Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
SC is the joke that never stops being funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Michaellaneous posted:

a good op

on a level from 1 to eonwe, whats your shitposting level?

I'd say at D_Smart level.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope you guys have are having a good day.

I'm having a fantastic one :toot:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CashEnsign posted:

Is it your cake day or something Hendrik?

I am having a good day too. Putting my new PC together. I forgot to order RAM though

No, though I won't lie I could really go for some cake right now.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I won't lie, I'm a bit jealous of Deadtear getting a golden Outworld Devourer courier in his Dota 2 compendium.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

pee pee doo doo, it is a bad game

I enjoy it. I mean I play EVE so it can't be any worst.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sheepdemon posted:

My favourite thing is when people loudly proclaim how much they don't use reddit but then instantly know about every single thread that badmouths them within 5 minutes of it being posted.

Same. Especially when they say they care little about what Reddit says, but then talk about what Reddit is saying/posting daily.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

there are no good eve forums or eve threads on forums. here, reddit, eve-o, fhc, kugu, goonfleet.com

these are all bad eve forums.

Because those forums reflect the game appropriately.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jan 28, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought this was the MMO HMO chat thread?

I'm a confused old man.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

this thread is whatever you want it to be

This is now the Deadtear Memorial Rehabilitation Center for Good Posting.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mittani doesn't run the TMC twitter, Kcolor does.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

we did it reddit

yeah doesn't matter got upvotes

You're an upvote whore Globby.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Never not remind Marlona Sky he posted other players IRL info while trying to smug post on FHC Goons on at least two different occasions.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fix Lag posted:

whoa when was this

First time was him posting logs from TMC's general chat channel. Because of how some people had their stuff setup (mostly using Adium) the logs had their IRL names due to the login info being like Fix_Lag@JohnDoesMac.com or whatever, so it had their IRL names. The same sort of thing also was how a few people's IRL email addresses were also included in those logs.

When he was called out on it he doubled down and first said there was no IRL info, then swapped over to just acting pedantic and obtuse over it and ignored all the people telling him off. Lucia Denniard, who hosted the logs iirc, didn't know so she removed them really quickly after being told.

The second time was when he posted Skype logs from the PL IT thing a few weeks back that included one of the PL IT guys IRL name. Again, he said he didn't know that was in there (which is silly since you know, he would have seen it had he read them), and again doubled down etc. Grath got really mad about it since it was someone's IRL info he was good friends with and a guy who genuinely wasn't involved in the poo poo, just a bystander.

Marlona is a punk bitch is basically what it boils down to.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kimsemus posted:

I was still writing for TMC when Marlona got dumped, in fact it was Marlona who helped get myself and other non-CFC writer hired at TMC. I seem to remember a pretty systematic narrative being crafted against Marlona, and he was"fired" because he bucked against the editors and the changes they wanted to make to his articles. He was fired because they said he was difficult to work with, and wouldn't respond well to the "changing" culture of TMC. This is what was posted in the bullpen where we all communicated privately.

I was also in NCdot with Marlona for his entire time there (and well after) and he was pretty active especially on alts but spent much of his time doing support activities, scanning, scouting, etc, and devoted a lot of time working for TMC, something for a long time he took great pride in.

My perspective, since I was there both in alliance with him, and working for TMC and in the bullpen with the editors, is that they wanted to cast him out, so they found a reason to. They kept justsharkbait and I, the two other NCdot writers for the site, because (their words) we were easier to work with and more agreeable, and consistently garnered far higher page views (to be fair, I mostly cherry picked articles I knew would get views, and I was openly critical about ncdot/PL even as a member which the TMC audience liked).

I don't know about the log dump, I know it happened well after he was terminated, but I think Marlona had some justification to believe that there was some kind of cabal against him. I'm not saying I believe it, but from his perspective I can see why it was completely plausible.

