Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Is...is that actually a thing? I assumed the writers made it up....

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Of course he can sing. Of course he can.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Yup.

Also, odds that those dolls contain sinners' souls? (Judas Iscariot and etc.?)

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Titan posted:

I hope they go into why Lucifer cut his wings off.

I kind of got the impression that he didn't do it himself----that it was more like they were forcibly removed as part of his punishment (hence, presumably, those nasty scars.) I do hope we get to see him with them on at least once though, if only for Chloe's 'oh loving poo poo he may be an actual angel what the christing shitfuck!111' expression.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
During that first scene on the beach, I really hoped Amenadiel was going to unfurl his own wings at the end, just to be a dick like that.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Oh look, the Devil went down to Georgia.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Also, (un)holy guyliner, Luci!

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I wondered if Lucifer needed to eat like those pesky humans.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Awww, Maze.....hopefully your next friend can legally drink.

Though I do wonder if she would actually have let the child drink that Scotch.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Lucifer: It's Amazikeen!

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

odiv posted:

We've seen super strength at least twice. The sports agent and the priest killer.

And the guy who stole his wings----dude struggled to lug a heavy oil drum over in front of the door; Lucifer effortlessly slammed said door open one-handed and sent the drum flying.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

oh jay posted:

No need to bring dear old dad into this.

Ugh, WHY did you have to bring Him up?!?

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Deliberately, though----the advertising will hype it up, like, 'Can YOOOO figure out what made this happen?!?'

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Interesting. Apparently Lucifer is only vulnerable around Chloe.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I thought the whole 'inadmissible if they don't read you your rights' thing was a myth----isn't that only if they're going to question you?

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Gonz posted:

The gunshot residue test will fail, yes.

But the Devil residue test will come back positive!

Brimstone!

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

It's Trixie. Calling it. You guys can quote me when I'm right in season 4.

Spoiler: she is literally the Anti-Christ, the result of a one-night-stand Luci had with some rando chick (probably named Mary or Maria or suchlike) on his first night on Earth. Her mom died when she was born and Chloe Decker adopted her. This would also explain why she resembles neither of her 'parents', but does look a little like Lucifer.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
"You were about to make a sexual joke about putting me in a position, weren't you?"

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
GUESSES TIME! Who's their 'mom'?

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Well THAT's new. Never heard of a "Mom" before. Geez, what did SHE do?!

Did the Sex and enjoyed it. also wasn't married while so doing.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Enh... I dunno. If "Mum" ends up being Lilith, and Maze is a demon, she might just be the person that broke her out of hell.

'Mom, come meet my new boyfriend!'

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Echophonic posted:

Could have sworn he said she was a demon at some point. She definitely followed him to LA from hell and I'm reasonably sure he mentioned her being a torturer.

Yup, at one point he referred to her as 'hell's favorite torturer'.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
More importantly, we have a fall return date!!! September 19.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

SiKboy posted:

Honestly his overenunciated singing is one of my favourite things in the show. I laughed for probably about 15 straight minutes at his version of "Sinnerman". If they released a "Tom Ellis Overpronounces the hits" album I would buy it day one, no questions asked.

Oh god, me too. Sing to me, sweet Satan!

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I love how excited Lucifer always gets at discovering cocaine.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
.....I don't even want to know what the feather duster and can of....whatever-that-was, is for do I?

EDIT: THE PUNS

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 11, 2016

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Count on Lucifer to take away the exact wrong lesson.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
LADYBARBRAWL!!!

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Lucifer's fanboying is kind of adorable.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I really hope Luci punches Uriel in his ugly face.

EDIT: YESSSSSS

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 25, 2016

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Luci what the gently caress

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Zebulon posted:

Man. Like, I was expecting the sword to be an end-of-season mcguffin. The way they hyped it up they were obviously going to use it at some point.

But Lucifer shanking and killing one of his own brothers definitely seems like the sort of thing that'd gently caress him up, adversarial relationship with several of them or not.

Begs an intriguing question though: Can the Devil punish *himself*?

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Quick Trixie, share your chocolate with him and then hug him!

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Eddain posted:

Do you think Amenadiel and Maze see Lucifer's true face all the time or just whatever form he currently uses? And the mom too. Cause I don't know how anyone could look at that face all the time.

He has the kind of face only a mother could love. If she was blind in one eye, and had that sort of milky film over the other one.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Oh god Chloe's going to regret that so much....

OMG LUCIFER'S AMERICAN ACCENT WHAT

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 8, 2016

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
That was awesome.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Awww Maze got her friend back!

Also Chlocifer hugs!

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Zebulon posted:

The day Lucifer accepts a hug from Trixie is the day he's truly free and regains his wings.

What's more, the day he hugs her of his own initiative is the day his Dad goes, 'Yup, you passed the test son; I'm proud of you. Come on home.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Now I wanna know what it was she wanted in return that skeeved even Lucifer out.

OHOH CHLOE'S JEALOUS

• Locked thread