Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Carth Dookie posted:

Very much so.

There's a ganker who targets streamers who stream their mining activities. Can't remember the name though.

Please tell me he goes after Daopa. I don't get how that guy gets hundreds of viewers while mining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Landsknecht posted:

being able to mine/rat under the supercap umbrella is pretty nice, it must suck to be TEST right now

When doesn't it suck to be TEST?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/CCP_Larrikin/status/804681192696070145

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Discussion Quorum posted:

I finished training for my first interdictor :toot:

Pretty sure this is the first >10 day skill train I stuck to all the way through (ed: on my main, not an alt training in the background)

Maybe I'll even log in and shoot at someone

Dictors are stupid fun. Just remember though, you can't spell interdiction without dic

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Zephyrine posted:

Max skill probing dictor is some of the most fun times I've had in Eve.

If only boat could have stopped watching his own stream long enough to warp to my wreck and the bubbled enemy T1 destroyer fleet lemming around inside it :negative:

Sounds about right for Boat, sadly. I've had a couple fail ganks while flying my Sabre lately, ah well. Such is Eve.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

And r/eve managed to get another drug thread onto r/all :newlol:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/5g8dxc/does_anyone_know_if_drug_production_is_a_good/

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I forgot how far I've had to burn across k space for stuff. I know we did at least 20 jumps once for a pos bash

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Awhile ago someone posted about some skills untraining since the patch. I just noticed some skills I am 90% sure I had trained on a character that seem to not be trained to v.

Was this an actual bug?

What skills untrained for you?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Bunch of int/Mem skillls I feel like I trained before I moved off my int/Mem remap. Thermodynamics v, sensor comp v's graviton physics v

The problem is I can't 100%remember because I have~180m sp on this character plus my other guys and it's hard to remember what I trained but I did map to int/Mem for a year to train this poo poo

Of those, only grav physics v even makes sense to me, but that's also because I fly tackle and occasionally use a HIC. I prefer dictors though (warp speed rigged because loooooool).

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

frozenphil posted:

Thermodynamics V is nice if you overheat stuff at all. Sensor comps probably don't really matter much these days.

Have they ever mattered?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I want to see a titan get jammed by ec-300s just for the comedy value

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

frozenphil posted:

Kinda nice for booster ships/mission runners hoping to dodge scan probes.

Point. Didn't someone find out that even with maxed out scanning it was impossible to directly probe down a golem in bastion due to the sensor strength boost?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Landsknecht posted:

did CCP say they have a plan to get rid of hisec stations? It's sort of weird to go into a system and see a handful of barely-used stations

No clue. I think they want to make stations NPC only, and while some systems indeed have way too many stations for their own good, I don't see them removing them at all.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

How much does a stick take a day? I've never dealt with running POSes, thank Bob.

iospace fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Dec 15, 2016

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm a wormholer, not a former member of band of brothers

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Oracles make the best pos bashing subs,if you ask me, mostly because you can't run out of ammo if you carry a meta 0 crystal set

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

My excuse is I'm a wormholer in low-class space, so the only way we can use anything larger than a battleship is to hope the locals hand us one and go "HERE, STICK IT IN" and bend over, or finding an unfueled stick with a live SMA that has a cap in it. Either or.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir_rJX6GPxo

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Do you not trust in the nanofiber?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Unfunny Poster posted:

Is there a good write up of the new citadel arrays they just introduced? Basically just a summary of what they do would be nice since I missed that stuff.

I looked to see if that French person who did that citadel guide way back when did one for the complexes. No dice, sadly.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Part of me wonders if high shipping prices are because of the fact that it's xmas time. The other part is :ccp:'s inability to do research.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Managed to get the x-mas skin for the Stabber:

Looks like a hybrid between the Stabber and the Vagabond. I love it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Landsknecht posted:

if i would drop a nyx on dys0n avery would drop his titan on me and who'd win there???

Avery would die to a titan rat after killing you

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Unfunny Poster posted:

Re: Grath's Marauders, this is a fit he used that caused a Chimera to burn out its guns and require a titan to kill him.

I gotta give Grath credit, for such a big (and hated) name in Eve, he does go out solo, which is cool.

Unlike his head :newlol:

Jokes aside, for some odd reason I felt like undocking the Astero to scan the chain today. Ended up with a killmark and a corpse.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Unfunny Poster posted:

Grath actually tends to prefer smaller fleets/solo stuff over the big gently caress off fleet fights. Something about thinking everyone else are idiots or the other.

Something we both agree on then. I like small gang/raiding style pvp over huge tidi fleets, feels more fun to me. But not because I think people are dumb, anyway.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

RazNation posted:

So whats the story on Citadels?