From my perspective, at TMC, you're fairly treated and viewed as a friend and asset, right up to the point where you're not. I was terminated from TMC for the same kind of allegeded reasons as Marlona, but it's no coincidence it was at the same time I was also kicked from goonswarm.

Marlona after being kicked from TMC generally become kind of a piece of poo poo though, both in alliance and in private, saying I should quit too and I was a traitor for not walking out after he got fired. His perspective on issues became very skewed and he had a massive axe to grind after that point.

Basically, having been there before and after personally, the whole affair caused him to go kind of off the deep end.

He got fired because he was a manchild who couldn't handle people editing his writing, constantly stirred up poo poo, and the final nail was when he misattributed a quote by Travis Musgrat saying "get lynched" (something you don't really want to do on a news site) in a piece that he admitted to making up quotes for.

Ultimately, his lovely attitude and incessant "i'm too good to be edited, asked to write a piece, etc." that led to him being fired more than any single incident. People were just sick of his poo poo. The guy who decided to fire him wasn't GSF/CFC affiliated either, he was a legit editor/writer and was basically tired of having to baby Marlona while trying to run the site and work with a dozen other writers who were less of a hassle.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kimsemus posted:

My full name is in my email in those logs, it was pretty funny tbh. :toot:

And by funny I mean awkward and annoying.

There were, as far as I can tell, at least three different people's IRL names/email addresses included in those logs.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kimsemus posted:

Yeah, I remember the "get lynched" thing now that you say it. I never said he got kicked for being in NCdot or not being affiliated with GSF or anything. I'm not even questioning the merits of why he got kicked as I felt like we basically told the same story. I distinctly remember it was editing disagreements as the catalyst for his removal, I just felt like he had ALWAYS been like this, and it was simply tolerated until people felt like it shouldn't be anymore, which coincided with a change in leadership structure at TMC and editorial staff.

Yeah pretty much. It was also funny given that he tried to spin it as a "NCdot are being forced out" when it really was just him being a shithead who no one felt like dealing with anymore.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Berious posted:

I was at B-R. For me putting elite pvp in their place was as satisfying as killing Band of Brothers. Literally for months they'd been sperging on Kugu about how they own at supers and once they catch goons with their pants down we're done. Then we get pretty equal numbers and just obliterate them. Even better we won in no small part because the elite pvpers made a bunch of bad calls, like at first focusing on killing dreadnaughts and when the finally switched to titans going for one that would obviously be supertanked (in contrast we left Sir Molle's until the mopping up phase). Such a cool battle and a sweet victory. We'll never see it's like again :saddowns:

Nickfuzzeh has at least two years of PLEX from the referral codes people used from his 20 hour stream of that fight.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

justsharkbait posted:

My problem was that after that someone used it to cause NCdot to turn on those of us who wrote for TMC. I couldn't get interviews after battles, and in fleets people in my own corp became hostile like I was relaying information. Which if i recall, TMC didn't encourage that as they wanted to keep the site a news site and not an intel dump.

That is the ultimate reason I left NCDot and joined GSF. I felt ran off just because I liked to write about EVE on TMC.

Then once kim got kicked from TMC and GSF I left both too since i knew the back story on why. It is funny now to look back on it, but it was all pretty frustrating back then as i like to write and it ruined the enjoyment of writing for EVE.

Yeah, that was one side affect that was pretty idiotic. NC. aren't really known for not being idiots.

Also the Kimsemus/ArcheAge drama is on equal level of being idiotic.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crew posted:

Did you really though. I remember PL guys cheerleading in the twitch chat talking about a titan-heavy ustz presence hoping the tide would turn.

Even the kill counters on Nicks stream were wildly inaccurate and it was only the next day when ccp released the official 59-16 number that it turned into a turbodunk.

