Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

hangedman1984 posted:

Lol, has anything One Million Moms ever been the slightest bit effective

They tanked the Ellen JC Penney campaign but that was more because the campaign also coincided with JCP going to a 'no sales ever, everyday low prices!' strategy that drove down revenue by a huge amount (and caused the CEO to get replaced) than anything they did.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jan 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Tiggum posted:

Has that ever happened in any TV show ever?

The Wire, though they don't really go much into the court aspects of it aside from the Bird case.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
It's surprising that this show so far has had the best freshman season of the bunch. Guess Rush getting cancelled worked out for the lead actor.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Tricia Helfer has still got it, though it's sad that everything she's done since BSG has gotten cancelled or not ordered to a full series (Ascension). I always thought she would have been a better Cersei than Headey since they were both up for the part.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Whoops, somebody broke the doctor.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Astrofig posted:

Oh god Chloe's going to regret that so much....

OMG LUCIFER'S AMERICAN ACCENT WHAT

You should have seen Rush, he was good in it.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Astrofig posted:

Yeah IIRC he had at least one brother----James? I think? Or Simon? Possibly both of those?

I believe his name was Craig.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

DivisionPost posted:

Yeah but you see

She inherited this talent from her short stint on Dexter obviously.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Poetic Justice posted:

The writing of these last two episodes doesn't seem as good to me compared to last season. Did they get different writers or something? Am I the only one?

Probably if they didn't lock them down for the extended season.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Measly Twerp posted:

They need to move on. Chloe needs to understand who Lucifer is, what she is and what that means for both of them. There's at least a season in that idea, it just feels way to late to start it now.

Holding pattern will they/ won't they bullshit is the worst kind of status quo writing gimmick for these style of shows.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Blind Rasputin posted:

Man, season 2 was some legit tv but this last episode was just a slog to get through. I’m not sure what’s happening to this show but I feel the Cain thing has turned into a real flounder.

Relegating Maze to a background character because the actress was pregnant sort of backfired on them.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Helfer was one of the primary stars of the BSG reboot and while it was a decade ago her performance still holds up. (Better than Grace Park's anyways)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I'm kinda surprised they were even thinking it's her. Didn't the episode a few weeks back for the flashback say she couldn't kill anyone?

LOVED Tricia Helfer in this episode. She is not really well known as a dramatic actor but drat they are giving her some great material to work with and she is killing it.

Hating that 3 week break again though :argh:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

KIT HAGS posted:

Did the actress who plays Chloe always have a forehead that was botoxed to hell and back? I can’t help but notice that it never moves—her brow never furrows, her eyebrows never arch—but I feel like it’s only been the past few episodes.

This is all I can see now and it feels at times like they've cut some scenes around her inability to move her eyebrows.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
It would probably have come across better if Pierce wasn't a superman at having a complete lack of charisma plus the whole sandbagging of Maze's character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

dex_sda posted:

yaaaay I hope they've learned lessons from season 3

Vital lessons that any WB viewer would have known, such as, don't give Tom Welling work.

• Locked thread