Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Bad game imo, very poo poo. Play star citizen instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
In eve if you play for less than 10 hours a week you are a casual

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Also it looks like a spreadsheet

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
So is this the MMO HMO hellthread?
trick question - every thread in MMO HMO is a hellthread :kheldragar:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Also what happened to DBRB? I used to like his bombing groups.

All the goonfleet superstars I liked are gone/going/banned/quit/in PL now/drug overdose probably :smith:

Not that I'd play with space aids still in but it would be nice to have the option in theory

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Khablam posted:

He had some lovely video about trying to go to jove space which was about 2x the allowed time on itself. He also used it two years running.

and to think ccp freaked out when mittani told a dude to kill himself

i'm still mad they nullified my vote for their stupid space council in the aftermath of that. USA should teach the icelands some democracy imo

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Khablam posted:

It needs to somehow fail to bring over evegoons, and then it'll be fine.
Starfleet dental was(is? idk) a good example of goons making GBS threads on pubbies and making them want to die, without any spreadsheets or turbosperg.

As soon as mittens started talking about crossing over into SC any hope of that pretty much went.

starfleet dental was good in guild wars 2. i haven't played with them in other games though.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Greyscale did nothing wrong. In fact, he didn't go far enough. Nerf JF to 5ly range please.

Nah, Eve was boring and punishing enough already before they decided living in null was too easy. Rifters at the sun gets old quick but you can subsist for years on big epic battles that people would sperg about for weeks after. Fozziesov and space aids took that gameplay out the back and shot it though.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

crew posted:

Yesterday/today was the Asakai and B-R anniversary never forget

I was at B-R. For me putting elite pvp in their place was as satisfying as killing Band of Brothers. Literally for months they'd been sperging on Kugu about how they own at supers and once they catch goons with their pants down we're done. Then we get pretty equal numbers and just obliterate them. Even better we won in no small part because the elite pvpers made a bunch of bad calls, like at first focusing on killing dreadnaughts and when the finally switched to titans going for one that would obviously be supertanked (in contrast we left Sir Molle's until the mopping up phase). Such a cool battle and a sweet victory. We'll never see it's like again :saddowns:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Siets posted:

I was flying a Celestis for FYF in B-R for about 4 hours before I got so bored that I just rage logged out mid-fight. It's cool to say that I was there, but god drat... To spend 4 hours and know that you maybe got off only a handful of jams on various targets because of ti-di is not a very good feeling.

As all things with Eve: cool to talk about, boring-bordering-on-awful to participate in.

(Note: This is not a post in defense of Fozziesov, which basically shut down B-R style events in favor of... well... nothing instead. Wait I take that back, Fozziesov replaced B-R first with trollceptors, THEN with nothing.)

It's like sports related violence, sure you're getting punched in the face and that sucks but you did get to stomp the dude who said something bad about your team. Only on the internet and no one is arrested

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

some not fast enough :smugdog:

i mean it wasn't really even numbers

It really was as these things go. The vast majority of super fights were ganks or turkey-shooting things that are no threat. That was a proper knock down fight and the losses reflect that. Like the big dread battles that used to happen before supers made them obsolete

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

ChickenWing posted:

Actually that was a fuckup due to spy/server issues, rather than target picking. Sort Dragon had a sort of proto-DC iirc, where he thought he'd DC'ed (and so all of his hardeners etc would be off, making him by far the easiest target on the battlefield), but his session stayed alive, so all his modules stayed on, so he ate about a billion doomsdays while we picked up ~7-12 more titan kills.

That's cool to know. Was definitely the kill the whole fight turned on.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
What did i miss? Looked normal to me on an ipad

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Kimsemus posted:

For 2-3 minutes every word was parsed with USER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THIS POST. It's fixed now I think.

The ghost of mmo hmo future :ohdear:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

balistafreak posted:

Social pressure is a helluva thing. I've heard enough griping and groaning about the latest "man I was up until __________ because I had to shoot a structure/make a reinforcement timer/stick with a committed fleet that escalated and went to TIDI/stay with a roam". Sure, there's a narrative of "we don't force anyone to do anything", but in every organization/guild/clan/whatever there's expectations and a culture to help out the guy next to you and listen to some degree about what anyone in leadership says, and they felt it, they felt that they "had to" do things they didn't want to and/or like. Don't tell me that doesn't exist in GSF, because otherwise GSF would never have gotten anything done. You might not call it a CTA and you might not mandate attendance, but at the end of the day there's going to be big group stuff happening that people will be getting involved with and unfortunately 100% of that is so unappealing to me I really just want to distance myself from it as far as possible.

To make an analogy, I consider big nullsec stuff to be like a cult that you absolutely cannot stomach the idea of. The people in the cult might be super pleasant and cool outside of that cult, but at the end of the day the fact that they're in that cult bothers you so much that you just can't bring yourself to become extremely close friends with them, the kind who would be your best man at a wedding or give you a place to sleep when your house burns down, because you know that inevitably the cult is going to become part of that friendship; because it's such a big part of the other person's life, befriending them means getting involved with that cult to some degree. Not saying that GSF is a cult (lol) but that's just how I feel.

I afk ratted for a super while a million TIDI fights went on and never felt any social pressure to do anything. Anyone who gave you poo poo about doing your own thing would be laughed out of the space guild. Your hang ups about 0.0 are in your head. at least where goons are concerned

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eonwe posted:

eve is really bad

:agreed:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

One DOT vs two DOTS. The outcome was never really in doubt.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Reverand maynard posted:

also I mean why would I play a loving mediocre FPS when TF2 and PS2 are both free

If there was a wrecking eve sperglords poo poo meta people might. You might be able to do that if there isn't a console barrier to entry. But CCP would gently caress it up.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Third World Reggin posted:

I plan to steal $150 worth of free black desert online keys and then scam them

please do not concern troll me eonwe

is the scam tricking goons into playing another terrible anime mmo?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Bacontotem posted:

I kinda want to resub and smash rifters into people's assholes, but then I'd be playing eve.

this is my eternal struggle

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Blazing Zero posted:

yeah, tempus thales. he doesnt even play this game. hes in the discord pm'ing women

e: i dont understand his thirst. didnt he say he had a wife??

discord deets plox

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Red Crown posted:

Patch FAQs:

Q: What is "rolling a hard six"?

A: I don't know, it's just something my dad says

Woah I don't remember BSG being so fat

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
The division is ~30 hours of fun

Eve is ~10000 hours of boredom, decline, regret, neglect and failure

Buy whichever fits your needs better

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

ChickenWing posted:

in this thread there are no enemies

there is no hurf

there is only chill

luv 2 hurf, luv 2 blurf

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I don't like hard action games. Hard strategy games like Xcom 2 or CK2 I can tinker around with and figure out but butan mashing games just get frustrating.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Reddit will always be uniquely poo poo for discussing anything because of the voting system

Unless it's posting cats and voting for your favorite cat Reddit is a bad platform for anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Dalael posted:

I don't think reddit is the problem. Yes its a bad platform, but the users are the problem.
R/eve is poo poo. Failheap is poo poo. Kugu was poo poo. This thread is poo poo. What do they all have in common? EVE players.

Kugu had it's moments. It only really went to poo poo after goons stopped caring leaving just elite pvpers to circlejerk all day. Around the Halloween war time there was some fun back and forth.

• Locked thread