Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
why is there a new thread? Are we going to keep two lovely threads alive alive the same time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Eonwe posted:

I thought it'd be funny to be basically the same name as the other thread

The intro post for this thread is actually the post it deserves. Endie's posts were always promising a game that doesn't exist.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Syndic Thrass posted:

Nina just said it in amok jabber. You and jokine, I'm making a formal protest though

I should've dropped my other character first. I'd slow brained it. Although Jokine had been in BOS for about a year now...

Sorry I made Nina mad :(

I did shoot FCON today though. Been waiting 5 years to shoot FCON :v:

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Syndic Thrass posted:

I think as long as you don't shoot blues while blue it's bullshit that you aren't welcomed back with open arms.
Ya, had I wanted to goonfuck, I would have. I was asked multiple to spy goons/AWOX and said no because I enjoyed playing with you guys and didn't want to gently caress anyone over. Again, I should've checked all my characters. Oh well, live and learn.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Eonwe posted:

mushrooms are great if you prepare them right

they add like an earthy note, idk how to explain it

Probably because mushrooms are awfully earthy

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

gently caress you

Reported for unchill.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Tusen Takk posted:

I'm sorry, I had a moment of unchillness

Namaste, friend

Actually this thread should be moved to BYOB

Reported for unchill

There, I evened things out.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Denis posted:

so chill people who is still playing ?

I'm just here to tell you about my lord and saviour

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
I'm starting to get too in game poor to pvp. Time to run missions I guess :rip:

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
I'm real glad this thread exists. So... who knows how to get into Groon now? Just wanna spaceships and chill, you know?

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Bonfire Lit posted:

please take eve in moderation this time lyris, don't burn out again over siegefleets

This. Lyris, you need to join groon with some buddies and we'll all chill and have fun in moderation.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Landsknecht posted:

what is groon even doing these days is it chill?

I've heard rumors that they are in synd and that its filling with chill dudes. I cannot confirm it firsthand though.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

hes in bos anyway

Wrong thread deadtear.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

hes in bos anyway

You should join groon on a dude and play eve with us! (Not being sarcastic, I mean it)

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

not now, not ever

Wrong thread deadtear.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Reverand maynard posted:

gank fleet and/or frig roam would be fun. we'd need to go to lowsec, provi, or russian space to find people none of us are blue to

accidentally ganking a blue freighter in hisec while in fleet with xolve, unfunny and mandozer would be funny

This is actually a good idea.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Syndic Thrass posted:

Good news chill thread I just got us diplomatic approval for our Sunday roam

:hfive:

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

protip: dont shoot blues, don't get in trouble

proer-tip: don't have blues.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

i dont like beer

:laffo: come back to this thread when your balls drop and you get your union card.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

hello jokine, maybe you meant to try talking that weak poo poo in one of the other threads and not this one

Jeez dude. this is the chill thread, I'm not trying to start poo poo here. I'm sorry if I was rude and offer my very cheerful internet companionship as recompense.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
the chill thread looks out for its own.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
I think I just implied you are chill. :rip:

So I have decided to try to get to the point where I can run l5 missions, but I am starting at l1s. :suicide:

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

get your social skills up (in game and out #gotem)

you can pay for standings, you can also smash out cosmos/sisters of eve arc

Ya, I've started the cosmos a couple of times and always stopped (usually because I had other income sources.) I don't know why I keep thinking PVE in EVE is different than PVE in any other game.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

bonewitch posted:

nonsciolist or whatever is koshka right

nonsciolist is nonsciolist , koshka is not non

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Drythe posted:

Do you just do the normal "send me isk and I double it" line? I'll give it a try tonight and probably go broke

P sure preencleeve is trolling you. I'd ignore this advice.

Preencleeve get out the chill thread.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Drythe posted:

I trusted the chill thread to not be the unchill thread :(

I mean, its possible this works. I have tried this thing once before (literally what he's describing) and definitely came out in the red. I guess that doesn't mean it can't ever work though, so ymmv

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

VideoGames posted:

This thread is staying because it is so chill. Never fear friends!

EDIT: Also I warned about being unchill in the other thread and the consequences!

:woop:

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Unfunny Poster posted:

With the AT around the corner, and all the recent stuff I've been doing to help out the EVE_NT guys I've had a lot of fund doing the ~esport poo poo in EVE.

I kind of wish CCP would make a battle arena game (like WoW Arena or Bloodline Champions) but with the EVE ships on 20% time and just charge like $15 for it. I know it's not going to happen for a lot of reasons both related to CCP and because EVE is an MMO, but if someone were to ever do a space themed battle arena using the EVE bumping etc. mechanics I'd play the poo poo out of that.

It's called dreadnought

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Unfunny Poster posted:

Dreadnought is OK but not really what I was getting at for the feeling etc. with regards to the mechanics.

Also the ships in Dreadnought move way too slow for my liking.

It's the best game like that. I hear what you're saying though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Unfunny Poster posted:

If they upped the speed and made it less of a "aim the turret from the turret's POV" kind of game, and more akin to EVE's lock on, shoot, or even Dota/BLC/WoW's isometric view with an indicator of where an attack will go it'd be closer to what I was imagining. Basically tactical view in EVE with a locked camera.

Like I said, if CCP see what the EVE NT Fight Club thing is (which is basically pre-fit ships akin to heroes in a battle arena) and see that it's actually much more entertaining that'd be cool to see them maybe make a standalone game for. If not and its some other dev that does it cool. Hell I even think CCP could do it, but as a publisher and work with a studio to make it under a license but I'm not a CCP bigwig so maybe that idea isn't really feasible.

The only issue is that for a lot of people that poo poo is kinda boring to watch (with current eve mechanics). If it were more a spaceship skinned version of DOTA than that might become a popular thing. Actually I have no idea what makes poo poo popular because I think DOTA is garbage. Carry on.

• Locked thread