Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Justice was served and gently caress any fascist who thought the feds should have crushed a peaceful protest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
R u saying that the system is

Rigged?

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Prove what? Only thing we know for sure is that they are literally Not guilty

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

corn in the bible posted:

thats not how laws work

the way laws work is that they are 100% not guilty and you can suck it

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
and they wound and kill literally no one aside from their own dumb selves
while oj stabbed his wife to death
great comparison

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
???

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

When did Baloogan become so right wing?

I'm not right wing or left wing, I just really hate the retoric thrown around over this peaceful protest. if they were left wing occupy hippies or black lives matter I'm sure you would be singing their praises and sucking their tiny peckers

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
and cheering when a black lives matter terrorist goes on a cop killing spree during a protest

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
only people who were harmed during this month long squat was the idiots who did it

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_shooting_of_Dallas_police_officers

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Boner Zone posted:

no dude I mean what the gently caress are you talking about lol

read the post i made immediately before that post

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Boner Zone posted:

yeah yeah so you're saying someone was cheering on that cop murderer, my point is did someone actually do that here or are you just pulling that from ur rear end?

reread what I posted, you are not understanding it

plus

loads of people itt calling for the deaths of the guys who were found not guilty

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
first off I absolutely believe that someone on SA has at some point cheered for a cop murderer; but that isn't the point I was trying to get across.

quote:

I just really hate the retoric thrown around over this peaceful protest.

Translation: The level of rhetoric in this thread, and in many other threads discussing this protest is terrible and I hate it

Then I provided a 'mirror image' example of terrible rhetoric from the other side, to try to show y'all what you sound like.

quote:

if they were left wing occupy hippies or black lives matter I'm sure you would be singing their praises and sucking their tiny peckers and cheering when a black lives matter terrorist goes on a cop killing spree during a protest

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
oh I guess this is where I smugly say something about safe spaces?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Square that with
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

ate all the Oreos posted:

Are you saying this was a well-regulated militia? Because it sounds like you're saying this was a well-regulated militia.

wasn't super regulated, but literally no one was injured or killed by the militia, which given the amount of firearms and idiots sounds impressive to me

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Ignoring all the good that ever came about due to civil disobedience

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
The legal system found them not guilty. Squint and try to make that out.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Again, bad examples because the bundy protests didn't kill or injure anyone at all

If bundy was killing people and lynching people I (and many others) wouldn't support them

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

It is the same mechanism in both lynchings and this case that found them not guilty. You cannot have one without the other.

mechanism being judged by jury of peers? Maybe its done alot of good and alot of bad, saved many innocents too. And let people go by mistake, like oj.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Mavric posted:

I guess death is only thing that matters. The property damage, the huge feces trench, the employees who were scared to come to work, nope, peaceful as peace comes.

as far as I know they weren't charged for any of that, so its the proceqution's fault not the idiots'

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They got a man killed by whipping him up into a paranoid frenzy to the point that he acquired a death wish.

he was paranoid about the federal guys killing him. and federal guys killed him. paranoia is an irrational fear of something, turns out tarpguy wasn't irrationally afraid.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Mavric posted:

you know that still doesn't make what they did peaceful

they were effectively picketing; maybe "nonviolent" is a better word to use than peaceful

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

They were charged for the employees scared to come to work dude, that is what the conspiracy charge was.

oh
thats dumb then, the bundies totally didn't scheme and plan in secret to make some federal employees have to telecommute

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

WINNINGHARD posted:

Is it nonviolent for me to point a loaded gun in your face?

so who, pray tell, at this protest walked up to anyone and pointed a loaded gun at their face?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

WINNINGHARD posted:

Answer my question first. Is it nonviolent for me to show up at your house with a loaded rifle and say "your claim on this house is illegitimate."?

this is ignoring the wider context, using your analogy the fellow in the house stole the house long ago from the guys showing up with the loaded rifles, and acted like a robber baron dolling out grazing land and taking it away like a tyrant
in matters pertaining to land managment in the western states (And in canada too) the federal government acts like a petty tyrant, stealing land from some, and given it out for political favors.
And to take your analogy further, the guys who show up with rifles and such, camp out on the lawn for a month then peacefully surrender to the authorities without injuring or wounding anyone. Yes, I would call it nonviolent

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The wider context here is that you're trying to claim "both sides do it" by comparing apples to oranges.

In this circus of idiots I think that "house" analogy is particularly stupid
not my analogy

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I would have thought there would be a septic system at the very least

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Baloogan wear the hat answer the loving questions.

i will answer literally everything! what haven't i answered so far

WINNINGHARD posted:

Ignoring the wider context? Like people taking up arms against the state? Come on dude.

Who did the federal government steal land from in this situation? The impetus for the first Bundy insurrection was Cliven Bundy's refusal to pay grazing fees on federal land. Any landowner would demand grazing fees from a neighbor in exchange for use of his land. It was unclaimed land when the US Army arrived in the 19th century and it has remained in the federal government's custody since that point. Periodically the federal government grants tracts of land to buyers for a price.

The one party that could make a claim that their land was stolen are native americans - there were none involved in this event.

Taking my analogy even further, it is no different than me showing up at your house with a loaded rifle, camping out there, refusing to let you inside, telling you I'll waste you if you set foot inside, and then leaving at the end of the month when the cops show up.

the feds stole the land from the indians; and the bunides grazed on that land for generations its just recently due to politics that they are cutting off access to land that should either have been bundies to begin with or available for people to buy from the indians

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Are you making a joke here or are you unaware of them digging the massive poo poo-trench. I'm genuinely curious, not trying to make fun of you or whatever.

yeah i heard about the poo poo trench

but till they got off I wasn't particularly interested in this, I thought they would be rotting in jail or something. Justice interests me, and I'm a bit shocked that a just verdict was reached.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Baloogan wear the hat answer the loving questions.

ive got a trillion euro peckerwoods coming at me and im one man and my flask is runneth dry
i will not run! i have, in many many many other threads been proven 100% wrong about things and i have accepted it with good humor.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

?
bundy father grazed there, did his parents graze their cattle there ?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Malachite_Dragon posted:

That's nice.
Now answer the loving questions instead of dodging them.

list the questions ive missed!!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

WINNINGHARD posted:

Cliven Bundy refused to pay the under-market grazing fees that the federal government asked for, because he does not believe the federal government is legitimate.

Here are the questions you have not answered:

Is the criterion for force someone actually dying?
Are you OK with threats backed by firearms if they don't result in death when the targeted party complies?
If I came to your house and put a gun in your face and said "give me everything valuable in your home or you're dead" would you consider that a peaceful exchange?
a/s/l?

yes
complicated
no (tho I reject your analogy)
no (tho I reject your analogy)
older than my posts indicate / male/ america/canada

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Platystemon posted:

Over/under on Baloogan unironically calling the MNWR the “Harney County Resource Center”?

i unironically don't know what MNWR or "Harney" is

its BAD and its a threat and it implies violence based on context

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

I hate being *that guy* but

hey they were judged by the legal system im feeling pretty good about if there was a crime involving threat of violence that they would be behind bars charged with a pile of poo poo atm

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
the prosecution didn't even try to charge them with stuff related to that, thus people who know ALOT more than I do about the case decided not to proceque it

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
tho i will say i did think that violence only refered to acts but now im thinking about violence being acts and implied acts

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Platystemon posted:

Miscarriages of justice exist, friend.

just cause you don't like the outcome doesn't make it a miscarrage tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
hey due to the expanded definition of violence all these posts are being violent and are on the same level as someone literally shooting me@!!!