Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

What is going on with your name?

edit: and mine for that matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Hezzy posted:

Is HoleSquad still a thing? I remember at the start when we got evicted about 3 times in a row. Still made hella cash though

Hole squad lives on as a GSF membercorp by the name of Hole Violence. We are rebuilding after our most recent tidy up but we are still very much a thing.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Jazzzzz posted:

hole squad on that real poo poo - are there other videos too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?Cheesemonk3h?videos

edit:

I like this one a lot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gS05lWy9Ko

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 30, 2016

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

nessin posted:

If I ever got down to just one account then I'd probably plex for isk as well. Just seems less of a benefit when you're paying for 2 or 3 subscriptions instead of one. Actually I should probably really look into considering that, it might keep me playing Eve longer if I'm not juggling 3 accounts, which I really don't need because I found having a capital (just a regular carrier) to be largely blah, at least pre-citadel patch. Although a really bad time to be having those thoughts considering I just spent over half a million on burner ships to try out missioning in between incursions for isk.

Edit:
Also I'd love to fly a Black Ops or Marauder for PvP, and the thought of losing a ship that costs upwards of 2x the value of a PLEX is much harder to swallow than 2b isk earned in game even if it took me several hours.

If you have multiple accounts but nothing to train on a couple of them you could remap to get really fast training on a long random skill and then extract the SP twice a month and sell the injectors. Works out to around 800m per character in profit.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

So I decided I haven't made any really regrettable decisions lately and started playing EVE Online and here is the story of my first month:

I hit rocks for 2 weeks until I decided to try moving up to WH exploration. First one I go into I get killed by some dick, pod dies, lovely magnate dies, lessons are learned. Then he messages me with some pointers (drop carbons at warp in, bring drones at least) and invites me back to the WH to live in there and learn the ins and outs.

He sets me up with a nice sentry gun fortified space bubble where I can leave my ships and I basically just mine the gas and ore in C1 for a week making a lot more isk than I ever dreamed of just days before. All is well. He regales me with stories of the Halloween War and his hatred for goons, is an overall just really, really nice fellow. A couple of days ago he invites me to his little WH corp and I happily accept.

Now every time we're on at the same time he won't stop talking about how Sandy Hook, the Boston marathon bombing, even the Gulf of Tonkin affair, are all massive hoaxes. Oh yeah, he's a stormfront frothing mad white supremacist.

So now I really want to screw this guy over hard but I don't really know how to go about it (or if I should just call it even since he's helped me out a good bit). I like to keep RL politics out of video games but he's really getting to me and I'm not quite so pissed as to take my ball and quit making the isks, but boy oh boy do I hate white supremacists and if I could ruin a bigot on EVE it would just tickle me.

Thoughts or advice?

Are you able to store ships in a hangar in the pos? Offer to haul fuel or whatnot and see if you can trick him into either making you a director or giving you "config starbase" roles. Swallow any bullshit and agree to all his racist crap if it'll get you those two things. If you get either of those, send me (Arkady Romanov) or Nex Dementia or Dod Kalm a message in game and we'll show you how to turn off his shields and burn down all his poo poo. We'll bring the cavalry to do it.

Hole Squad is all about that real poo poo.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Hes pretty well guarded but the corp is small enough and im active enough that hes already floated making me comms director. He seems to think citadels arent worth it, so the long con might be the best bet.

Did you provide him with an API? If not, send a mail to Arkady Romanov with the details of the corp (name, CEO, what system you guys live in, number of POS, what external services you guys use, if any).

We'll see what we can do.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Yeah hes got my API key, would have taken him for a scammer if he hadnt

I can't see if you have a platinum SA account because I'm phone posting but if you do just pm me the details

Edit: no platinum. Nevermind. We'll work it out if it happens.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 08:49 on May 4, 2016

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

It really wasn't long ago that it was all armor all the time for everything (except maybe small/microgang stuff and whatever weird poo poo the Russians would run. I vaguely recall them running shield typhoons when everyone else was running armor). For a very long time it was armor battleships, then armor T3s and armor capitals, supers and titans.

