Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Xanderkish posted:

So I got this game and encountered my first reaper and loving gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress loving gently caress gently caress

So yeah, now I'm playing creative mode and building a nice underwater base in the safe shallows and never ever leaving there again.

10/10 Game of the year.

This never gets old:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flOWPMU5VTs&t=1094s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

IronDoge posted:

Now that I have my Cyclops I find myself not going back to the game so much. Do they have plans of adding in and endgame of some sort? It's always nice to have a goal to work towards

You can see on the dev roadmap that they're working on fleshing out the "main story," so it's a pretty good bet there will be one.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Invalid Validation posted:

What happens to vehicles when they get to 0 durability? I haven't had the courage to try yet.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

7 days to die is a good base building, crafting, and exploration.

It's the most satisfying one I've played (out of ARK, The Forest, Subnautica and The Long Dark). I think there are elements of those other games that do it better than 7DTD (Subnautica is more polished overall, Forest has more interesting enemies, etc) but 7DTD is the one I keep coming back to.

I haven't touched Subnautica in a while, and every time I think about coming back I read this thread and :whitewater: Part of me wants to wait till it hits final but they keep pushing it back...

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

DreadLlama posted:

If you guys are doing mods can we get one where the grappling hook works like it did in Just Cause?

I can just picture a sand shark sailing away yelling "He got me with his wire ting!"

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

btw, is there some secret magic to Crashfish or whatever they're called, besides "swim backwards very fast and accept you're gonna lose some life?"

Do a barrel roll If you have a seaglide, just drive away from them and if you're not already in a cave, head for one and try to lose it. They eventually explode on their own.

You can also do this without a seaglide but it's a little tougher.

So I stopped playing this in late 2015/early 2016 (around the time they implemented Lost River and definitely before the Prawn was playable) with like 40 hours played because I was getting bored and wanted to wait till it was done. After reading all the :supaburn: and :ohdear: in this thread for the remainder of that time, I adjusted my expectations downward. I reinstalled it this weekend and put about 10 hours in and...I guess I'm pleasantly surprised, it's still fun.

Some of the tech gating and other UI stuff is still annoying, but I enjoy the story additions and some of the improvements they made to tech/structures/etc (scanning rooms were poo poo when I last played and now they're pretty awesome) is good.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Last night I decided to take my Prawn (with no jump jet enhancement and one grappling hook) down to the Degasi base in the Grand Reef. I couldn't find my way back out because the warpers and crabsquids there were loving with me and the suit and I got messed up, even while using that external map viewer. I ended up moving east to west through the Lost River, hugging the wall so the ghost leviathan there didn't take an interest in me, before I managed to find an exit to the blood kelp (?) region on the west side of the map. That was a heck of a journey :v:

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Section Z posted:

As for the lost river, there are a few popular entry points. But the one I've been using these days is a bit of a trip to the one at the border of the Bulb/Koosh zone and the mountain biome. It's a longer drive on the surface, but it's made up for how much more convenient the tunnel route is. why, you can even manage without the cameras (mostly). Just be mindful that there is a ghost levi who spancamps the initial tunnel, and while it's wide enough for both of you the terrain proximity seems to do something to their AI to make them still want to attack my cyclops even with slow+silent running+decoy. So I just hammer the decoy button three times and pop shields if it looks like he's gonna ignore all of them again.

It's funny, I just went there tonight for the first time. Snuck by the guy in my Prawn to check out the nearby facility but on my way out I aggroed him on the sub and he nearly wrecked it. Jumped back out in my Prawn and rode him with the grappling hook until he disappeared into the cave ceiling, never to return. That was sort of anti-climactic.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

The PDA said the dragon guy is super dangerous and I should steer clear of him. He seemed pretty chill to me. He would show up while I'm in my prawn and make some noises. Then he shoots fire at some fish nerds that were bothering me.

I was drilling some kyanite and he used me as a chew toy :mad:

I survived but holy poo poo.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Beat the game last night. I have a few complaints (mid/end-game stuff feels rushed and artificially stretched out) but overall this is probably one of the best and most well-presented survival games out there.

My time capsule:

https://imgur.com/PGidZOa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

edit - quote is not edit