Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

*appears like a genie* It is done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Eonwe posted:

you're a good person

I really appreciate that.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Unfunny Poster posted:

Also Video Games/FAU, I'm sorry if this breaks the rules about text logs but this is about a noted idiot who has joind and been kicked out a lot of groups for being well, an idiot.

[17:25:12] Lilith5 > JEFFRAIDER why is half your show about Football?
[17:25:31] JEFFRAIDER > Lilith5 why can't u make and keep friends

I have no idea what any of this says, I apologise.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I didn't realise there was a second thread that was very chill! Hello friends.

I think if I continue to have as much fun during all the days of the trial I play then I will buy month after wards!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am enjoying the absolute heck out of my trial and I think I will get at least one month!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I really have been gifted an absolute ton of ISK. It's really made my heart warm with all the kindness shown my way!

And I too am glad the war got me to try the game. I wanted to understand the reports better and get what was going on. Now I understand and now I know which reports for the thread have substance and which do not. It's been a wonderful week!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I see lots of reports through the games forums (games, PGS and mmo-hmo) and the vast majority I feel are not worthy of being acted upon in terms of how I feel the forum should be run.

The BFM report was awesome for me, because as a thread you guys sorted it out yourselves, which is what I posted (and would hope from most users) and got me to both post in the thread, then play the game.

Really, as a forum I think our rule systems are much more chill than the past and it takes quite a bit for us to meter out the harsh punishments.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Eonwe posted:

yeah, in 2008 when I joined it was probably pretty easy to get probated, so I stayed well within the lines and never posted like I wanted

when Kewpuh really started as mod I think it loosened up a lot, and you guys kind of have kept that trend up

Kewpuh was a really great mod and the first thing he said to me was "remember that the forum is for the posters" which is absolutely true. I don't own Games and I don't want to limit discourse. I just want to be there in case someone needs to remember to be a bit nicer or take some time out.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am totally being a part of the discord! :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Eonwe posted:

hows it going guys

It's going great! This is me at the moment (for those who did not see it in the other thread)

What the heck happened to your avatar??

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am catching up on threads and there are a lot of posts in the other thread. I hope everyone is doing well and I appreciate this thread being so good.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This thread is staying because it is so chill. Never fear friends!

EDIT: Also I warned about being unchill in the other thread and the consequences!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Siets posted:

In honor of your epic thread transformation efforts of today, I plan to buy a mining ship tonight and take beautiful screenshots of the rocks I hoard unto its cargohold and then post them in this thread. :swoon:

This is wonderful! :D All screenshots all the time!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I'm going to go for yes it is! Just as a dissenting voice. I didn't get to play last night and I am stoked to log on this evening after work!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This really does make me so happy you have no idea!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Apologies for not having been around much this weekend but everything people are saying about RVCMF is true. The Corp is newbie not the players. You can be anyone at all and have a place in the Corp as a superfly. Mine, chat, chill. That's the idea behind it! :)

Also I did debate whether or not to show my bulletins with the thread but I am ok with them leaking out instead. It's fun to pretend to be a boss :3:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jazzzzz posted:

Also, gently caress noob corp tax rates.

You will be pleased to know that RVCMF tax rate is 0.5% :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
To reiterate for anyone thinking of coming to this thread and being a nuisance in place of the other: it will result in a ban.

Thank you kindly,
VG

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Libluini posted:

(Crossposting since all those different EVE-threads keep tripping me up.)

Some neat pictures from W-Space:

Just some pretty lights.

A Sleeper drone, just doing its thing.

A flock of Sleepers.

Weird Sleeper-structure.

I can't remember seeing screenshots of this thing, it's apparently a Sleeper battleship.

Better view of the Sleeper-battleship.

These are all absolutely incredible and I really thank you for sharing!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
If I wanted to check the prices of things is there a neat website that lists all regions? I'm going to expand my fleet (two mining ships to add! :D I also think I have the skills for interceptors now as well) and I have no idea where the best place to buy them is.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Syndic Thrass posted:

VG you need to make another character on that account and anchor it in GSF, API wise, so that people can link you poo poo on wiki.goonfleet.com because there's a wealth of stuff you'd wanna read there.
Not just mechanics of eve type stuff but, from person experience, countless tens of hours of history and who's who poo poo on there.