It was pretty well known N3PL were hosed from the outset. USTZ might have been able to swing things but it was the same situation as G-3 or HED-GP was, whichever fight it was a few weeks earlier where the CFC got dumpstered hard because they didn't show up on time.

crew posted:

I tried to google back through the sands of time to see who all had what on field from the various dscans that day but it appears most scans were done on dingos broken rear end website.

Hey Hendrick do you guys have those numbers internally? All the ccp data is about what died and not what was on field.

Nick's numbers were him just guessing/getting poo poo from other people.

Also I'm pretty sure it was tracked within PL, but I don't know why you'd think that I'd have access to it given I wasn't in PL at the time, nor do I fly anything larger than a Battleship.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 29, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Khablam posted:

I remember Grath and others claiming outright it was going to swing hard their way during USTZ, and everyone was quoting Fuzzeh's numbers as few people knew those titans were getting out and not dying.
Grath was trying to get every active super in B-R and there were rage pings for hours after it kicked off.

Not sure you're quite remembering the point at which it was resoundingly won, or that it was known.

I wasn't in PL at the time so I only knew what was going on as much as any regular dude in Waffles and by the time I got home from work and into the fight by ~8-9pm Eastern it was pretty much "yeah we're hosed so let's tank til downtime etc."

The worst part ob B-R is despite doing damage to a half dozen titans, I died and didn't get on any killmails so I never had my first titan killmail til a year later :smith:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What are your guys' thoughts on the EVE_NT events that have been happening lately?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tdHuKmV8LE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kClGz3rUJE

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

eve is really bad

Yeah, if only we could spend $15,000 on getting a "completionist*" package for the game, then it'd be fun.

*despite being a completionist package, the package does not include all of the ships.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cahV83nd7_I

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crew posted:

Richter Enderas and Miss Bolyai come to mind. Whose character is Miss Bolyai?

Agmar, aka the #1 wreck shooter in the world. Also the only guy I know to be banned from PL services for loving with Ander via Twitter.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ouch - http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=3942,3943&b=6881900&e=90&t=qbb&r=1&ro=70.93333333333334

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Zero posted:

yeah, welcome to the clan

Boosh me in AO. TIA.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
DUST 514 is being shut down on May 30th, and CCP confirmed they're still working on a PC version

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=225484

quote:

Dear DUST 514 Community,

CCP’s development team in Shanghai has been working on a prototype for a first-person shooter for PC with the goal of building a great FPS set in our sci-fi universe of New Eden (the universe in which EVE Online, DUST 514, EVE: Valkyrie, and Gunjack are set). Their experience is being utilized to build a new game from scratch using Unreal Engine 4 while harnessing all our learnings from DUST 514. This is in many ways an evolution of Project Legion, the concept we announced at EVE Fanfest 2014, but without the limitations of technical debt and development paths we quickly discovered in that effort that could never serve as a future-proof technology base for a full production game. This new project is still in an early phase of production, and we feel like we’re on the right track and plan to give an update at EVE Fanfest on April 21st as a part of the free livestream of the event. Since this new game will be different from DUST 514 (although keeping many of its great parts), we will provide tiered recognition rewards to our loyal DUST customers, details to be announced.

We are very proud of what we’ve learned and accomplished with DUST 514 on PlayStation 3 over the past three years and it is an honor to be a part of such a dedicated community. We consider DUST 514 one of the best free-to-play offerings on the platform, but the years have caught up with us. It is with a heavy heart that we inform you that DUST 514 will be shutting down on May 30th, 2016. We therefore will not be releasing the 1.3 update as we had planned. Players will continue to be able to play for free on our servers until then, but all further PSN packs and purchases have been removed and disabled from the in-game marketplace and the PlayStation Store. Players with existing Aurum will be able to continue to purchase items from the in-game marketplace.

Thank you for being a part of DUST 514 on the PlayStation 3. We look forward to the next chapter, and hope you’ll be a part of it and continue the journey with us.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Why do we STILL have 2 threads?

And why is one run by a total goddamn moron?

