Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Just started this since it was 40% off. The pod drifts? I guess me thinking it seemed like a further hike to the fabricator wasn't just in my head. I WISH I COULD FIND ANOTHER SOLAR PANEL FRAGMENT :argh:

I've found about 400 bioreactor fragments tho, if only I could find a mushroom forest in my immediate vicinity.

Azhais fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Brick Shipment posted:

Can you build an aquarium for the fishies in this game? I'm a bit over the survival genre, but the creatures in this game look so drat good.

Yeah, there's a couple aquariums, and there's also just big picture windows you can build to look upon the creatures in the wild.

I assume at least some of the aquariums are for farming (not that that necessarily precludes giant fish tank), but I've not gotten that far in the couple hours I've been playing with it

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Brick Shipment posted:

Sweet thanks, that's all I needed to hear in regard to aquariums.
And as this is singleplayer I assume no time passes when you close the game?

Not that I've noticed anyway

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

GenericOverusedName posted:

I'm wondering if it's from pushing it, accidentally or not, and it just never stops?

Yeah, I'm not sure. I started before the current patch on carebear mode while I figured out wth I was doing, and the thing was definitely drifting. I just restarted on survival now that I have the basics down, and my pod hasn't gone anywhere, spawned like 2m above another crashed pod so there's a nice easy landmark to see it ain't moving.

I think my pod says the gravity anchor is offline too.

Built me a seamoth last night. Gonna make a couple of spare powercells then I'm going to find a goddamn mushroom tree if it kills me. Hopefully this geyser thing I built my hab next to has some sort of geothermal option eventually, but if not it's still a cool thing to have outside the windows.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Iznogood posted:

Yeah got my first base going. Things are looking up I have the first propulsion thingy forgot the name and it's much faster and fun to get around.

That's the seabassmoth

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Efexeye posted:

If my base loses power do the fish in my aquariums die?

GlyphGryph posted:

No, they're fine.

Yeah, I had an aquarium long before I even had a working power source. good thing too, not a single fish near my base all of a sudden, so its a good thing I got 10 peepers at hand at all times

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
You know, the whole "cool poo poo being in super dangerous areas" thing kinda bugs me. I understand it from the "It's a game, progression!" perspective, but from the "The ship crashed and various parts got thrown around and you get to scan them to teach your replicator how to make them" perspective it's irritating.

I've decided that the survivor must be the biggest rear end in a top hat in the universe, and the only reason you're the sole survivor is that everyone else banded together during the crash to throw the good stuff overboard in the largest concentration of sharks they could find. "So we're in agreement then? gently caress Bob. Drag that cyclops console over here, I think I see a reaper."

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Thor-Stryker posted:

The Cyclops requires a tremendous amount of player energy to use, you must now eat and drink twice as much when inside.

This better include a Flinstones like hole in the base of the sub so you can stick your flippers through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

GrandpaPants posted:

You should suggest that players should have to play a minigame to operate the Cyclops because verisimilitude or something. Let's go with a rhythm game because why not?

This is probably the best way to fight the hardcore game ruiners. Just start posting aaaaaalmost reasonable suggestions on why the game isn't hardcore enough