Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I think the actor they choose for Lucifer is just perfect. His smugness is awesome.

Him not hiding that fact he is Lucifer is really nice. Glad they don't have to hide it just to hide it because no one would ever believe someone to be Lucifer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Random Stranger posted:

They're going to run out of devil themed songs by the half-way point of the season...

I'm been enjoying the songs they had.

Enjoyed the 2nd episode. Ending was sweet and the dual was pretty awesome. I hope him and his brother eventually do fight.

I hope we get more therapy sessions.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 2, 2016

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Did figured the girl was behind it all but not why and that her brother was in on it.

The wing scars were a nice touch. I'm going to guess that Maze(?) is going to ask Lucifer to prove he still has it which I'm thinking she turns on him if doesn't.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Episode was really good. Having the episode focus more on Lucifer was what the show should be. This is the most 'procedural' it should get while pushing some main story along.

The Russian dolls were just perfect. And his wings look pretty badass.

The final scene with doctor was amazing.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Snak posted:

I really like how he often grins like an idiot while he's hunting people down. That in itself comes off as pretty scary.

The grin and facial expressions he has really sell it for me. He just looks mischievous when he grins.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Holyshoot posted:

THERE IS A DEVIL! Praise the Devil!

All hail The Dark Lord. Great to hear.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Loved the final episode.

I don't think they will do this but I hope they don't have their Mom be revealed as someone we already met. I keep thinking it's going to be the therapist.

Seconding whoever says they want Lucifer and his brother to stick together more. The fight scene was pretty awesome and they do have pretty good chemistry.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Season 2 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpyVaZjg8yY

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

adhuin posted:

Yeah. That version of All along the watchtowers was really nice.

It was great. His voice is just different for that song and sounds great to me.

Solid start episode to the season.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

spooky like this! posted:

He said he did it and then it happened again and they never went back to explain why the guy confessed in the first place.

What bothered me more was Lucifer was one or two words away from asking the question in his way and he doesn't continue it to be sure! He has said in the past people lie and then just believes the guy?

I second more piano Lucifer. Can't get enough.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Zebulon posted:

Maze and Trixie are an amazing power team.

Edit: And Unforgiven owns, especially for this episode.

Unforgiven was a solid choice. Sad we didn't get any lyrics sung.

Echoing they made a good choice with the look of Lucifer. And the doc's reaction I think was right.

Doesn't look like a grin too me.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Now I hope Lucifer sings his version of "Angel of Death" by Slayer on the piano.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

hangedman1984 posted:

Tim Omundson should be in literally everything.

Guy was awesome on Psych and his role on Galavant was just so perfect.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

grack posted:

Also we need to start a petition to get Timothy Omundson on to the show on a regular basis.

Can't agree more with this in regards to any show. All shows needs more Timothy Omundson.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Azhais posted:

It's on FOX, you'd have been more likely to get a sleepy hollow crossover

Crane and Lucifer meeting would actually be pretty funny. But that show finally got cancelled.

Loved the season finale. Very relieved that they didn't kill the doc off, would of been a mistake.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

grack posted:

I'm actually surprised that Maze didn't get written off for a while considering that Lesley Ann-Brandt is pregnant. I'm wondering what the "throw stuff at your TV" comment was for, or was it Lucifer finally being willing to show Chloe his true face and then getting bonked in the head and dumped in the desert?. I mean, he has his wings, he can just fly back to LA in a manner of seconds.

Also, nice to see Amenadiel finally get his powers back and stop being such a whiny poo poo.

Well I'm glad they haven't written her off (if they do) cause we would miss out on the best duo of Trixie and Maze.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
That was a great loving ending.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

The Lord Bude posted:

He’s fabulous in Galavant; If you haven’t seen it you absolutely must.

:agreed:
So glad they managed a second season of that show to properly end it.

Would love to see him back on the show at some point

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

There Bias Two posted:

Wait, it had a proper ending?! I need to watch S2 now. I figured it was cancelled on a cliffhanger so I never bothered.

There is a bit of a cliffhanger at the end but for the most part I would say the wrapped it up pretty good. But it has been a while since I rewatched it.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

KIT HAGS posted:

See also: Sleepy Hollow, also by Fox.

Also Human Target. Also by Fox

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
It sucks but after this past season it's not all that shocking.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Elentor posted:

Well that was quite the cliffhanger.

And a solid episode too.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

The Lord Bude posted:

I miss forever too... Honestly I think forever deserved renewal for a second season more than Lucifer deserved a 4th. It was a great show and the procedural side of it was much better than average.

If you're craving more Ioan Gruffudd, he is currently playing another crime solving forensic pathologist (not of the immortal variety however) in the really good Australian tv show Harrow. Season one is 10 episodes and it has been renewed.

Would recommend Harrow for more Gruffudd. I just randomly found the show and caught the first episode solely because of him. It was a solid first season and he was great in it.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I do not know honestly.

I resort to other means :filez:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Postal Parcel posted:

"Furries get a bad rep. Most furries aren't sexual"
There's a reason why this show was canceled

e2:
God is British. :what:

God was voiced by Neil Gaiman so it fits perfectly for the show.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

SiKboy posted:

The first season of Sleepy Hollow was So drat Good. I have literally never seen such a rapid drop-off in quality as that show moving into season 2.

I loved that first season and stuck with the show till the bitter end.

Only other show I can think of right now that had a similar drop-off was another Fox show Human Target. Season 1 was amazing then they changed practically everything in the next season including the theme song which totally rocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
That is awesome news!

Hail Lucifer :devil:

While I know nothing about how anything works I do hope with Netflix backing the show it finds its way more to the comic books and the supernatural elements are more centerpiece to the show.

Also, more Tom Ellis singing and playing the piano.

• Locked thread