Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

OgNar posted:

Its staying unfinished until release.
Its in good condition now and is pretty fun.
Though personally I like Subnautica more, I still enjoy it.
If you haven't bought it yet, It goes up in price on Jan 5th I think.

e: check this link, I can't tell because I have Below Zero on Steam but Subnautica from the EGS freebie.
But you might get a slight discount if you have Subnautica already on Steam.
Maybe only like $2 off with the bundle discount.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/10076/Deep_Ocean_Bundle/

So is most of the content done? Size-wise, all the biomes are in and you can explore and build cool-looking bases? I just picked up said bundle but am waffling on whether to jump in now or wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I never took the cyclops deeper then the lost river. Yea you could take it down to the lava zone, but why? The prawn is much better there.

Didn't it take forever to walk there? I didn't really like driving the cyclops either but I thought that using it to carry a Prawn suit down to that crater above the lava zone was what you were "supposed" to do.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Also make the day/night cycles longer and make them actually matter, like some really bad predators only come out at night.

e: and give you something more to do if you end up under siege in your base at night. Yes I know I've reinvented zombie survival games but still.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

It's a shame, too, because that geothermal crater down the slope from the mushroom forest would make a great mid-game base location.

My bases were on the border of the safe shallows and grassy plateau, then midgame on the floating island with the vent, and late game in the lost river on the shelf overlooking the tree.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

WarpedNaba posted:

Green Hell

Is that any good? I've seen it come up a few times on Steam and it looks interesting.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Serephina posted:

You know? I was really excited to see the "base attached air pump", but I never used one, never even considered it. Any time I could see something to dive for, I could risk it, and other than that it was "oh yea this is dangerous and I see a ton of sharks, nevermind".

Shame!

I figured that those were intended for putting outside your base so you could fill up your tank while you worked on getting your layout just right, but popping back into the hatch was never not convenient and quick.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Oasx posted:

Btw. they mentioned on twitter that they are adding mod support to both games.

sweet, looking forward to the mod that replaces all the reapers with those anime girl versions of world war 2 battleships

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I got sick over New Year's and conveniently remembered that this game existed. Turns out tooling around gathering resources and avoiding leviathans is a pretty good way to spend time recovering from a cold! Anyway, here's my base that's taken me all the way up to the early endgame.

I'm pretty proud of it, but am currently halfway through mostly disassembling it to construct my new main base in the Lost River across from the big tree.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I've definitely had crab squid and the mushroom-dwelling snakes chomp on my seamoth while I've been exploring the Degassi ruins.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

If people are stealing jokes from the thread for Reddit, then I'm stealing a Reddit joke for this thread:

"GaaS? What do you mean there will be GaaS? I have gas right here."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Counterpoint: there should never be a "scan this" icon, every time you want to scan something you should have to solve a puzzle in real time, and you can run out of air or get eaten while in the puzzle interface.