Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sandpiper
Jun 1, 2007

hhehehehehe
september 16th, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Mighty No/Nein - my response if someone asks me if I'm interested in this game

sandpiper
Jun 1, 2007

hhehehehehe
To the fans eagerly awaiting the release of Mighty No. 9,

Unfortunately, we have an announcement that will be very disappointing to all of you. In preparation for the February release of Mighty No. 9 we have been working hard with our partners to resolve any network issues and porting work necessary to publish Mighty No. 9 on the various platforms. However, the issues relating to the network modes were more critical than expected, and it has become apparent that we will need to delay the game from its February 9th release date. We have been working up until the very last moment to resolve these issues in order to make the February release, but it has become clear that we no longer have enough time to fix the issues and have everything prepared for release.

The reason for the delay is rooted in bugs inside the network modes, and specifically problems with matchmaking. There are two large reasons for this problem, one of them being the large number of platforms supported (the solution for each platform is slightly different) and the other stems from the fact that the engine we are using is no longer being updated which means adjustments for matchmaking and online code are being made manually (actually reprogramming parts of the engine by the dev team themselves). Unfortunately, this is all a result of miscalculations on the part of us, the development staff. As a result, our fans who have been looking forward to Mighty No. 9 have been forced to wait for over half a year longer than expected, and for that we are sincerely sorry. I want to take this chance to apologize personally, and on the behalf of the development staff.

Over the end of the year break and the beginning of 2016, the development staff has been working on these issues non-stop without break, and thanks to their hard work the end is in sight. We continue to make progress to resolve these last issues that have been holding up the release of the game on the different platforms.

Because we are constantly working on it in cooperation with all our partners, we want to wait and make sure that everything is confirmed to be ready before giving a new specific release date. But we expect it to realistically be in Spring 2016.

For this 3rd delay of the game, we have no excuses for disappointing our fans and especially our backers once more. We want to take this chance to express our sincerest apologies to everyone who has looked forward to the release.

Although we are far past our original release date, the release of Mighty No. 9 is still right around the corner. We are all working hard to make sure that we can finish and release the game to all of our fans as quickly as possible, and ask once more for your support of this project that we have created together over these last few years.

Keiji Inafune

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
OP I need you to kill yourself

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

drat, wait until the guys in the Star Citizen thread, which I like now as a mod, hear about this other delayed and/or troubled Kickstarter project. Thanks!

sandpiper
Jun 1, 2007

hhehehehehe

rediscover posted:

OP I need you to kill yourself

i might, i'm stupid enough to have backed the project back when it went live

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What other Kickstarter projects are delayed and/or troubled? I want to mine this comedy vein like I'm playing EVE (fun joke for the Star Citizen thread).

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

maybe you should delay your posting again OP

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

doobie is losing his doghouse

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
september 16th, 2015. hmph, yeah right. release day. more like day of lies. can't believe i spent my drat money on it back when it went live

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Soral
May 30, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

This.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Squall: "Whatever"

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
is this the game where they delayed it so they could make a prologue anime for the game?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

lmao

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

sandpiper posted:

september 11th, 2015

Mighty Nostalgic 9/11

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Number 9 is what they call one of the combo meals at McDonalds so you could probably get some empty quotes if you work that angle op. Well see ya.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ME: I'll have the Mighty number 9 please.
Sir, this is a game development studio.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Wormskull posted:

:bravo:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FGDgOnGT8I

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wormskull posted:

[trying not to look at camera] But I wanted fast food!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

[trying not to look at camera] But I wanted fast food!

LOl

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Ignore the trolls, OP. :rolleyes: give me the rundown, I've been out of the loop. Don't skimp on details.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
at this rate Barkley 2 will come out before it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Average Bear posted:

Ignore the trolls, OP. :rolleyes: give me the rundown, I've been out of the loop. Don't skimp on details.

the OP is being a bit.... keiji.. :smugmrgw:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

SeXReX posted:

Goldmine.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

SeXReX posted:

This dude is ON FIRE lately. :hellyeah:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

the OP is being a bit.... keiji.. :smugmrgw:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Dec 26, 2012

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SeXReX posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread