Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wit
Jul 26, 2011

Unguided posted:

I tried EVE when humble bundle was selling it for a penny. I want my penny back.

I heard its like Excel, except if you don't fill out your spreadsheets on time it calls you rude things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wit
Jul 26, 2011
So should I play EVE without goons? Against goons? I'm confused and you all sound bored stupid of a loveless bad game and I hate when mummy and daddy fight.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Jazzzzz posted:

is there a way to make the icons for ships/rocks/whatever you've targeted permanently stay wherever you drag them to? You can move the target icons and they'll stay there until you blow the target up or unlock it, but new target icons always appear back in the top of my EVE client.
As far as I can remember (weeks since I played), its a UI setting (I permanently moved all my targets down to the bottom). Bottom right of your rings, beside your speed there's a settings button.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Reverand maynard posted:

that post didn't really make sense but Im really tired

Chill thread. And love means never having to say you're sorry.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Carth Dookie posted:

I've wondered about that.

New players in an injector era EVE have a much more obvious path to higher SP than pre injector new players. I'm curious about the difference in attitude it breeds.

They'll probably just be the same as me but instantly. I've had EVE a few months and haven't really left dock or logged in for maybe the last two of them. But I'll be damned if my character's skill queue ever empties out. Its basically like sending the little poo poo to boarding school so you can forget about him but make sure he's still breathing. In terms of ability, I've gone from someone who can shoot and transport hi-sec rocks at a mediocre rate to someone who can fly a raptor to just above level 3 mastery. Never been on the winning side of any PVP though, and beyond the SoE arc in PVE I was pretty challenged. So when I do get back into the game I'll be in the middle of the ocean with water wings flailing.

wit
Jul 26, 2011
Is it possible to play eve with modern music? It has to be 70s and 80s type chill funk or electro or something for me, I don't think the pace suits anything else. Lipps Inc, Kajgoogoo, Erasure, Duran Duran. Its not even my generation but nothing else paces well with it in my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Endie posted:

I have a spotify playlist of a couple of hundred ambient house tracks - Apex Twin, Future Sound of London, Autechre, Boards of Canada etc - and I find that works really well for me.

You have A++ musical taste, but any time I play good music like this, it takes my mind of the bad game. Bad music for bad game helps me.

• Locked thread