment. Pandemic Horde, Eve University, Dreddit, and Brave Newbies are also good new player friendly corps, although if you join Horde or Dreddit you'll be at war with most goons who currently play.

Solo pvp is about understanding a few game mechanics, but mostly about picking your fights. If you're good at choosing fights you'll win a lot more than you'll lose.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Tusen Takk posted:

I'm going to kill this rifter with my BC this is one of the best battles I could choose

*two arazu uncloak once you aggress*

yeah but in lowsec you generally have about 10 people per system max, and that's pushing it, if a few are from the same corp and are not docked up I'd suggest avoiding fights

there are ok fights in FW plexes (usually some guys in t1 frigs farming them), and sometimes you'll get lucky and catch a cruiser belt ratting

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
the easiest pvp that I'm really sad they got rid of was friendly-fire hisec corp pvp where I could blow up miners with no penalty but employment history

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Tusen Takk posted:

Wait you can't Awox people in highsec now??? :saddowns:

nope thanks :ccp:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Magres posted:

is a cloaky blaster proteus still good for solo pvp and ganking people out in null? i always wanted to fly one when i played eve before, and the war has made me want to resub and accumulate sp in the hopes of one day having fun

well kinda? It'll be less useful across the north where people tank against kin/therm for ratting, but if you want to afk cloak 23/7 you could probably end up with some kills

probably not as effective as camping a pipe gate with a sabre

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
what's a really good t1 frigate for going into FW plexes?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

dragonstalking posted:

Dramiel or Comet.

i just tried out a worm and a killed a coercer and tristan (at the same time!) but then i died to a hookbill

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

The worm active tanks really well with drugs, boosts, and crystals. I think it maxes out at 750 ehp/s but that's with HG crystals and atype invuln and shield booster.

yeah, but it still kinda sucks when you're up against a dude who has an offgrid tengu booster and you don't

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

somnolence posted:

After your wallet blinks for the first time from a scam your thirst will be insatiable.

it's an amazingly fun thing to do; when I first started doing it I remember just taking money, but after a while it was fun to figure out creative ways to fleece someone out of everything they own

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Xolve posted:

I braved the wilds of Saranen local to import ships for honorable space combat with you.

it's like the knights of olde

what's going on chill thread? any space happenings today?

I was out roaming in my svipul (the one i didnt lose in hisec cause i forgot about criminal timers or w/e) and I killed this weird mordus rat and got a 200mil BPC

it was an ok lowsec adventure

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

mpaarating posted:

This. Lyris, you need to join groon with some buddies and we'll all chill and have fun in moderation.

what is groon even doing these days is it chill?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

mpaarating posted:

I've heard rumors that they are in synd and that its filling with chill dudes. I cannot confirm it firsthand though.

i played with groon once or twice wayback in like 09/10 when pyrion was doing stuff 3x a week before he got dota-famous

it was really weird seeing pyrion get dota famous after flying around in 10man gangs for quite a while with him

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

nessin posted:

Is there a collected list of all the Citadel information that hasn't made it into a blog on the CCP side? Or has, but has been filtered down to actual information. Really curious, now that I've toyed with them on the test server, how much CCP expects them to cost and keep fueled (per service used) or what the final skill requirements look like.

i think the different sizes have vastly different requirements and they're probably just like a wayyy better pos? if you're a smalltime alliance I could see you putting one up in NPC 0.0 or w/e and chilling

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Syndic Thrass posted:

I also melted down a spaceman today and it put me back topside of 100b liquid :toot:

you should send me some of that cause I'm spacepoor, thanks in advance

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

should've scammed goonfleetswarm dummies better huh :smugdog:

well you know how these things happen

now that i've come back i realize how much i forgot (like all the reaction stuff in pvp) which is kinda weird cause you never notice it when you play eve too much

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
i think it's called osmium or something? google it

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Syndic Thrass posted:

Also, Ordo, didnt you make enough from bluefucking in your prime?

hey man can't fault a dude for trying

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
for a chill roam everyone could just make 10 hour destroyer chars and roam around lowsec looking to blow stuff up?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
hey chill thread is there still a discord channel to chill on?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

CommonShore posted:

Making them regional would be the simplest solution. If each moon goo appeared only in a certain region, or 50% of a kind's supply came from one region and 50% in the entire rest of the galaxy, then it would be way more of a macro-conflict driver.

this was kinda how it worked for the longest time? Delve/querious/pb had the best/most valuable moon balance in game for a long time (until 6 months after goons took delve, thanks :ccp:), and then technetium was heavily balanced around the north, which made certain entities super-rich

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
it's even harder to catch carriers unless they're really dumb, but people STILL like to agress them, idgi

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Denis posted:

there should be a chill squad in game and chill mumble channel.

go to pgs and there's a link to the discord with an eve channel

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Syndic Thrass posted:

AmZEROkDOTTE

i can't even tell if this is ironic anymore

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Syndic Thrass posted:

Tbh most people on gf dot com don't even get it anymore. Someone asked me what corp that was when I wrote it that way in a post one time.

well NC. has a corp logo with the text "NCDOT" so i don't know if people really get the pre-2010 humor anymore at all

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Krogort posted:

Heavy missiles are so bad that I wouldn't be surprised if rapid light had better sustained dps on most things even counting the terrible reload.

heavy missiles have better dps on any BS sized hulls, but especially for pvp applications rapid lights are amazing, not taking into account reload times

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Jazzzzz posted:

Am I stupid (this is possible) or do I have to create an entirely new trial account for this link to work?