Has CCP done anything to them other than letting them be couches for pilot's e-peens?

Did they advance the final solution for the POS?

TL;DR......reaction farms still a stick thing?

They are gift from the gods for wormholers

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

RazNation posted:

Oh I imagine so!

No more worrying about some corp mate stealing everyone's stuff.

I really need to re-sub.

Even though you can't repair like a traditional station, you can still repair without having to undock a repair ship. Also module repairs. And markets!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Quoting you because I have a question: how are thanatos fit these days? I'm just starting to get into caps, so I'm curious

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Landsknecht posted:

1 or 2 plates, 2 eanms, dc, 1 or 2 ddas

capital ab, 2 tracking, 2 nav (maybe a capital cap battery)

cyno, nsa, and 3 fsus

use 3 trimark ii rigs

also have a travel fit (3 hyperspatials, bs mwd, 2 istabs, cap rechargers)

use your preferred light fighter, have a few flights of anti-fighter ones, and 2 flights of sirens

Do fighters operate similar to drones, in that gal does the most damage and minnie is the fastest?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ullerrm posted:

There's basically three go-to fits, one with shield buffer and one with armor buffer. You should probably pick whatever one fits best with your alliance, as most sane alliances standardize on either armor or shield.

Pretty much any capital should have a standard set of mods in their SMA so they can swap out as needed: travel fits, at least two heavy neuts, at least one capital neut, smartbombs, tackle, etc. Follow your alliance instructions there.

That said, if your alliance supports shield capitals and you have Minmatar Carrier trained, I'd suggest getting a Nidhoggur instead of a Thanatos. The former has a fighter velocity bonus, the latter has a hit point bonus; in many situations, fighter travel time is more important.

I'm getting a Niddy, actually, but was more curious as to how a Thanatos would be fit for armor. Thanks! I'm probably going to crosstrain into the Lif and whatever the Gallente FAX is (I can't spell it worth a drat).

quote:

(General FYI, I've given up on the non-chill thread and unbookmarked it, so if you've got fitting or other questions, ask them here.)

Don't blame you. It can be... bad.

iospace fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jan 10, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ullerrm posted:

You may not want to. The Ninazu and Lif both have weird bonuses, and the Ninazu has a really awful slot layout.

Apostle/Minokawa:
* 5% bonus to RR amount
* 4% bonus to resists
* 5% bonus to capacitor size

Lif/Ninazu:
* 5% bonus to RR rate of fire
* 7.5% bonus to active tank amount
* 10% bonus to cap injector amount

So, when it comes to repping stuff in Triage, their niche is that they can cycle their reps fast enough to hopefully land between big packets of damage and prevent you from being alphaed. But in exchange, they use significantly more capacitor for their reps, so they can't keep it up for an entire Triage cycle.

Problem two: In order to make use of that injector bonus, you need to have an injector fitted -- otherwise, not only do you need more cap for your reps, but you have less cap to work with than the Apostle/Minokawa :\ That's not so bad for the armor-tanked Ninazu, but it's pretty bad for the Lif who wants to spend as many mids as possible on shield tank.

Problem three: You can generally get just as much active tank out of an Apostle as you can out of a Ninazu -- resists contribute just as much towards active tanking as an active-tank bonus does. In fact, for any given set of lows, the Apostle ends up being within 2-3k EHP/sec of a Ninazu -- and then does better, because the Apostle has an extra low-slot to work with.

From an FC perspective, given the choice between a Ninazu or Lif and no FAXes at all, I'll take what I can get... but I'd really rather see people in Apostles and Minokawas on average.

So what fit would you recommend for a Minokawa then?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

L0cke17 posted:

So for delve stuff, we've been theorycrafting lifs because of their dual armor and shield bonuses to save dumbs who get tackled. Yes theyre worse than a dedicated armor or shield fax, but for some people who have both armor and shield supercaps, or groups who are split having both sets of modules fitted to the ship, and only having to online one or the other while sitting on the keepstar saves 30+ seconds if you have to dock and redock with the nonsense timers :ccp: has foisted on us.

That's pretty much the main reason why I've been considering a Lif, the flexibility, which to me feels fine when you're on grid with a subcap fleet, but the moment you're with caps I'd rather have a Mino or a Apostle.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ullerrm posted:

This particular fit doesn't make much sense to me. Most WH groups who use Nestor as logi do it because you can get massive amounts of tank and sensor strength and neut resistance on them. They're basically a fat Oneiros that won't get easily neuted out or alphaed or jammed.

(And they use a single plate and a ton of deadspace resist mods, because they want to keep the mass as low as possible while still having at least 150k EHP.)

