Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
I played this game in 2008. I am an official bittervet AMA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yes.

Will you sign my shirt?

Ashen "I was a goon pet" Darksabre

You're welcome

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Jimlit posted:

Real post....

Do the leaders of the eve goons really call themselves the directors?

yes but it's because of the name of the corresponding game mechanic so it's not a goon thing sorry

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

xutech posted:

Kug and I work every day to bring about the end of the world. He's talking to me right now while huffing helium. We still have all the files. They'll need a lot of work but I think we will be able to craft something very interesting when we have the time.

Hi xutech. Stop by zuluforums.org sometime. Me and Don miss you. Also fartman says hi.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

ChickenWing posted:

But of course, close the other thread and the unrelaxed angry crowd from the other thread will come to this one

Je suis Vyst

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Eonwe posted:

there isn't even a game yet, and when they THOUGHT there would be a game they already had spreadsheets

so yes, you are correct

Never accuse goons of being unpredictable. They are creatures of intense discipline.

Goons are terrible at many things, but poop socking spreadsheets of inane detail is not one of those things.

I hope Star Citizen has timers like POSes do.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Khablam posted:

It needs to somehow fail to bring over evegoons, and then it'll be fine.
Starfleet dental was(is? idk) a good example of goons making GBS threads on pubbies and making them want to die, without any spreadsheets or turbosperg.

As soon as mittens started talking about crossing over into SC any hope of that pretty much went.

What is le Martin playing today? I need to get hip.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

I hope you guys have are having a good day.

I'm having a fantastic one :toot:

Is it your cake day or something Hendrik?

I am having a good day too. Putting my new PC together. I forgot to order RAM though

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
I played Elite Dangerous today for the first time and had to self destruct my ship because I ran out of fuel and the station wouldn't let me dock. I have found first person Eve and it's more desolate than my love life. 10/10

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Why do we STILL have 2 threads?

And why is one run by a total goddamn moron?

Hint: Not Endie

What better to trigger your autism with my dear.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

I said come in! posted:

Dust 514 was suppose to have huge changes to the Eve universe and that never happened. So don't believe anything CCP says regarding this. I don't think they know how to get this sort of feature to work. It's never going to happen in their future games assuming those aren't vaporware like they appear to be.

The Star Marine of CCP.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Haha dead g00nies

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
I'm so turned on right now.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Link another so I can finish

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
I just want to say that this thread is still the true Eve thread. God Bless.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
namaste

It's time for the true goons to rise up and take back Eve goondom for goonpride. The time is ripe.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
This is the thread Eve needs. Holy poo poo I love memes and all but sometimes I want to see the other thread and all of r/eve strung up in a meat locker side by side.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Is this the true Eve thread now?

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Haquer posted:

just don't play eve

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Let's talk about the return of tracking titans in TYOOL 2016.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

all mac and cheese tips are groundbreaking when you're 12

:rimshot:

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Foehammer007 posted:

i was unchill today, please advise

Who did you steal titan from?

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

dragonstalking posted:

Use a drone stratios; see Stunt Flores's killboard for the standard fit.

#FreeFlores

(no don't really)

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Oodles posted:

Truth.

I spoke to SA Mantra and on another occasion a MOA that killed me. They were both normal people, and gave me recommendations how now not to die.

Funny that.

Goons saying nice things about Sa Matra, this truly is the chill thread.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
We should all play this new, cool game I heard about...

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4ecmdx/star_citizen_is_star_citizen_and_evangelizing_eve/

it's full of chill, so chill that toxic is a bold word.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Oodles posted:

I need an avatar. I've been a member here for a very long time and just stuck with the old stupid newbie one.

Ask Eonwe how he gets his, he's the avatar expert.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
I'm gay

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

drat that's some nice regex there.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Hey kugu is coming back, that might be chill (or it might just be r/eve without CCP employees)

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Tusen Takk posted:

It would be insanely funny if some communist styled alliance nabs them all and only produces T2s and sells them to members only so suddenly they are the most advanced military might in the game and everyone else can suck their dicks

Speaking of which I wonder why we didn't loving do that

too busy playing H1z1

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Landsknecht posted:

this was kinda how it worked for the longest time? Delve/querious/pb had the best/most valuable moon balance in game for a long time (until 6 months after goons took delve, thanks :ccp:), and then technetium was heavily balanced around the north, which made certain entities super-rich

like literally this is why OTECH happened and Larowin knows this well I hope.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

You're pretty dumb if you think that.

PL traditionally always target the R64s etc. when they move into an area to make money while squatting in a region.

What's a good "lovely history analogy" for PL? The Mongols?

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Other Barry posted:

The bad threads are multiplying :ohdear:

They are. I read reddit, and it's full of bad SA Eve threads. This thread and Zulu are the only places I can get away from the ~narrative~ :(

Thanks for being chill, chill thread.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

abigserve posted:

To avoid lowsec gate poo poo altogether, scan for wormholes instead and hide out in the chain, running the sites within, then when you have enough scan until you get a highsec exit then do it again.

It's a bit of a PITA learning how wormholes work but it's worth it in the long run - realizing with a bit of scanning you can basically get from anywhere to anywhere else is amazing. When I left goons I evacced my poo poo to highsec through a lowsec->highsec chain starting in E-FIC0 lol

moving assets around in Eve is the worst part of the game. Hats off to logistics directors. I prefer the "fire sale and buy imports" method.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Otacon posted:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53571905/

that gatecamp has been pretty decent over the past 2 weeks at catching insta-warp ceptors, I think it's remote sebo's and the daredevil pilot, do you remember who got initial point on you first?

Thats not the Test dread cache.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Reverand maynard posted:

first you gotta figure out which one is the true goon guild, and I will respect whichever path you choose to walk

Goonswarm

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

I loled lightly, out loud.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
pubbies

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Jazzzzz posted:

to be fair I'm a pubbie too, suppose I should've just said morons instead

If sure in the rest of SA.com, pubbie is still a revered term, but it has been a mainstream eve meme since like 2010. Beat to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Hubbl3 posted:

Anyone has an idea who disgroontled on reddit is?

None other than Digi himself, that's why no one has figured it out yet.

But seriously this is a topic for the other thread.

• Locked thread