Frankly I'm ok with the shield resurgence.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

vyst posted:

hi everyone! I'm alive but in a lot of pain and sorry deadtear they wouldn't let me keep the skin to make you some arts and crafts.

Sue them for stealing your property. :colbert:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Fureil posted:

May I ask how you in particular got space rich? Exploring my options trying to figure out how I want to make space money.

If you don't die much and play for a couple of years ISK like that accumulates like pocket lint.

Proper space rich is when you can buy multiple titans just because you can and still have enough to plex your 5+ accounts and keep them in Bling fit ships until judgement day and not even notice the dent in your wallet.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Drythe posted:

those sound hard

Market fuckery either requires patience and good choices, or an inside line on what is going to be valuable after a patch (ie patch speculation) or a cunning exploitation of mechanics (the Faction warfare caper or the more recent change to NPC taxes and the use thereof to exploit the plex market).

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Dalael posted:

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I'd buy stuff to re-sell but.. what?

For Jita trading you're looking for something with a significant percentage gap between the buy and sell orders and large daily turnovers.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

kruna posted:

I got it figured out. However I am still trapped in hostile space. You goons went and done hosed poo poo up real good.

No, what we did was foster a target rich environment. Its ideal.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Are you using literally any ewar modules at all? Doesn't matter what it is, rats hate ewar and will target the hell out of you just to make it stop.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

edit: wait, is that ship really worth 100 billion or is the site hosed up?

I think they're actually worth more. Revenants are super rare. I *think* I heard they sell for like 250-300b but I'm not in PL or very interested in supers so I'm prepared to be corrected.

There's only 6 losses of those ever recorded:

https://zkillboard.com/ship/3514/losses/

Titans worth that die reasonably frequently.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 07:31 on May 22, 2016

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

deadEd posted:

Revenant BPC's drop from Incursion motherships in Lowsec/Nullsec only, and even then it's a rare drop IIRC. It's a Sansha's faction Supercarrier.

Lowsec incursions only, and I think the drop rate for a BPC for one of those is less than 1% or something.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I've wondered about that.

New players in an injector era EVE have a much more obvious path to higher SP than pre injector new players. I'm curious about the difference in attitude it breeds.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

NtotheTC posted:

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but what with 3D printing on the rise, why the hell aren't CCP mass producing models of all the ships? The design time has already been done, surely it would just be printing money? I don't even like models but I'd buy a Megathron and run around the house making laser noises.

Megas use Hybrids not Lasers. t:mad:

edit: I also wanted to link a post (I think it was on gf.com) somewhere about someone buying a special edition ship model (possibly a geddon?) which devolved into a fanfic about stuffing it in their butt but I can't find it and googling "eve online buttplug story" didn't have the desired results. :saddowns:

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 29, 2016

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

bluegoon posted:

Can you actually run missions in a SB?

level 4 fw missions allegedly can be done in this way for hella stupid ISK.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

bluegoon posted:

Nice, any idea of what fit that would be?

Nope, I've never done it myself. Sorry.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

bluegoon posted:

Apart from SB, are cloaks used a lot in pvp? Like Klingon bird of prey type poo poo?

For small gang, ratter ganking and wormhole stuff, sure. I wouldn't call it "a lot" though.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

bluegoon posted:

Is there a real viable solo ganking cloaking boat?

Stratios and to a lesser extent Astero.

Check out the character "Stunt" on zkill.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

That's the one.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Oodles posted:

Hi friends. I just did some HS Incursions, they weren't cancerous. Had a good time.

My Mac Eve client kept on crashing, which wasn't chill.