"Recruit accounts must be created using the links provided in the Recruit Program invitation email or that provided on https://secure.eveonline.com/recruit/invite.aspx . Be sure your friends use a Recruit Program invitation to create their account in order for you to earn your reward when they subscribe to EVE Online"

Is there a way to get you your PLEX if I already have an active trial?

yeah you can't do it with an account that's been started

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

Could I do similar with an archon? I have a focused carrier ratting alt I'm not using whatsoever currently and was highly considering just extracting to sell the goo; but in the interests of trying everything in eve once all this level 5 talk has got me interested

you have a pretty high setup cost - 1 carrier per system usually, which is 3-7 carriers depending on where you are

once you have that though, and standings of 7+, you're good to go; just watch out for the lowsec inhabitants who "own" these constellations and love probing out caps

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

nessin posted:

Wouldn't it be even safer now because you have no range problems? You can align towards your warp out point 100% of the time and never have to worry about losing lock for your fighters.

probably, but you could also get scanned down by a non-d-scannable recon then dropped

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Xenothral posted:

I might have to throw an application in to [RVCMF] since this corp I'm in is pretty much dead. Then I could putter around in my Skiff and munch space rocks.

is the corp you're in goonwaffe?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
you know for all this posturing about how great the cfc was, it leads me to think that it mustn't have been all that good if the change of 1 game mechanic (aegis sov) leads to the complete loss of the will to fight and the loss of most sov

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

At the moment a majority of GoonSwarms former enemies (PL, NC., Darkness, etc.) have teamed up to attack the CFC/The Imperium (CFC's new name). They also brought along with them a bunch of Lowsec guys who also have an axe to grind, along with people like The OSS who are predominantly former GSF members from Black Omega Security. So far the CFC/Imperium have lost all but 1 region, Pure Blind, while staging out of Lowsec for the time being. There's been some tit for tat in Fade as the enemy of CFC/Imperium, called The Money Badger Coalition, has take all the regions previously held. That's the main war going on right now int he norther. Out in Drone Lands, Legion of Death have made peace with SOLAR Fleet and their two respective coalitions have teamed up to make the Drone Region Federation mostly making it so Drone Lands is a renter space. In the south & south east Stain Wagon have held sov for a little over a year now. The Southwest is a hodgepodge of stuff, Querious is a bit of a thunderdome but with the exception that everyone there has agreements not to attack sov structures of the other guys. Delve is sort of the same to a degree. Darius JOHNSON also returned, got the old GoonSwarm alliance back off Penif Smash and is doing his own thing with some Goons down in NPC Delve. In Fountain you have a bunch of Fountain Core guys who took sov and are doing their own thing mostly avoiding the war in the north.

also an important thing is that eve is seeing a lot of returning/new people so all of space is now more active than it has been for the past 18months or so

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

I'd argue this is a bit out of date at the moment.

Most of the lowsec groups have hosed off to their own parties now, and more than a few of the minor nullsec powers have wandered home as well. What remains in force appears to be Horde/TEST and to a lesser degree Waffles (hosed if I've seen a single waffles pilot during this whole thing, but I'm told they are around) with PL and NC. squatting in X-70, and Sorts garbage coalition in deklein.

The elephants in the room are of course PL and NC.. Without their support sweeping the rest off the board would be a doable thing.

Horde is primarily being picked on as the "Weak Link" but I'm not entirely sure that they ARE the weakest link at the moment. I'd say the various parties squatting in Dek are.

Waffles managed to get a hell of a lot of kills/action basing out of fade

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
so yesterday I scanned some astero down and killed him with my future-space-dildo (stratios)

he was mad

but that was the first scan->kill I've had in a while and it was nice

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
slicer is pretty decent, for 15mil you get a nice kiter

once you can fly those go and spend a lot more on a garmur with a 30k point

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Darium posted:

Slicers can deff. be a pain if flown by someone with decent skills.

Garmurs on the other hand, are just another level of "troll". The speed they can reach and how easy they can kite most things around are just sick.

PL guys still manage to lose 500mil+ garmurs to bubble camps and other dumb poo poo

if you're smart enough to use dscan and sit inside a novice fw plex (t1 frig only) at about 25 off the warpin with a garmur you'll rack up kills like crazy though, unless someone shows up with a worm (or another garmur) at which point you just gently caress off

IMO novice plexes are a great opportunity since the gating gives you enough time to get out, and the worst possible thing that will show up is a frig gang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Jazzzzz posted:

isn't that kinda his own fault for not watching d-scan and cloaking up?

i think when people are doing exploration (I've never done it) they kinda watch the hacking/whatever interface and not dscan

don't care though, as long as i can create some ~non-consensual pvp~

• Locked thread