This fit tries to do a bit of everything and fails at it all. It'd only make sense if it was being used as a refit and utility platform for a larger armor fleet.

I've known of a couple C2 groups living with a C5 static using nestors as logi boats on escalations alongside a vindicator to pin down the drifter.

e: yes, with enough guardians/nestors, you can run C5 sites in subcaps. Usually you use a T3 HAM legion fleet, using PVP fits.

iospace fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jan 10, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

cybertier posted:

Yeah I'm afraid those people might have about as much clue as I have. German wormhole corps is a very small niche to find a home in.
There was a second identical nestor which was the second logi for an about 10 ship strong armor fleet, consisting mostly of cruisers.
No "real" logi ship, but maybe because nobody really owns one? I didn't get to talk doctrine much yet.

Well they are really newbie friendly so maybe we will all grow together. As poor as we will be out of our C2 home.

I don't think they ever did C5 sites together and it's listed under pvp fittings.
I think I should bring up that Logistics Ships might fit out doctrine better.

C5s are weird. Obviously everyone who lived up there is whining that it's dying because of ~escalation changes~, completely disregarding the fact that there are two completely unassailable groups in C5 space. No really, it's hard to motivate people to move to C5 space when there's a threat of losing your entire cap fleet, citadels as they online, or, worst case, getting evicted by Hard Knocks or Lazerhawks. If they hear you're onlining a Fort, they will try to find you.

But that's more a topic for the other thread.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

cybertier posted:

To not get into politics but didn't Hole Squad use to live in a C5? Where are you guys nowadays? If I remember correctly that you are a member there.

I'm a wormholer, sure, but not in hole squad.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

What's the percentage of C5s with C5 or C6s statics again?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Oh, regarding the Nestor, I dug up this old article by :ullerrm:

https://www.themittani.com/news/fixing-nestor

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Where did Elo run off to anyway?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dalael posted:

A friend of mine has joined us recently and has taken a liking to exploration. Right now he's using a cheetah since its cheap and he's still learning the game but he has expressed his interest in an astero. He's doing mostly relic sites at the moment however he's hoping to be able to do some sites that may have npc's guarding them and possibly fend off other players. I know little to nothing about exploration and my EFT warrioring skill is at 1.

I came up with this for now but he can't use some T2 modules due to lack of skills so if its not T2 on this fit, its because he can't use it. I would like some input on how to make this fit better because I'm betting its poo poo.

[Astero, Astero]
Damage Control II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Small Armor Repairer II

Data Analyzer I
Relic Analyzer I
5MN Microwarpdrive II
Stasis Webifier II

Core Probe Launcher II, Core Scanner Probe I
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

Small Emission Scope Sharpener I
Small Trimark Armor Pump I
Small Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hobgoblin II x5
Warrior II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5

So what am I doing wrong and how can I improve this?

There's pros and cons to the Cheetah and the Astero. With Amarr Frig V, the Astero is one of the tankier frigates in the game thanks to four low slots. It's also the best exploration bonused frigate when it comes to combat, so you can easily fend off or even kill opposing explorers who gank you.

However, its scan strength is weaker than the Cheetah (Cheetah gets a 50% bonus at Covops V as opposed to the 37.5% hull bonus the Astero gets), and it's more expensive. The Cheetah can also fit an expanded launcher, which means you can stick a ton of core probes in it and don't have to reload as often.

Here's what I would use:

quote:

[Astero, site runner]

Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Drone Damage Amplifier II

1MN Afterburner II
Warp Scrambler II
Data Analyzer II
Relic Analyzer II

Sisters Core Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Anti-Explosive Pump I
Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I

Hobgoblin II x5
Warrior II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5

Nanite Repair Paste x64
Sisters Core Scanner Probe x8

If you fly it properly, meaning you keep mashing that d-scan button and watching your overview, the only thing you really have to worry about is bombers and ships being given a warpin on you by a cloaked friend next to you. It aligns faster than any other ship's decloak delay + targeting speed (3 ticks), and bombers are made out of paper anyway so you can easily kill them with your drones before they can kill you. Of course, this won't help you if someone provides a warp-in for another ship that can lock you up fast or a dictor. You can also swap an analyzer for a meta web if you so choose, or downgrade to T1 if needed. You can't fit a T2 launcher (which is cheaper but weaker than a Sisters) without downgrading somewhere as well.

e: if you want to go full tank, no gank, swap out the DDA for an explosive membrane and the explosive rig for a thermal one. Better hope they don't use hornets, but again, if you're smart you should be safe. There's a bunch of other variations you can use, as well.

iospace fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jan 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Landsknecht posted:

just do a 2 MSE AB 3x DDA astero and you'll shred other asteros

I've heard about those. What's the exact fit?

• Locked thread