Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jimlit posted:

Real post....

Do the leaders of the eve goons really call themselves the directors?

CashEnsign posted:

yes but it's because of the name of the corresponding game mechanic so it's not a goon thing sorry

they also call themselves the Illuminati, which is a name they chose for themselves and isn't because of any corresponding game mechanic, which is lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A chat program with a pretty screensaver

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Xutech when is kugu going to start paying out bitkugucoins for clicking on dank memes?

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Eonwe can I join your spaceguildcorpalliance? I always wanted to be an astronaut when I was little :kiddo:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
this is the greatest day of my life

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Wait, is he that guy who took up most of the time allotted at a fanfest panel to ramble on and on and on about whatever group he was in, leaving the rest of the panel a couple of minutes each for their presentations?

Yeah, gently caress ever having to listen to him again

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Oodles posted:

Has Star Citizen just poo poo itself or is DSmart trolling on the twitters?

Not yet. The guts are rumbling and there's a few wet farts, but the diarrheal colonic spasms are still yet to occur

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

or alternatively, im sorry you have to...idk? look at two topics on the topic list?

it must be tough

I keep getting the two threads confused so i put a post-it note on my screen that says "terrible = actually chill thread" with a smiley face so I know this is the good one when I look at the list

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Phi230 posted:

Do I need a sisters launcher to fire a sisters probe?

No, and you don't need to use Sisters probes/launchers to scan either, it just makes it easier

Edit: each race has a frigate that has a bonus to scanning (Magnate, Heron, Imicus, and Probe); there is also the Astero, which gets a great bonus but is pretty expensive for a new player.

Lack of Gravitas fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Apr 10, 2016

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Phi230 posted:

Well that's good. So I found a good price on combat probes. Will these work for exploration? Or do I want core probes?

Just core scanning probes and core probe laucher for exploration. The expanded launcher can fire off both core and combat probes, but you only need the combat probes to hunt down other players

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Data and Relic sites don't have rats, so you don't need to bring a combat ship for them. You might want to bring a mobile depot in your cargo if you need to swap your fitting between which mid-slot module you need to do the hacking minigame once you've found a site, though.

Also, quoting my edit about the scanning frigates in case you missed it :)

Lack of Gravitas posted:

Edit: each race has a frigate that has a bonus to scanning (Magnate, Heron, Imicus, and Probe); there is also the Astero, which gets a great bonus but is pretty expensive for a new player.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The Stratious gets the same scanning bonus as the Astero, if you want a cloaking drone U-Boat in cruiser size

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

Already exists. Rock Venture Chill mining friends [RVCMF] from memory

Look up "videogames saforums" and his corp he created :shobon:

:frogbon:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
There was an out-of-game tool called EveMentat that was good for station trading; it has been replaced by Evernus which has stayed up to date with the changes to the EVE Api but this youtube vid for EveMentat works for Evernus as well.

What I liked about it was how it integrated with the in-game-browser which made it easy to check the market in-game then export the data, see what orders needed updating, and then easily update those orders back in the game.

http://evernus.com/features

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeTPY-Y9s1g

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hello chill thread. Is there a way to import an EFT txt block into Pyfa for strategic cruisers? I know T3s slots depend on what subsystems they have, but when I try to import a fit into Pyfa I get the subs and the cargo, but no high/mid/lows.

Here is a chill picture for you all in the meantime :3:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
What Darth Cookie said. If you able to use the same ship maintainence arrays as him, you've got between now and when he builds a citadel to do a number on him. If he doesn't give you starbase roles, you can still eject his ships and bump them out of the forcefield for your buddies to jump in and fly away. Check all the POS storage hangars for modules and loot etc as well.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

If I wanted to check the prices of things is there a neat website that lists all regions? I'm going to expand my fleet (two mining ships to add! :D I also think I have the skills for interceptors now as well) and I have no idea where the best place to buy them is.

Eve Central https://eve-central.com

Here's the buy and sell orders for Covetors, for example
https://eve-central.com/home/quicklook.html?typeid=17476

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:dukedog:

Posting a big list of the essential tools and sites is more worthy than my effort though, spacefriend

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
And once the drones are out flying, there are keyboard shortcuts to make them attack etc. From memory, "f" is attack and "shift+r" is return to drone bay, but it's something you can check (and change) in settings>keyboards shortcuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Libluini posted:

Did you always want to have that sweet, sweet 80 bucks EVE-backpack? CCP has you covered! Your Christmas-gift for today is 15% off every merchandise from their shop.

It's the season of giving, so hop on over to their shop and give them lots of money! :shepface:

I went and had a look to see how :ccp: priced shipping to Australia, but seeing an A4-sized sheet of decals for $7 was enough for me to lol nope out of there

• Locked thread