Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

remember when this was the chill thread? go back to the shitflinging thread with that, and let us talk about bad fits here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

The Widow is the best BLOPS in the game.

this is the kind of unchill i can get behind (fly sins)

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

RhoA posted:

Where's Tim "Don't fly it unless you have at least level 4 of the skill" Neilson when you need him? :v:

You know damned well that's for t2 hulls, toystory.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

madjack posted:

nah im pretty sure tim said that for everything

i mean probably, but it's true for t2 hulls. and mostly true for t1, that poo poo trains fast

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

ullerrm posted:

I'm retired from space jobs. I'm not retired from pew pew entirely.

I'm up for pew and/or running practices and advice if we actually win the random draw, for once. 90% of AT success is having people show up.

Spoken like a man who's done AT work with GROON.

Then again based on that record maybe don't AT, it kills people dead from EVE.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

LemonDrizzle posted:

Getting people to show up for practices is important, but 90% of that is making sure practices are fun so people turn up of their own volition rather than having to be badgered. If you're running a team right and have good sparring partners, the AT practice experience for a regular member of the team should be: you log in -> you are handed a fitted ship -> you undock and immediately have a small gang fight with an interesting composition against skillful opponents -> you dock back up and have a quick chat about how the fight went -> you are handed another fitted ship -> rinse and repeat.

i had this and it was great. sometimes i helped a little with the logistics, but not too much. this is not why at practice causes burnout.

Logistics, theorycrafting, and freighter lossmails cause burnout. Also practice partners repeatedly bailing causes burnout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

madjack posted:

You mean hilarity.

yes, yes i do.

• Locked thread