The thing about cancer is that often you don't know you've got it until its too late.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

lacks phil's bizarre snakewoman fetish, 3/10

Make Hole Squad great again. #sneks4Trump

Edit

The link when clicked keeps returning some unsafe error so I pulled it. :saddowns:

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jun 8, 2016

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Widow might actually be useful in blops gangs against solo carriers to jam the clusterfuck of fighters now. I think neut Sins are still the hot poo poo though.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

bluegoon posted:

Actually got pretty good cadence I do check area scan every 3 or so seconds when going at it, it was literally a case of getting coffee and coming back to see red.

I have to admit though my Retrievers had no shields, rigs or lows fitted except for survey II and strip miners, I think that might have been my problem, if you fit a PROCURER with shields and rigs should it at least last longer than 10 seconds against a suicide Catalyst?

Also what the gently caress is a mining permit. Some rear end in a top hat kept mailing me about it roleplaying some imaginary pirate corp.

EDIT: PROCURER

http://www.minerbumping.com/?m=1

Moddington posted:

Even just fitting a damage control unit is all it takes to make you immune to all but the most spiteful of suicide ganks. As a miner the game is slanted hilariously in your favor, but CODE still make a living preying on the majority of miners who refuse to press the I WIN button that was handed to them.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

It used to be active.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

bluegoon posted:

I've got this odd feeling that leaving your combat drones out attracts suicide gankers, maybe it's bot-like.

A ganker will go in with a rookie ship scout (or maybe a venture or other innocuous ship), scan your ship to see what your fit is and then use the number of catalysts required on their gank character or or characters to pop you.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

jerkstore77 posted:

Yesterday, some guy in a battleship warped in to the belt I was in and just started bumping me. I eventually warped away after a few seconds. Was this some kind of really bad gank attempt?

Could be. Or it could be they were just bumping you out of mining range to stop you getting the ore and then insisting you pay to make them go away.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

input automation is banned, which is what I suspect you're going to try and do with a macro.

If you're bored enough that you want to automate it rather than do it manually, you should probably see it for what it is and stop doing it and find something else to do that's actually fun.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

bluegoon posted:

holy hell that must have cost a lot, any idea which alliance owns the thing? Can anyone dock in it? It sounds like a pretty public structure?

Hard Knocks owns it and its in a wormhole so I doubt anyone except them can dock in it. It'll also probably never die either because its unlikely anyone would be able to put enough capitals in the system and maintain hole control long enough to kill it. To be perfectly honest, I don't think XL citadels should be anchorable in wormhole space. They're designed with supercapitals/titans in mind, and you can't get those in there to be used offensively against it.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Orange Red Bull posted:

Speaking of rigs: what did they do to the skills for them? Are they all garbage and not necessary now?

there's a handful of cases where you want them to be at 4 so the penalty for having the rig doesn't affect your ability to fit a ship, but for the most part they're not worth it. The only time I think you actually NEED a rig skill to be at V is for industry purposes.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

bluegoon posted:

So it's pretty good transporting ships out to 0 space?

If you use a properly scouted series of wormholes to avoid getting jumped or bubbled on a gate somewhere, then yes. Otherwise if the cargo is small enough, use the other one, the blockade runner (Viator).

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Post the tengu fit.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

much obliged.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

FranktheBank posted:

Edit: I looked up blue pill, that's pretty cool. I don't know how to put that into pyfa.

Search for "blue pill" in the market tab, then choose the pill. Then look for the "boosters" tab, between "implants' and "projected" tabs on the bottom of the screen. Its on the same row where you see your active drones. You can then turn the pill on and off with a checkbox to see the difference.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

scandoslav posted:

Wait there are requirements now?

T2 frig (of any kind) and a couple of hours of astrometrics skills.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

2x tinker snakes are the way to go I'm told.

You'll be horribly murdered though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

You're already known for drawing Disney princess poontang. You could be lady scarlet sized and still not have enough free surface area to insert another metaphorical dagger, much less find a vital organ.

• Locked thread