Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hit me up if you have an answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I don't think so.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i don't think anybody thought to make a 3D camera before nintendo, period

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i never get tired of this

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I was gonna say Donkey Kong Country, but I realized I was thinking of the angler fish that follows you in a dark water level, and that's a light and not a camera, and it's not 3D! I would have looked very foolish indeed!

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

I think Mario 64 was the first game with 3d camera, I vaguely remember it being a pretty big thing at the time

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i did but nintendo stole it before i could make any games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Hit me up if you have an answer.

Dziga Vhertov's Man With a Movie Camera is probably the earliest famous example, but there's likely more instances before then that weren't handled with as much artistic tact.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Spyro the Dragon

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tfw youre so immersed the whole game you forget this dude is documenting you until this room

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Lakitu reflected in horny biker Mario's shades

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Bobnumerotres posted:

tfw youre so immersed the whole game you forget this dude is documenting you until this room

Same feel in trailer park boys when ricky grabs the boom mic or shoves a camera guy

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lakitu reflected in horny biker Mario's shades

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Ristolaz posted:

Same feel in trailer park boys when ricky grabs the boom mic or shoves a camera guy

haha

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Can't wait for the Cannes premiere of Lakitu's epic single-shot documentary, "0.5 Presses"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

lmao

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I remember at the time that having the camera stuck at the level geometry was common for 3rd person games and that nintendo only put lakitu as a camera man so players would just accept that behavior. But also it's a good 3rd person camera and it was rare at the time. But all of this are faint memories so I could be wrong

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Ristolaz posted:

Princess Peach: No, T-Roc's not crazy. He just genuinely believes he's a Goomba.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Mario: Luigi, I'm-a telling you, you gotta stop-a growing pot.
Luigi: Come on, man, you can't tell-a me to do that.
Mario: I'm-a serious Luigi.
Luigi: You can't tell-a me to do that. It's-a like telling the Koopalings to stop being world bosses.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

T-Roc chillin hard

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

heck, has anyone thought to do it after?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

since you can move the camera you're actually playing 2 characters at once

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

its a shame lakitu can't travel to other PUs though

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

that ivy guy posted:

its a shame lakitu can't travel to other PUs though

this meme is getting out of hand

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i don't think so

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

what 3rd person platformers were even out b4 mario64

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
was earthbound the first game to tell you youve been playing too long and that you should take a break

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

was earthbound the first game to tell you youve been playing too long and that you should take a break

i don't know

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well, in any event, I love this trope and I love Nintendo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I went to the comedy gas chamber to find out where MatthewTheMan's thread went and it wasn't there but I saw this. lmfao http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3761729

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

I went to the comedy gas chamber to find out where MatthewTheMan's thread went and it wasn't there but I saw this. lmfao http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3761729

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My tables!!!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Congratulations to Matthewtheman on his first glodmined thread!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I appreciated the slow burn on that one since you knew from how he wrote, and what he said about FE that he was at least mildly disturbed but then boom 1 month of absence and he comes back with that... Just loving classic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Also glad that it was thanks in part to the majority of people here not trying to flame him off the bat. Anyway, sorry for the derail.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

Dziga Vhertov's Man With a Movie Camera is probably the earliest famous example, but there's likely more instances before then that weren't handled with as much artistic tact.

Made me think of that old story about Lumiére's L'Arrivée d'un train en gare de La Ciotat scaring people so bad that they got up and ran out. I don't know how true it is, though.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Can people stop namedropping stupid rear end foreign poverty art films in this thread for God sake.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I appreciated the slow burn on that one since you knew from how he wrote, and what he said about FE that he was at least mildly disturbed but then boom 1 month of absence and he comes back with that... Just loving classic.

It was extremely funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

what 3rd person platformers were even out b4 mario64

EVer heard of a little game called head over heels you ingrate

• Locked thread