Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

Landsknecht posted:

well ccp just released their t3d changes on sisi, and you're seeing everything get sorta hosed, although the LML jackdaw will now be maybe better (although probably not lmao), and the svipul/confessor will be really worse (RIP svipul or confessor fleets)

the hecate is still a not-great ship, but with the bonuses to SS mode I could see polarized being slightly ok, as it gets even more dps (about 4% more in the new SS mode)

I'm not sure if the changes will stay the same, but CCP prettymuch just took t3ds from being amazing ships to now being ok-but-probably-expensive-for-what-you-get ships

Speaking as a relatively new player who just finished training into doctrine confessors, this a boner killer. On the other hand, this is good preparation for the recurring disappointment of Eve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

Klyith posted:

option 3: train what you like to fly. pick a ship type and bring it on every fleet, even if wildly inappropriate. dgaf about reimbursement, just have fun.

Stocking up on Noctises.

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

ascee recruits from jita directly im pretty sure

Karmafleet are better posters, which is saying very close to nothing.

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

not relevant to his question in the slightest

He asked who was the best feeder. Posting quality is of the utmost relevance.

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

nex posted:

Well, you are in luck as GSF have groups for both Scouting, Exploration and wormhole if you so desire. They already have or are introducing various levels of incentives.
Goonswarm is so huge that there is basically squads and groups for every part of the game that might interest you.

In short: get out of that terrible corp and get in GSF

Think of your old corp as working at a rural car dealership. Joining GSF is like moving to Japan to work for Toyota.

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

4th Horseman posted:

Interdictors are one of the few things in a fleet that requires independent thought

I just finished sabre this week. As an F1 monkey, I look forward to bubbling my own fleet in hilariously incompetent fashion.

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

TimNeilson posted:

If you're only flying t1 fit t1 ships, like you're limited to with the alpha clone nonsense, then do whatever you want. If you're flying an actual fit you should have the ship skill to 4.

You aren't my real space dad.

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

cybertier posted:

I might have a chance to get some (~8) Skill Extractor from an old Account, which I thought I might use to set up PI Skills on the 3 characters on my main account.

Knowing nothing about PI I started googling PI and wormholes but that resulted in rather conflicting information. Some say I should only produce P1/P2 and straight sell that. Some say creating a chain with the available Planets to create P1 -> P2 -> P3 -> P4 is best. Some say that just importing and creating higher end stuff would be best. Also there were hybrid mentioned, like importing some and creating some yourself.

Does anyone have experience with running PI on 3 characters and low-ish amounts of work involved?

It's not so much better/worse as a tradeoff between effort and isk. You can spend all day ferrying stuff between extractor and factory planets to optimize profit.
I run lazy 4/2 (4 basic feeding 2 advanced) planets. Reset extractors every 3 days, transfer P2 to customs office every week or two, collect with a hauler every month-ish for 1B in stuff.

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

cybertier posted:

4/2 means 4 planets that refine their ressources into P1 products and then 2 planets that use those P1 products to produce P2?
A 3 day babysitting time sounds very much like what I'm looking for.

3 days is the P0 extraction cycle. If you can pull 12k per hour of each P0 over 3 days, then no touchie for 36 hours. You need a big enough white blob on scan and enough extraction heads. I'm a loving dork for writing this.

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

RazNation posted:

So here is a question that I am afraid I already know the answer to. I want to re-sub an account. However I have several characters on four other accounts that are also un-subbed. These characters have $$$ISK in their wallets.

Is it possible to have the isk transferred from those dead accounts to the re-subbed one?

By CCP ticket perhaps?

Or do I need to re-sub all those accounts to leach off that isk?

You don't need to sub them. EvE is free to play now, just at low skill level-only. Log in the other guys as "alpha clones" and transfer whatever.

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

Dejawesp posted:

I don't care about being good. I just want to kill people and take their stuff. I got a cynosural generator today! That's easily 10-15 missions worth right there.

I still have things to get a hold on. The peaks are awesome in Eve but the dips are pretty strong too.

Joining a group gives you options. Be a skirmish commander and lead fleets of dudes, blops drop with Black Ops, elite PvP with...donno...somebody must be elite, go in wormholes and dunk nerds, etc etc etc.

Nothing will stop you from solo stuff. You'll just have more options and help.

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

ScreamingLlama posted:

Dude, seriously, just stop with the whisper poo poo already. It was stupid and unfunny from the start and you just look like a tool.

I read this in a low, whispery voice. Breathy, yet strong. There were odd noises in the background, like someone was walking through squelchy mud, but more regular and rhythmic.

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

Simon Numbers posted:

Karmafleet posting on goonfleet.com is at an all time low

Likely you are being trolled by Karmafleet Markov Bot. Sure looks that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

Simon Numbers posted:

Nice to see the go to defense for letting retards in your corp is that they are "trolling" is still being employed. I admire the persistence.

I was making the joke that Karmafleet posts are like Markov bots, spewing arbitrary words strung together in a way that sort of fit context but make no sense. I’ll use smaller words next time I try to be funny.

• Locked thread