Hint: Not Endie

This is the chill thread. You need to be chill to post here.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

its too bad because I don't want to do the spaceship part EVE part, but I'd love to do the FPS / dogfighting stuff in a way that could potentially impact the larger universe

DUST 514 barely affected EVE, but it did have some stuff that affected things. Mostly in the Faction Warfare systems, but the assumption by players was that the PS3 had limitations to it etc. so that's why it was limited.

A PC version could be better suited towards what CCP wanted and proved is possible (to a degree), but who knows what the PC version will be designed like.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why do you dislike Taylor Swift gifs? She's a national treasure and a voice of a generation.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is this the new EVE thread I heard about?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

Maybe he likes weed and shooting mans and feels like doing that in PL for a bit? poo poo isn't always complicated

Nah, there's some ulterior motive just like everyone else who left.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://zkillboard.com/kill/52915536/

:eyepop:

Zasze posted:

Leaving drama free to join another space guild isn't gently caress goons , I remember when you had to actually do something to be gently caress goons but now it's aperently wanting to play a video game with who you want :psyduck:

Yeah this is the mindset I don't get but whatever, it's a bunch of nerds slapfighting with internet pixels.

crew posted:

There is two of them and they are both valued members of pandemic legion, however, discussing the bad bfm and his past sins is no bueno as per mods since it just gets run into the ground.

Fake Bob (B FM) hasn't been around in months sadly, he's a pretty chill guy and would steal supers from pubbies once a month or so. Also yeah according to VideoGames, the mod with the best avatar, talking about both BFM & Xenuria is not allowed.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Mar 30, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

I've called the kickstarter dumb as gently caress on goonfleet.com and on jabber, and refered to the author they picked as "The worst possible guy for the job" and have yet to be kicked out. Also called our CSM Candidate X a reprehensible shitbag. But you know, something something external narrative.

I said that I thought the writing by Jeff Edwards wasn't that great in my opinion, and it got featured in a TMC article about how it was bullying Jeff Edwards and damaging EVE Online as a result. :toot:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oops, double post.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Or we can keep this thread since it's clearly superior in every way given.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's as bad of an :iceburn: as the time you followed me to a different thread to sperg about being made fun of in the EVE thread.

What I'm saying is, you should stop posting.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChickenWing posted:

please be chill in the chill thread

hi endie how's things in PL, I hear you're having fun and stuff

I miss your OPs, samahiel's wasn't as good :(

I'm not Endie, but hey ChickenWing how are you? I am taking what I learnt in the right honorable Top Goon and teaching some of the interested Horde dudes about it. They love bombing runs and honestly I couldn't be happier they get a war to be a part of instead of reading. Also my dumb video explaining the war is at 25k views on YouTube, which is abnormal for my EVE videos.

Also Saturday marks the 1 year anniversary of Horde being founded so that should be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChickenWing posted:

Hi HendrUba TallarStij

You know what's funny? I don't think I ever actually launched a bomb while in topgoon. Glad you're having fun with it though, gotta teach those newbies how to accidentally pres butan and see who's not fast enough on the mwd off button.

Next teach them dictors and indirectly how to "accidentally" bubble their own fleets :sun:

Yep, there's also dudes learning interdictors & command destroyers. The latter of which are the best loving ships in EVE.

Goatman Sacks posted:

The only thing i remember about Top Goon was that something went wrong during the Fountain War and TheAdj blamed us for it and demanded a complete overhaul of everything.

I was only in Top Goon during the start before being kicked out of the alliance entirely, but I don't really recall any thing dumb we did. If I remember correctly were were staging out of Serpentis Prime (or whatever that NPC system nearby was) and having a blast not being in the TiDi fuckfests.

I do remember fondly during the first big fight (JSA?), my brother who was in Waffles and I were in Interceptors and found each other and just orbited each other's ship while shooting the poo poo and watching a movie. Good times.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Mar 31, 2016

• Locked thread