Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

whast the best picross game. ive never played one and i heard theyre good puzzle games.

pokemon picross is fun but its a f2p trap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

pokemon picross is fun but its a f2p trap

once you pay $30 total it wont let you pay anymore and just gives you infinite f2p gems because nintendo is ok

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book posted:

once you pay $30 total it wont let you pay anymore and just gives you infinite f2p gems because nintendo is ok

That's chill. Nintendo actually having being decent enough to not have people paying hundos to escape the horrible energy and in game currency hell

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

http://store.steampowered.com/app/385250/ is the only steam based picross game, it's solid but not as good as ninty ones.

http://picture-enigmas.com/ is a good flash based game, plus it has picross similar poo poo as well.

Dec 26, 2012

elf help book posted:

that owns

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

I started this yesterday coincidentally and I really like it. I was breezing through it until they introduced the light reflectors and I feel like there something broken in my brain because I can't comprehend them in the slightest

There were about a dozen different times where my tiny primate brain was completely blown after solving a puzzle. The difficulty curve is really good in that game

some of the hidden stars can go to hell though

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

There were about a dozen different times where my tiny primate brain was completely blown after solving a puzzle. The difficulty curve is really good in that game

some of the hidden stars can go to hell though

i used a guide to tell me where they all are and it turns out the reward for them sucks lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Picross DS is the best but cartridge only, The Picross e games are super cheap and are really good entry-level picross games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

i used a guide to tell me where they all are and it turns out the reward for them sucks lol

drat...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just figured out a solution to a puzzle on the drive to work ad will have to write it down so I don't forget

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Enough!!!!!! I'm going to beat Spacechem and TIS-100

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spacechem is so sick. Have you played Infinifactory. Now that's a game that's completely impenetrable to me. I managed the first few tutorial levels and then once you get thrown in the deep end and have to navigate 3D spacechem puzzles my brain fried

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

No Such Thing posted:

http://picture-enigmas.com/ is a good flash based game, plus it has picross similar poo poo as well.

Thank you for this, it's cool

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

In Training posted:

Spacechem is so sick. Have you played Infinifactory. Now that's a game that's completely impenetrable to me. I managed the first few tutorial levels and then once you get thrown in the deep end and have to navigate 3D spacechem puzzles my brain fried

No but that sounds awesome. These games hurt my self esteem though cause I'm a programmer and a bunch of my steam friends who arent programmers are kicking my rear end all over the leaderboards

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Ristolaz posted:

No but that sounds awesome. These games hurt my self esteem though cause I'm a programmer and a bunch of my steam friends who arent programmers are kicking my rear end all over the leaderboards

lmao

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
infinifactory was cool but I got distracted and stopped playing about halfway through (a few levels after the grinders showed up)... should go back to that someday.

also it crashes on launch about 3/4ths of the time

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Ristolaz posted:

Enough!!!!!! I'm going to beat Spacechem and TIS-100

Thanks you for reminding me to finish Spacechem, preferably this year

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i gifted tis-100 to a friend of mine who works for microsoft because i knew he would love it

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
a billion years ago i wrote my own picross game in jabba script where you could make + share your own puzzles it wasn't too complex

a fun thing i would do if i didn't piss my free time into the toilet is remake it maybe with server side stuff to have users w/ their created levels and leaderboards and stuff

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Shitness.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The Shitness.

Nice.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The Shitness.

Rivals.com pun. User loses posting privileges for 3 days.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hearing a little bit more about the game it sounds better than I originally thought but it's definitely prime PS+ material.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The Shitness.

I made that post already! gently caress you!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I need to spend that $40 on Mario Tennis Power Tour, Mario Golf Advance Tour, Mario 64, Pokemon Pinball, and A Link to the Past, on the wii u

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

A Monkey Island/Valkyria Chronicles x-over...

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I made that post already! gently caress you!

You're on my ignore list you stupid Brazilian bastard.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You're on my ignore list you stupid Brazilian bastard.

You are a rat. Bye!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna use this thread to talk about puzzle games since I'm on a puzzle game kick atm. Almost done with all the regular puzzles in Talos Principle (the stars just seem annoying) and then I'm probably going to play Catherine. Puzzle games ftw

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Silent hill 3 with hard puzzles on

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

play Ghost Trick if you haven't already

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
playing The Witness is making me do teh Grinch heart expanding thing but with my brain/

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It's a game for Feel-sensitive geniuses.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Escape Goat games are pretty fun puzzle platformers

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

In Training posted:

I'm gonna use this thread to talk about puzzle games since I'm on a puzzle game kick atm. Almost done with all the regular puzzles in Talos Principle (the stars just seem annoying) and then I'm probably going to play Catherine. Puzzle games ftw

I liked the stars. they're mostly about using things between and outside puzzles, which is cool

that being said, the sphinx one is bullshit.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

imma big retard and brute force all the puzzels

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Wasn't too keen on braid but this game is terrific so far.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Shitpiss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I feel like Talos Principle already came out and did the first person puzzle solving better than this will but i'll probably get it when it drops below $30

this, but when it falls below $15

• Locked thread