That might be a very good idea actually. I would love to read things. I wouldn't know the first thing about apis and such though.

Also thank you very much Lack of Gravitas and Oodles. :). I am going to get the Ventures big brothers. I forget their names though.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Tangerines posted:

Here's a handy guide for getting your alt into Goonwaffe VG. It explains and provides links for the mystical API aspect.

https://wiki.goonfleet.com/Joining_GoonWaffe_101

Thank you! I am doing the list and it says it wants me to choose All characters when generating my code. Do I have to do that, or can I just select my Alt instead?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Never mind, I see that I am given the option to choose which character if I keep going! That is awesome :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rhymenoserous posted:

Not to backseat mod or anything, but Elsa called him out with a passive aggressive backhanded insult in this here thread thread. If this thread is indeed going to be chill no sperg zone then posting snipey stuff in it shouldn't be allowed, and it certainly shouldn't be the person responding to the snipey stuff that catches the probate.

EDIT: This is not to say Pooki is a swell guy without anger issues our anything :v:

Namaste or something.

It's not backseat modding. I went via the report and the thread title. I didn't stop to look at the post concerning the blowup. I have put in a day for you as well Rain. It is only fair. If you're going to do that kind of post then please not in the chill thread.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

leStrom posted:

So basically gently caress me because im j4g and I think fearless leader is a bit of a prick.

I haven't played this game since uh 2006 looking at my poo poo. But apparently old me knew how to play the game though I am drat sure I could pilot a hound back then it looks like poo poo has changed(while new me is retarded and just reallocated a 30k of skill points randomly)
It looks like im a few days away from getting back in my covert ops frigate. I can pilot cruisers with the option of teching into battleships. I can do "stuff" or I used to be able to do "stuff" but me 10 years ago was also a lot more interested in doing "stuff" and me now doesn't remember how to play loneliness simulator 3016.

I remember having vague ideas of grandeur of either piloting a near invisible missile boat and blowing poo poo up, or playing as a target painter so that the missile boats could do the same. Someone point me in the right direction.

On a side note I'm here to have fun, not dwarf fortress style fun, because when that's what im looking for I play dwarf fortress. I want to feel like my contributions to xxx are somewhat meaningful to the playscape even though I don't even know what that is, and in all honesty I fully expect to quit this poo poo once my IRL life takes a turn for the better. I'm sure I don't fit it any master plans but I still want to gently caress some poo poo up.

Basically I'm the last person anyone wants to deal with, and since I've done this j4g poo poo before I poo poo on your karma crap. I'm not likely to stick around. I'm not here to make long lasting friendships, I don't care what about "politics", I just want to blow some poo poo up and listen to some nerds talk about how cool it was over VOIP, while avoiding whining and backstabery about how the "commander' is an undervalued asset.

Wow.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Does anyone recognise this guy:

It says we dubbed him a white knight. How weird.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Sialia posted:

So yesterday was my first day in Goonwaffe. I thought I had a basic idea how to play Eve but I was quickly proved wrong as mechanics from 0.0 that I was not used to became confounding. I had to learn how to do everything all over again it felt and as I finished reading my 16th wall of text post I realised poo poo is hard.

I cried for help in little bees and someone told me to jump on mumble and all these people gathered around to help me move down, even giving me isk to help. Then they took me out ratting and babysat me the whole way.

Then, after all that, I got to go out on a fleet. We killed a stabber who was shooting me and another ship I forget the name of and they had me in half structure but I lived. I was shaking.

I feel pretty happy about the whole thing. Goons is a good place to be for a new player.

This sounds exciting! To think this awaits me in the future :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jazzzzz posted:

still better than posting on ambien

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

eonwe posted:

im posting here because i saw the other thread is locked

It is now unlocked :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
No problem! I love fixing titles, and avs and thread tags. :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Who is pony avataring people? :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Please remember this is very much the chill thread my friends!
Here we sing *kumbaya* :D

• Locked thread